1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I know of no reputable source that convicts Calvin of pedophilia/child abuse. Nor have I found an iota of proof that he ever killed ANYone, nor did he HAVE anyone killed (he didn't have the power). Like Luther, Wesley, and other church fathers, he had faults, but these are recorded. That's the difference in Christians and other faiths---we accept our he ...[text shortened]... re right, they can be sublime; when they're wrong, we're all over 'em and let them know it!
    to PinkFloyed

There you go, reading into things with a fault finding attitude, why do you presume that child abuse has only connections to pedophilia, theres such a thing as mental/emotional abuse to children by way of false indoctination.

So Mr Calvine is an abuser.

vishva
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 08:29
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    There you go, reading into things with a fault finding attitude, why do you presume that child abuse has only connections to pedophilia, theres such a thing as mental/emotional abuse to children by way of false indoctination.

So Mr Calvine is an abuser.
    Can you give one source which substantiates your claim that Mr Calvin taught a child by way of false indoctrination.
    Can you even substantiate that he ever taught a child at all?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 09:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Can you give one source which substantiates your claim that Mr Calvin taught a child by way of false indoctrination.
    Can you even substantiate that he ever taught a child at all?
    to TwhiteHead

He teach,s christianity, which teach,s that people burn in hell, and thats child abuse

Look Mr TwhiteHead, could you do your own research, as i dont have time to spoon feed you, about simple things, and in the future, if you ask a simpleton question, i will not respond
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 10:45
    He teach,s christianity, which teach,s that people burn in hell, and thats child abuse
    But did he teach it to children? That is the issue at hand.

Look Mr TwhiteHead, could you do your own research, as i dont have time to spoon feed you, about simple things, and in the future, if you ask a simpleton question, i will not respond
    If you need to do research to substantiate your claim, then you do not know whether or not your claim is accurate. So you could well be making false claims. That is child abuse.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 11:48

[b]Look Mr TwhiteHead, could you do your own research, as i dont have time to spoon feed you, about simple things, and in the future, if you ask a simpleton question, i will not respond

If you need to do research to substantiate your claim, then you do not know whether or not your claim is accurate. So you could well be making false claims. That is child abuse.[/b]
    to TwhiteHead

Fool

vishva
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 11:58

[b]Look Mr TwhiteHead, could you do your own research, as i dont have time to spoon feed you, about simple things, and in the future, if you ask a simpleton question, i will not respond

If you need to do research to substantiate your claim, then you do not know whether or not your claim is accurate. So you could well be making false claims. That is child abuse.[/b]
    If he teaches the doctrine of "hell", then he is indirectly affecting all people and their children. I think that is what Vishva is getting at.
    At the same time, I reckon that if he did not uphold the christian ideology, he would've been replaced by someone who did.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:41
    to TwhiteHead

Fool

vishva
    Child abuser.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 13:45
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    If he teaches the doctrine of "hell", then he is indirectly affecting all people and their children. I think that is what Vishva is getting at.
    Well in that case we could quite easily accuse just about any major figure in history of child abuse. Similarly, nearly every parent could be accused of the same - including vishvahetu.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:06
    Well in that case we could quite easily accuse just about any major figure in history of child abuse. Similarly, nearly every parent could be accused of the same - including vishvahetu.
    Agreed.
    We need more tolerance and understanding, not finger-pointing. The blame-game does not get us anywhere.
  10. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:23
    to TwhiteHead

lol~~~ I thought you were seriuos. My bad. If teaching Christianity (or any faith for that matter) what you equate to something as heinous child abuse, you surely must be speaking in jest. That, or you are possessing the blackest, most evil heart in existence.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:28
    lol~~~ I thought you were seriuos. My bad. If teaching Christianity (or any faith for that matter) what you equate to something as heinous child abuse, you surely must be speaking in jest. That, or you are possessing the blackest, most evil heart in existence.
    It's the latter i think.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 14:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's the latter i think.
    Nah man, he's just naive.
    His posts are not thought through properly. Its not good to accuse anyone of that that posts text on a chat site.
    But I dont blame you for reacting the way you did to Pink Floyds post.

C'mon Vishva, I know you have the patience and the sensibility to do better🙂
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 15:06
    Nah man, he's just naive.
    His posts are not thought through properly. Its not good to accuse anyone of that that posts text on a chat site.
    But I dont blame you for reacting the way you did to Pink Floyds post.

C'mon Vishva, I know you have the patience and the sensibility to do better🙂
    If he (or she) doesn't have sense enough to post before thinking it "through properly", he should stay away from the keyboard. This Vishnuva person, whoever he is, compares religion to child abuse, and that makes him one very twisted f@$#.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 15:25
    If he (or she) doesn't have sense enough to post before thinking it "through properly", he should stay away from the keyboard. This Vishnuva person, whoever he is, compares religion to child abuse, and that makes him one very twisted f@$#.
    Ok. Thats your opinion.
    Remember there are over 40 000 denominations of christianity, so its hard to say which particurlar denomination he is commenting on.
    If you christians are solid enough in your convictions then you should'nt have any problems with the likes of vishva.
    Certainly he doesn't deserve that sort of verbal abuse. Nobody does.
    But, of course, that is just my humble opinion🙂
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 15:56
    Ok. Thats your opinion.
    Remember there are over 40 000 denominations of christianity, so its hard to say which particurlar denomination he is commenting on.
    If you christians are solid enough in your convictions then you should'nt have any problems with the likes of vishva.
    Certainly he doesn't deserve that sort of verbal abuse. Nobody does.
    But, of course, that is just my humble opinion🙂
    I have little sympathy for someone who initiates the "verbal abuse", which is what vishnuclown did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree