1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 17:35
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I have little sympathy for someone who initiates the "verbal abuse", which is what vishnuclown did.
    You are a christian- act like one.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 08:061 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Remember there are over 40 000 denominations of christianity, so its hard to say which particurlar denomination he is commenting on.
    He was commenting on everybody except himself.
    My real objections to his initial comment is that he was not clear what he meant by 'child abuse', he singled out Mr Calvin (when his claim applies to everyone), when challenged he resorted to insults, and finally the same charge applies equally to him too.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 08:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My real objections to his initial comment is that he was not clear what he meant by 'child abuse', he singled out Mr Calvin (when his claim applies to everyone), when challenged he resorted to insults, and finally the same charge applies equally to him too.
    to TwhiteHead

No, you weren,t clear, and your still not clear, and you will never be clear, if you remain a blind atheist.

As i said before, to discern spiritual matters requires insight, so go and get some insight, and then come back, otherwise i will allways speak against your atheistic views in this forum.

There are people in this forum, who are trying to help you understand, but while you maintain a argumentative and brash attitude, then you will get no where.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 16:16
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to TwhiteHead

No, you weren,t clear, and your still not clear, and you will never be clear, if you remain a blind atheist.

As i said before, to discern spiritual matters requires insight, so go and get some insight, and then come back, otherwise i will allways speak against your atheistic views in this forum.

There are people in this forum, who a ...[text shortened]... derstand, but while you maintain a argumentative and brash attitude, then you will get no where.
    Vishvahetu, again you rudely dismiss clearly intelligent people who don't share your theological viewpoint. Your attitude is far more 'brash' and 'argumentative' than that shown by anybody else here. I concede that there may be some elements of truth in your views, as, like everybody else here, the glass through which I try to view spiritual truth is so dark as to be opaque. You, however, persistently and arrogantly profess higher 'knowledge' while waving away data and opinion of value inestimably higher than your own as 'false', 'ignorant', less-intelligent and lacking in insight. The inevitable consequence of this attitude is, I am afraid, that you come across as ill-informed and unpleasantly arrogant, which is a shame, as it makes reasonable discussion with you a very difficult if not impossible proposition.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 18:391 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Vishvahetu, again you rudely dismiss clearly intelligent people who don't share your theological viewpoint. Your attitude is far more 'brash' and 'argumentative' than that shown by anybody else here. I concede that there may be some elements of truth in your views, as, like everybody else here, the glass through which I try to view spiritual makes reasonable discussion with you a very difficult if not impossible proposition.
    to AvalanchtheCat

Lets go straight to the point, you say mans origins, started in a muddy puddle, after it was hit by a lightning bolt, ( a random accident) and from that occurance we now have millions of complex living species, including man.

But you fail to explain, where the universe came from, and the puddle, and the lightning bolt, and the amoeba, and consciousness, and intelligence, and the thousands of different foods to feed all these speices, and all the nutrients to make growth possible, etc etc etc

And clearly your proposal is not intelligent.

Now after hearing this, i protest strongly, and you complain that my disagreeance with that goobl gook, is arrogant and insulting, but your proposal is rediculous, and the worst thing is, that you teach this rubbish to young children.

If this wasnt taught to children, then i would not bother to speak against it.

So my request is, do not teach the children this, its your belief, and keep it to yourselves.

vishva
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 19:05
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to AvalanchtheCat

Lets go straight to the point, you say mans origins, started in a muddy puddle, after it was hit by a lightning bolt, ( a random accident) and from that occurance we now have millions of complex living species, including man.

But you fail to explain, where the universe came from, and the puddle, and the lightning bolt, and the amoe ...[text shortened]... equest is, do not teach the children this, its your belief, and keep it to yourselves.

vishva
    Skipping the first two paragraphs (as you have proven singularly impervious to logical explanation of these concepts)...

And clearly your proposal is not intelligent.
    There you go again. It doesn't seem intelligent to you because you haven't taken the time to understand anybody's position but your own. So you just dismiss differing opinions with insult, again.

but your proposal is rediculous, and the worst thing is, that you teach this rubbish to young children.
    Firstly, the word is spelt with an I - "ridiculous". Secondly, if you are unable to understand somebody's argument, how can you judge it? Thirdly, what makes you think I teach anything to young children? Fourthly, could you please learn to argue without resorting to your tiresome insults?

So my request is, do not teach the children this, its your belief, and keep it to yourselves.
    One could argue that your opinions (not to mention your grammar and spelling) are uneducated and ill-informed nonsense, and that teaching them to young children in the way you do is child-abuse. So keep them to yourself.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 23:15
    You are a christian- act like one.
    Don't tell me how to act you little --------
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    04 Jul '10 23:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You can't reason with a psychopath, tw. Might as well not even try.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:25
    Don't tell me how to act you little --------
    Dont tell me what to tell you. Ok.
    Whats up your but anyway? I thought you were one of those more reasonable christian types, hence my apppeal to your better nature.
    Sorry if I offended you, twas not my intention. Feel free to snap back at me- you got a free shot. 😉
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:28
    what is more yielding than water? yet back it comes, time and again, and may with constancy, turn rock to sand.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:29
    You can't reason with a psychopath, tw. Might as well not even try.
    The only worst thing than psycopaths are psychopaths that dont even realize they are psychopaths. Hahahaha😀😀
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is more yielding than water? yet back it comes, time and again, and may with constancy, turn rock to sand.
    ether
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 00:391 edit
    ether
    what's ether? and if it drips with constancy, can it make holes in solid rock?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 01:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what's ether? and if it drips with constancy, can it make holes in solid rock?
    What is more yielding than water? ether.
    I didn't say it could make holes in rock, I just said it was more yielding.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '10 01:24
    What is more yielding than water? ether.
    I didn't say it could make holes in rock, I just said it was more yielding.
    sorry, the question was rhetorical, and should be understood with reference to its second part as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree