Calvinism...

Calvinism...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
05 Jul 10
1 edit

to everyone

Dont get your knikers in a knot, everyone knows exactly what i mean, especially when i posted a few days back that child abuse is not black and white, and said any false indoctrination given to a child, is child abuse, and Mr Calvin is a radical christian, which means he is implicated in child abuse, now what part of all that dont you get.

vishva

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sorry, the question was rhetorical, and should be understood with reference to its second part as well.
Understood.
Y'know I have a very naive understaning of humour, especially internet humour.
That is one area you have helped me, dear rascal🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
to everyone

Dont get your knikers in a knot, everyone knows exactly what i mean, especially when i posted a few days back that child abuse is not black and white, and said any false indoctrination given to a child, is child abuse, and Mr Calvin is a radical christian, which means he is implicated in child abuse, now what part of all that dont you get.

vishva
I,ve noticed have picked up on your more naive, misguided views.
Very easy to do. Hindsight is easy.
Its a shame they haven't noticed some of the more practical, insightful views on spirituality.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I,ve noticed have picked up on your more naive, misguided views.
Very easy to do. Hindsight is easy.
Its a shame they haven't noticed some of the more practical, insightful views on spirituality.
to karoly aczel

Yea, and the thing about insight is, that it is a gift that comes to a person, when they have embraced the spiritual path for some time.

vishva

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
to karoly aczel

Yea, and the thing about insight is, that it is a gift that comes to a person, when they have embraced the spiritual path for some time.

vishva
Like a child learning to ride a bike-seems hard at first and you want to give a up, but a persistant ,patient parent will persist in guiding the child, for the parent knows that to teach the child to fish will feed him/her for a lifetime. When the child learns to ride they will never forget-only get better.

rc

Moves
05 Jul 10

Understood.
Y'know I have a very naive understaning of humour, especially internet humour.
That is one area you have helped me, dear rascal🙂
a rascal i am Karoly Poly and if i have caused offence i beg your forgiveness. 🙂

P

weedhopper

Moves
05 Jul 10

Dont tell me what to tell you. Ok.
Whats up your but anyway? I thought you were one of those more reasonable christian types, hence my apppeal to your better nature.
Sorry if I offended you, twas not my intention. Feel free to snap back at me- you got a free shot. 😉
I had reasoned you to be one of the more reasonable people on these forums also (which I'm sure you know is a very tiny minority). But I don't suffer rude people, and that Vishidiot was rude. And you took up for him. Now why you'd want to do that, I've no idea. I can only conclude that either a) you know him and/or like him, which would explain the nut-hugging, or b) you are more tolerant of idiocy than am I. I don't tolerate boorish behavior, but will respond in kind. If your definition of a Christian prohibits that, then we disagree. If you think you have the right to "tell me" (or anyone else) how to act, then you're worse than an idiot.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
a rascal i am Karoly Poly and if i have caused offence i beg your forgiveness. 🙂
No,no...not this time🙂 ,like I said, you've helped

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I had reasoned you to be one of the more reasonable people on these forums also (which I'm sure you know is a very tiny minority). But I don't suffer rude people, and that Vishidiot was rude. And you took up for him. Now why you'd want to do that, I've no idea. I can only conclude that either a) you know him and/or like him, which would explain the nu ...[text shortened]... ave the right to "tell me" (or anyone else) how to act, then you're worse than an idiot.
I'll explain. Its just that I can see where vishva is coming from with SOME of his posts.
You were certainly not out of line to say what you had said, but he was kind of getting a pummelling by many people for PARTS of his posts, which was probably deserved. But I kinda liked some of the more positive stuff he had to say.
Definately a grey area...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10
1 edit

I had reasoned you to be one of the more reasonable people on these forums also (which I'm sure you know is a very tiny minority). But I don't suffer rude people, and that Vishidiot was rude. And you took up for him. Now why you'd want to do that, I've no idea. I can only conclude that either a) you know him and/or like him, which would explain the nu ave the right to "tell me" (or anyone else) how to act, then you're worse than an idiot.
And no. I dont advocate telling adults what to do like that unless they distinctly ask for it. I can understand your disliking of him.

P

weedhopper

Moves
05 Jul 10

And no. I dont advocate telling adults what to do like that unless they distinctly ask for it. I can understand your disliking of him.
and you?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 10
1 edit

and you?
Me what? Do I like Vishva or do I tell adults what to do?(Or both or something else?) ...(bit slow this mornin)

P

weedhopper

Moves
05 Jul 10

Me what? Do I like Vishva or do I tell adults what to do?(Or both or something else?) ...(bit slow this mornin)
Sorry bout that--I wasn't very clear. You said you understood me not liking Vishhead. I also don't like people telling me what to do, so my question was if you understand why I don't like you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Jul 10

Sorry bout that--I wasn't very clear. You said you understood me not liking Vishhead. I also don't like people telling me what to do, so my question was if you understand why I don't like you.
No, I dont understand why you dont like me. I would like to find out though. Serious. I wont go below the belt🙂

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 Jul 10

No, I dont understand why you dont like me. I would like to find out though. Serious. I wont go below the belt🙂
"You are a christian- act like one."

"Dont tell me what to tell you."

These were your words, directed at me. I've no respect for bully tactics--telling others how they must act and what they must say. Debate is great; disagreement is inevitable and a good thing. Piling on is not. You want to stick up for Vishious, fine. But don not tell me what to do, what to say, or how to act. And yes, I WILL tell you what to "tell me" when the words are those of a bully who thinks he can dictate through intimidation.
Most people, Christian or not, when they realize they're wrong and offended someone, they recognize it and apologize. I see none of that in what you've written--only reasons and excuses. I haven't pulled the plug on you, yet. I reserve the block only for incorrigibly profound boors with absolutely no manners nor place in polite society, like A. Warlock and a few others. I am still deliberating.