1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    I can never tell when you're serious or not!
    The Spirit of the Lord is upon us.
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:25
    Can you show me where in the Bible it says that the path to God is only through the [b]written word of God?[/b]

Can you show me where I can find the path to God without the bible?[/b]
    You can find the path to God through your lived experiences, the experiences and assistance of the people around you, through the natural world, through Kirksey and DrScribbles and Mimor and Jewish psychotherapists ... and the Bible. The Bible is an "and." It is not the whole thing. Lived experience leads you to want to learn more, and the Bible can be great for that if you want to know about the history of your faith. But Jesus and the disciples didn't only sit around all day reading the scrolls and interpreting them. I just don't understand the idea of limiting yourself to one avenue and then considering yourself a Christian.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:43
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    You can find the path to God through your lived experiences, the experiences and assistance of the people around you, through the natural world, through Kirksey and DrScribbles and Mimor and Jewish psychotherapists ... and the Bible. The Bible is an "and." It is not the whole thing. Lived experience leads you to want to learn more, and the Bible can b ...[text shortened]... stand the idea of limiting yourself to one avenue and then considering yourself a Christian.
    "You can find the path to God through your lived experiences,"

That means absolutely nothing.
    Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one cometh unto the father, but by me".
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:45
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The Spirit of the Lord is upon us.
    The spirit of Christ is IN me.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:49
    The spirit of Christ is IN me.
    Good, I look forward to your entry in the 3rd round of the sermon competition thread.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 02:59
    Good, I look forward to your entry in the 3rd round of the sermon competition thread.
    I'll be there!
  7. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 12:51
    "You can find the path to God through your lived experiences,"

That means absolutely nothing.
    To you.

Not to others.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 17:56
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    To you.

Not to others.
    Then others are diluted if something that means nothing means something to them!😕
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 18:57
    Then others are diluted if something that means nothing means something to them!😕
    deluded
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 20:51
    How is it that you came to decide that reality means nothing? Does that mean that you are unable to look at your life and see moments when you felt the hand of God helping you (as opposed to the Hand of Hecate thwarting you)? You never felt or experienced God working through other people? No one was ever there once when you needed extra help? You were never able to help anyone else? I am confused because it seems like aside from the Bible, your life interpretations are the same as an atheist's.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 21:00
    How is it that you came to decide that reality means nothing? Does that mean that you are unable to look at your life and see moments when you felt the hand of God helping you (as opposed to the Hand of Hecate thwarting you)? You never felt or experienced God working through other people? No one was ever there once when you needed extra help? You wer ...[text shortened]... use it seems like aside from the Bible, your life interpretations are the same as an atheist's.
    Perhaps this is a God-given opportunity for you in the fire and brimstone sermon round to preach to Josephw.
  12. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Jun '07 21:02
    Perhaps this is a God-given opportunity for you in the fire and brimstone sermon round to preach to Josephw.
    Don't think it didn't cross my mind! 😉
  13. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    30 Jun '07 00:55
    Don't think it didn't cross my mind! 😉
    Sermon written, but not addressed to Josephw. I really was going to stay out of this round, though. Maybe I'll skip the next one instead.
  14. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    30 Jun '07 01:191 edit
    Sermon written, but not addressed to Josephw. I really was going to stay out of this round, though. Maybe I'll skip the next one instead.
    From your sermon:

Stop marching in front of abortion clinics and start helping overwhelmed mothers.

Dynamite.

EDIT: no pun intended re: abortion clinics.
  15. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    30 Jun '07 01:22
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    From your sermon:

[b]Stop marching in front of abortion clinics and start helping overwhelmed mothers.

Dynamite.

EDIT: no pun intended re: abortion clinics.[/b]
    🙂 Thanks!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree