1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 09:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You make no sense. 2 & 3 never new Jesus.
    The only groups of people that are, are sinners saved by God grace, and sinners not saved
    by God grace. God is not a respecter of people this disjointed view is making him make
    things up to fit his views verse him altering his view to fit what is written.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 10:47
    You make no sense. 2 & 3 never new Jesus.
    I know you are the slow type so I will not quote too many passages and flood you with information. This matter has been discussed over and over between sonship and I, There are several threads running with this ongoing discussion. You obviously are not reading those.

Here is one from Paul, addressing Christian saints from Corinth ... these are Christians all converted, born again, all with the Holy Spirit. Paul is not addressing those who do not know Christ

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

[Group 1] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

[Group 2] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

[Group 3] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:13-17 KJV)

I put in those group #s.
    1. Reward
    2. Judgment and punishment but still saved
    3. Destruction

If you want to see another from Christ or Peter let me know.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 11:111 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The only groups of people that are, are sinners saved by God grace, and sinners not saved
    by God grace. God is not a respecter of people this disjointed view is making him make
    things up to fit his views verse him altering his view to fit what is written.
    What nonsense are you talking. Rather than attempt to belittle me and what I say, maybe you can explain what Paul is saying. Jesus said the very same thing.

Here are the questions pertaining to Paul letter to Corinth Chap 3

- Who is Paul addressing here - Christians or non Christians
    - How many groups did Paul identify
    - Are all groups going to enter the Kingdom of God

Group 1 for sure
    Group 2 maybe
    Group 3 No.

Neither do you understand what is Gods grace and the concept of saved.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 19:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I know you are the slow type so I will not quote too many passages and flood you with information. This matter has been discussed over and over between sonship and I, There are several threads running with this ongoing discussion. You obviously are not reading those.

Here is one from Paul, addressing Christian saints from Corinth ... these are Christians ...[text shortened]... but still saved
    3. Destruction

If you want to see another from Christ or Peter let me know.
    Every man's work will truly be burned up the work that God does through people will not be burned up.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 20:285 edits
    [Group 1] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

[Group 2] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

[Group 3] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:13-17 KJV)

I put in those group #s.
    1. Reward
    2. Judgment and punishment but still saved
    3. Destruction

There are two ways a person may destroy the church (which cannot really be destroyed (Matt. 16:18) ).

First he may be an unbeliever attempting to persecute the Christian church.
    Secondly he may be a believer who attempts to build the church things of the old man and not of Christ's redemption. These inferior materials mar, defile and deface the church.

The context of First Corinthians 3:14 favors the Paul is mainly warning those Christians who may be saved, yet lose a reward because of inferior building materials.

Watch how seamlessly these passages go together:

"For we [the apostles] are God's fellow workers'; you are God's cultivated land, God's building".

According to the grace of God given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid a foundation, and another builds upon it. But let each man take heed how he builds upon it.

For another foundation no one is able to lay besides that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

But if anyone builds upon the foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, grass, stubble, the work of each will become manifest, for the day will declare it, because it is revealed by fire, and the fire itself will prove each one's work, of what sort it is.

if anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward.

If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, and such are you." (1 Cor. 3:9-17)

1.) The linking of "God's cultivated land [or farm]" with "God's building" strongly means to BUILD the building is a matter of Christ GROWING in the believers.

2.) The result of the precious materials or BUILDING gold, silver, precious stone must be the result of Christ well growing in the Christians.

3.) The result of the inferior building materials signified by "wood, grass, stubble" must be the result of the failure for Christ to grow in the Christians. They are still attempting to build the temple of God with the OLD MAN.

4.) Growth will be rewarded. And failure to grow will be punished.

4.) Receive a reward is associated with materials that can stand the fire of Christ's examination when it comes time to dispense reward of discipline to Christians.

5.) To "suffer loss" is to not be rewarded. But such are saved anyway yet so as through fire.

6.) The seamless progression from this warning into the exhortation the those who destroy the temple of God which they ARE must meant that the destruction has to do with the suffering of loss.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

If anyone destroys the temple of God. God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, and such are you.'

The Holy Spirit dwelling in the spirit of the saints needs to grow with the growth of God so that Christ is wrought into all of their soul for the building of the church with the proper materials which can stand up remaining at the judgment seat of Christ. They suffer loss for marring, defiling and almost (if possible) destroying the holy church of God.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jun '17 22:37
    Every man's work will truly be burned up the work that God does through people will not be burned up.
    Got a Bible handy? Quote some passages.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 00:13
    Got a Bible handy? Quote some passages.
    You don't get it. It's all about Jesus not man!
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 00:23
    You don't get it. It's all about Jesus not man!
    You dont get it. Post some biblical support like any self-respecting bible debater. I know that nobody is interested in my opinion so I produce some references. Try it.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '17 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] [Group 1] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

[Group 3] Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, h ...[text shortened]... ey suffer loss for marring, defiling and almost (if possible) destroying the holy church of God.
    Not Paul, nobody else either is arguing that anyone can destroy Gods church.
    Neither is the church a building but a collection of Christian Saints.
    The point Paul is making is that there are some in the church
    who God will destroy because of their evil and sinlful lifestyle.
    Its simple and straightforward.
    Its requires no lengthy explanation or analysis.

Your lengthy explanations prove that your aim is to contradict the Bible.

Truth requires no analysis and explanation.
    Lies require you to do that.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 22:07
    Not Paul, nobody else either is arguing that anyone can destroy Gods church.
    Neither is the church a building but a collection of Christian Saints.
    The point Paul is making is that there are some in the church
    who God will destroy because of their evil and sinlful lifestyle.
    Its simple and straightforward.
    Its requires no lengthy explanation or anal ...[text shortened]... ntradict the Bible.

Truth requires no analysis and explanation.
    Lies require you to do that.
    So why aren't there a bunch of dead child molester priests? Your god should have offed them decades ago and if it did just that, hundreds of children would have instead grown up with normal minds not warped by repeated rape at the hands of priests and not just Catholic either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree