1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 04:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    You went 4 words further than I did.
    I'm a bit of a "completionist" - start a sentence, read a sentence, etc.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 08:03
    @sonship said

SUDDENLY NPR or Time Magazine assuress us Evolution may have the answer to how life started.
    You'll be able to find the article that claims
    Evolution has the answer to how life started then.

I'd love to see it.

Thanks.
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 08:481 edit
    @secondson said
    An interesting dichotomy is the idea that contrasts evolution with creation based on eyewitness testimony. It is uncontested that evolution has no basis of evidence by observation. An evolutionist must take it by faith that energy and chance brought matter and life into existence based on scientific theoretical assumptions, with no eyewitness testimony.

Not so is it with ...[text shortened]... t stretch faith further and further in an attempt to encompass an ever changing theoretical process.
    After 12+ years and what must be hundreds of evolution discussions you still haven't learned anything about - or even the basics of - evolution. Incredible.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 09:46
    @Lundos

I had many discussions over the years with the defunct robbie carrobie about evolution, he was a JW creationist. In one memorable exchange, which in my view (if we can overlook my own self importance for a moment) will go down history as an RHP classic, he revealed he had never read a book written by an evolutionary biologist. I offered to send him one in the post to read, he point blank refused. Again and again, despite claiming he was a 'free spirited thinker who evaluated the evidence with his own mind'. They don't want to learn, they have no reason too which is the sad truth of it.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 10:30
    @proper-knob said
    @Lundos

I had many discussions over the years with the defunct robbie carrobie about evolution, he was a JW creationist. In one memorable exchange, which in my view (if we can overlook my own self importance for a moment) will go down history as an RHP classic, he revealed he had never read a book written by an evolutionary biologist. I offered to send him one in the p ...[text shortened]... with his own mind'. They don't want to learn, they have no reason too which is the sad truth of it.
    Have you personally read any critiques of macro evolution?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 11:03
    @dj2becker said
    Have you personally read any critiques of macro evolution?
    I'm sure either sonship of yourself will provide an informative youtube link. (Can I request one that doesn't make reference to demons).
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 11:15
    @dj2becker

Numerous.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 11:19
    @proper-knob said
    @dj2becker

Numerous.
    examples
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 11:26
    @KellyJay

Where's your manners?
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 11:50
    @proper-knob said
    @SecondSon

Not so is it with creationism. Creationists have the eyewitness testimony of the creator. God, who cannot lie, tells us exactly how the universe came into existence in a way that's easy to understand and believe.

There are really no words to describe this. Quite incredible stuff SecondSon.
    "I believe because it is incredible." (Or words to that effect) -- Tertulian.
  11. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 12:35
    @proper-knob said
    @Lundos

I had many discussions over the years with the defunct robbie carrobie about evolution, he was a JW creationist. In one memorable exchange, which in my view (if we can overlook my own self importance for a moment) will go down history as an RHP classic, he revealed he had never read a book written by an evolutionary biologist. I offered to send him one in the p ...[text shortened]... with his own mind'. They don't want to learn, they have no reason too which is the sad truth of it.
    Fanaticism was, is and always will be a barrier to understanding and growth.

Maybe it was always thus but with the internet and social media it becomes clearer and clearer how common it is.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 13:28
    @proper-knob said
    @KellyJay

Where's your manners?
    Sorry?
    Did I offend?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 19:19
    @proper-knob said
    @dj2becker

Numerous.
    Such as?
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 20:11
    @KellyJay

Not in the slightest.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 20:12
    @dj2becker

Are you after the specific arguments or names of publications?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree