1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 23:15
    @proper-knob said
    @dj2becker

Are you after the specific arguments or names of publications?
    Have you read or watched Stephen C. Meyer this is a 4 minute brief talk.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 03:55
    @proper-knob said
    @dj2becker

Are you after the specific arguments or names of publications?
    Names of publications would suffice, thanks.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 10:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm sure either sonship of yourself will provide an informative youtube link. (Can I request one that doesn't make reference to demons).
    A Mathematician's critique of Darwinian theory (a confessed agnostic) Thirty Seven minutes with helpful annotations describing sections of his comments.

David Berlinski: Rebellious Intellectual Defies Darwinism

YouTube
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 10:37
    @sonship said
    A Mathematician's critique of Darwinian theory (a confessed agnostic) Thirty Seven minutes with helpful annotations describing sections of his comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740
    My request was rhetorical.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 11:44
    @sonship said

As an aside, if David Berlinski ~ a mathematician you apparently rate ~ were to change his mind about this, would you stop agreeing with him?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 17:58
    @fmf said
    As an aside, if David Berlinski ~ a mathematician you apparently rate ~ were to change his mind about this, would you stop agreeing with him?
    You are actually asking if two people agree and one changes their mind, would they still agree? Seriously!?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 01:01
    @kellyjay said
    You are actually asking if two people agree and one changes their mind, would they still agree? Seriously!?
    I was simply pointing out the fact that unmittigated 'confirmation bias' is in play but did so in a way that was apparently too incapacitatingly droll for you.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 03:31
    @fmf said
    I was simply pointing out the fact that unmittigated 'confirmation bias' is in play but did so in a way that was apparently too incapacitatingly droll for you.
    Yea your right, if two people agree and one changes their mind, would they still agree went right over my head.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 04:41
    @kellyjay said
    Yea your right, if two people agree and one changes their mind, would they still agree went right over my head.
    Even when I tell you the comment was an observation on 'confirmation bias', it STILL goes over your head!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 04:50
    @fmf said
    Even when I tell you the comment was an observation on 'confirmation bias', it STILL goes over your head!
    Yep, when two agree and one changes their mind that just so went over my head as
    if there was something really deep there.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 04:58
    @kellyjay said
    Yep, when two agree and one changes their mind that just so went over my head as
    if there was something really deep there.
    Do you know what 'confirmation bias' is? Knowing what the term means does not make anyone "deep". No one has claimed that. Three times now, a really straight forward aside in a conversation has gone whoosh over your head. You just did not comprehend the not-deep pitch of the original aside and here you are still attempting a postmortem on my words when you should probably just be smoothing down your feathers instead.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:33
    @dj2becker

Darwin’s Black Box
    The Case for a Creator
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:54
    @KellyJay

I’m aware of Meyer and the Discovery Insitute, I’ve read snippets of his stuff. He’s just promoting ‘God of the gaps’.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:00
    @fmf said
    Do you know what 'confirmation bias' is? Knowing what the term means does not make anyone "deep". No one has claimed that. Three times now, a really straight forward aside in a conversation has gone whoosh over your head. You just did not comprehend the not-deep pitch of the original aside and here you are still attempting a postmortem on my words when you should probably just be smoothing down your feathers instead.
    Yes, I'm aware of the term. Which is when looking around at evidence you see what you want to see that promotes your views. You were addressing agreements and disagreements while two different people were looking at the same truth. If we agreed on a point and you suddenly disagreed would we still be in agreement is nonsensical, if you look at an argument and only saw what proved your point, that would be confirmation bias.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:04
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, I'm aware of the term. Which is when looking around at evidence you see what you want to see that promotes your views. You were addressing agreements and disagreements while two different people were looking at the same truth. If we agreed on a point and you suddenly disagreed would we still be in agreement is nonsensical, if you look at an argument and only saw what proved your point, that would be confirmation bias.
    All the evidence points to you being too prideful to admit that you simply got the wrong end of the stick when you read my ironic aside.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree