1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's not a particularly funny thing to say but, I suppose, a bit cheeky when said by a French President, and therefore sort of funny coming from him. But it certainly has worn even thinner with you repeating it here more than once, and kind of draws attention to the fact that you are not very funny yourself, although people might laugh at you from time to time. ...[text shortened]... n't this kind of lame banter belong on General Forum, seeing as it has no spiritual dimension?
    He's right RJH.

Let's get back to that schlong insertion spiritual stuff so the thread doesn't get moved.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:44
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Well you said your nationality is British.
    I think that the notion that trustworthiness is linked to nationality is a bit silly. However, I perceive that Indonesians - broadly speaking - see British people living and working here as more honest and sympathetic and culturally respectful than Americans, for instance. I'm not talking about tourists here.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:47
    He's right RJH.

Let's get back to that schlong insertion spiritual stuff so the thread doesn't get moved.
    I would have thought that - having set his store out here at RHP as a rather bitter and doggedly parochial misanthrope - RJHinds would have raised more of a laugh if he'd tried being funny in a way that distanced himself from how he comes across usually - rather than this, which seems like unintended self-deprecation, which strikes me as a bit dreary and cliched.
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would have thought that - having set his store out here at RHP as a rather bitter and doggedly parochial misanthrope - RJHinds would have raised more of a laugh if he'd tried being funny in a way that distanced himself from how he comes across usually - rather than this, which seems like unintended self-deprecation, which strikes me as a bit dreary and cliched.
    Seriously I'll stop. I tend to (immaturely) get carried away until I piss someone off and then it's not funny anymore.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I think I made myself laugh more than anyone else.. which speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes about your lack of wit!!! 😠 No. Seriously. I'll stop. Have a good 'un and I'll go to do things I should be doing anyway.

🙂
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:52
    He's right RJH.

I guess I better go hide in a hole for awhile until this all blows over.
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think that the notion that trustworthiness is linked to nationality is a bit silly. However, I perceive that Indonesians - broadly speaking - see British people living and working here as more honest and sympathetic and culturally respectful than Americans, for instance. I'm not talking about tourists here.
    No... this had to do with me assuming you are British because you said your nationality is British, and then you telling me you aren't British. Which I don't get, but, still, no biggie.

Truth be told I think Brits rock. I love their sense of humor and whimsical nature.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I guess I better go hide in a hole for awhile until this all blows over.
    You might want to rephrase considering what you replied to.

Bye. sumydid OUT.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 04:55
    No... this had to do with me assuming you are British because you said your nationality is British, and then you telling me you aren't British. Which I don't get, but, still, no biggie.

Truth be told I think Brits rock. I love their sense of humor and whimsical nature.
    Yeah, and the Beatles. Pretty good music.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 05:00
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Hah, we have great food...
    tea and crumpets?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 05:29
    I said I am British. What makes you think I told you that I wasn't?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 05:31
    Seriously I'll stop. I tend to (immaturely) get carried away until I piss someone off and then it's not funny anymore.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I think I made myself laugh more than anyone else.. which speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes about your lack of wit!!! 😠 No. Seriously. I'll stop. Have a good 'un and I'll go to do things I should be doing anyway.

🙂
    I don't see how there can be any offence taken from any of this.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 05:541 edit
    I went through a management development course, at much unsuccessful benefit to my employer. One session, which I believe was brilliant, drove home the message that trust is not the point in business and politics, including international politics. Do not rely on trust. Predictability is the point. I am giving you all a several thousand dollar idea, which is for good or bad, that being able to predict what the other (whether opponent or ally) will do, is paramount; relying on trust is a sign of weakness. Of course, taking steps to make the opponent's reaction predictable, is paramount to success.

I am sure that RJ, with his chess rating, knows this, once he thinks about it.

So in short it's not about trust, it's about making their actions predictable.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 06:01
    Originally posted by JS357
    I went through a management development course, at much unsuccessful benefit to my employer. One session, which I believe was brilliant, drove home the message that trust is not the point in business and politics, including international politics. Do not rely on trust. Predictability is the point. I am giving you all a several thousand dollar idea, which is fo ...[text shortened]... t to success.

I am sure that RJ, with his chess rating, knows this, once he thinks about it.
    I feel I have a lot more control in chess than I do in life. What happens in
    life is much more unpredictable than what happens on a board of 64 squares.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 06:051 edit
    I feel I have a lot more control in chess than I do in life. What happens in
    life is much more unpredictable than what happens on a board of 64 squares.
    Sorry I did an edit (slight) while you were responding. Your rating suggests you have a lot of control in chess, compared at least to me. But yes, life keeps throwing unpredictable challenges at us.
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 08:23
    Originally posted by FMF
    I said I am British. What makes you think I told you that I wasn't?
    You said your heritage is Irish and you don't live in Britain. But you said your nationality is British. I got corn-fused.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree