Can the real atheists please stand up?

Can the real atheists please stand up?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.”

(Psalm 1)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

“Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.”

(Proverbs 14:7)

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
In the same way that we know Father Christmas hasn't delivered
any presents and the Tooth Fairy hasn't collected any teeth.

Now the FSM ... that is another question altogether.
Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy are established, known fairy tales meant for children which the whole world admits to. For you to conflate those fairy tales with Christianity displays such a high level of ignorance, there's no real reason to take you seriously.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy are established, known fairy tales meant for children which the whole world admits to. For you to conflate those fairy tales with Christianity displays such a high level of ignorance, there's no real reason to take you seriously.
Agree. His posts don’t seem designed to foster discussion or debate; instead, they’re designed to provoke - something atheists routinely do when they’re out of their depth.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jun 18

In the 70’s, missionary Daniel Everett came to a Brazilian indigenous tribe to try to convert them. Instead, they “deconverted” him to atheism. He found that they were happier and more sincere than the Christians he knew.

True story.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
In the 70’s, missionary Daniel Everett came to a Brazilian indigenous tribe to try to convert them. Instead, they “deconverted” him to atheism. He found that they were happier and more sincere than the Christians he knew.

True story.
So the truth of whether God exists is determined by the behavior of small samples of people? 🙄

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

True story.
Was that before or after they ate him?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Was that before or after they ate him?
LOL

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
What questions? I just saw a lot of ignorant mocking. You expect me to take you seriously? Please.
Several questions and my mocking is not ignorant.
It is genuine mocking based on fact.

Now how does it feel not only to be unable to answer simple
questions but to lack the wherewithal to even converse?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
So the truth of whether God exists is determined by the behavior of small samples of people? 🙄
You base a whole religion on the testimony of a few people. 🙄

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Jun 18

How was that established?
Are you saying the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist?
What proof do you have?

Of course you cannot answer, your reply will be that you cannot take me seriously.
Cheap get out.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Jun 18

Evidence--even if it's just an eye witness account--is still evidence. It can be rejected, yes. But that doesn't change what it is.
An eye-witness account would be great.
That would be evidence.

You would have thought that the Romans would have documented something.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Jun 18

Originally posted by @apathist
I don't agree with that. Atheists merely lack belief, and then you can break things into all the categories you want.

AND babies are not atheist. They haven't made a decision yet. How can we say they lack belief when they haven't met the issue yet?
I have a heart shaped birthmark on my calf.

If yesterday someone asked me if apathist had a belief
in my birthmark I would have to say you lacked belief in it.

You didn't have to think about it - you didn't have to make a decision.

Babies are atheists.
Simple.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

Several questions and my mocking is not ignorant.
It is genuine mocking based on fact.

Now how does it feel not only to be unable to answer simple
questions but to lack the wherewithal to even converse?
As I said, I didn’t see any questions; just ignorant mocking. What were the questions?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jun 18

You base a whole religion on the testimony of a few people. 🙄
Based on much more than that. Do you want a link to an article that gives a 30,000-foot view of *some* of the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ? Didn’t think so.