1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    30 Nov '16 14:581 edit
    Who righteousness is it when we do good works ours, or someone else?
  2. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Nov '16 20:04
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Who righteousness is it when we do good works ours, or someone else?
    What is the connection between the topic and your first sentence?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    01 Dec '16 02:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What is the connection between the topic and your first sentence?
    My guess is obeying God's commands as found in the Bible.

    If we do then the resulting good works, ours or God's?
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    01 Dec '16 03:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Can you obey someone you have not met?
    I'd say, of course we can. But one cannot obey someone who has not communicated any demands or instructions to you, whether directly or through surrogates.
  5. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    01 Dec '16 11:121 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    My guess is obeying God's commands as found in the Bible.

    If we do then the resulting good works, ours or God's?
    Still, it makes no sense, because the two questions are not connected.
  6. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    01 Dec '16 12:031 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Who righteousness is it when we do good works ours, or someone else?
    It depends on why you to it. Motivation is everything when judging morality.
    If it rains exactly right, resulting in a good harvest, were the rains righteous? Did they do good works?
    If a disease kills someone is it unrighteous?
    No, righteousness is all about motivation.
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    01 Dec '16 12:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Who righteousness is it when we do good works ours, or someone else?
    Your rude behaviour of shunning people you don't like is all on you.
  8. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Joined
    20 Mar '06
    Moves
    45412
    01 Dec '16 12:43
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Who righteousness is it when we do good works ours, or someone else?
    Colossians 3:17
    "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
  9. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    01 Dec '16 12:57
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Colossians 3:17
    "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
    Not sure that answers the question.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86307
    01 Dec '16 13:321 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Your rude behaviour of shunning people you don't like is all on you.
    One of the three monkeys "hear no evil"
    Ostrich with head in sand
    Just childish
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    01 Dec '16 14:08
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Colossians 3:17
    "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
    Well let me ask you this, if you do a good deed but not in the name of the Lord, nor do you
    give thanks to God is that the same thing?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    01 Dec '16 23:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well let me ask you this, if you do a good deed but not in the name of the Lord, nor do you
    give thanks to God is that the same thing?
    Which son does as his father asks? The one that says yes but doesn't do it or no but later does it?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148423
    02 Dec '16 05:26
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Which son does as his father asks? The one that says yes but doesn't do it or no but later does it?
    My question is if you are not connected, if you are acknowledging does it matter what you
    do?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    02 Dec '16 08:58
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Colossians 3:17
    "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
    Quite so.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35519
    02 Dec '16 09:01
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Which son does as his father asks? The one that says yes but doesn't do it or no but later does it?
    If you weren't a newbie to this forum, you'd know that we've had this discussion about this parable many, many times already.
Back to Top