Capital Punishment Upon the Canaanites

Capital Punishment Upon the Canaanites

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Cut to the chase sonship. Why would someone be punished vengefully by a wrathful supernatural being for eternity for being a non-believer? If there's any sense in it, please say what it is.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by sonship
This lecture is on the depravity of human beings and the justified execution of the Canaanites in the Bible.

[b] Clay B Jones: Killing the Canaanites Was Justified Capital Punishment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4fv8apO3_4[/b]
Let us try an approach that may save me lots of time. 😵

Did he say anything about why the Canaanite infants deserve to die?

r

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

to FMF
It sure looks like we are in the "last days".
People choose not to accept the evidence that the flood occurred.
They think it is a fanciful story.
Disparagement and derision are forms of ridcule.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by roigam
It sure looks like we are in the "last days".
I'm not asking how old you are, and I don't need to know, but do you expect the "last days" to occur during your lifetime?

r

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

to FMF
Yes. Look at the world conditions. Wher are they leading?
That's why, especially in our day, we do well to follow what the Apostle Peter recommended:
(2 Peter 3:11) Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, consider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion,
(2 Peter 3:14) Therefore, beloved ones, since you are awaiting these things, do your utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

to FMF
Yes. Look at the world conditions. Wher are they leading?
In terms of many key indicators, the world is getting better and better: more people are living freer, healthier, longer lives, having healthier babies, gaining access to education, and much more besides, than ever before in human history.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

FMF: do you expect the "last days" to occur during your lifetime?
Yes.
Ten years? Twenty years? Twenty five years? What's you best guess?

Did your pessimistic outlook predate and find vindication in your religious beliefs, or did your religious beliefs give rise to your pessimistic outlook?

r

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

Where do you buy your rose-colored glasses?
Have you noticed the 100K's of refugees lately?
Life is improving and going down the tubes at the same time.
In our day the Earth produces more food and more people are starving.
Isn't it due to improper rulership over the people because of greed and lust for power?
The politicians and their henchmen the religious leaders are at fault wouldn't you say?

(Micah 7:4) Their best one is like thorns, Their most upright one is worse than a thorn hedge. The day of your watchmen and of your reckoning will come. Now they will panic.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Where do you buy your rose-colored glasses?
Have you noticed the 100K's of refugees lately?
In reply to the same point by me a couple of years ago, galveston75 asked me if I'd not seen a YouTube clip of a granny being robbed on a bus, and if I had, how could I possibly think the world was getting better for literally billions of people.

F

Moves
12 Sep 15

Life is improving and going down the tubes at the same time.
In our day the Earth produces more food and more people are starving.
Isn't it due to improper rulership over the people because of greed and lust for power?
The politicians and their henchmen the religious leaders are at fault wouldn't you say?.
roigam, once again, if I may ask: did your pessimistic outlook predate and find vindication in your adopted religious beliefs, or did your religious beliefs give rise to your pessimistic outlook?

D

Moves
12 Sep 15
1 edit

r

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
roigam, once again, if I may ask: did your pessimistic outlook predate and find vindication in your adopted religious beliefs, or did your religious beliefs give rise to your pessimistic outlook?
My wife and I were doing as well as we could but life kept going downhill.
It motivated us to find out why.
The answers we found are the same practical answers all can find and prove out for themselves.....
If they give it a serious chance.
I was always optimistic and thought good of all but now I know that all are not good.
I'm very hopeful for the future changes that will end an unsuccessful way of life for man and bring in a rightful rulership and its many blessings for all who want them.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
This may be one of the more horrible things you've said, but coming from a "non-Christian", I can see how you might be motivated to say it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
I don't have to try to replace the things you have in your imagination or try to trump the superstitions you propagate in order to point out the incoherence or lack of intellectual integrity that underpins some of the things you believe and that you declare to be true in a public arena. You proselytize an ideology about supernatural beings. I do not. We are not in competition.
I know it may seem to you that someone disagreeing with you can be labeled "incoherent" but thank goodness, you're not the last man left on the planet.

D

Moves
12 Sep 15
3 edits