1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 11:59
    Originally posted by @fmf
    For the purposes of this thread, what do perceive the word "wayward" as meaning in practical terms? Difficult to control or predict because of unusual or problematic behaviour.from the point of view of others, a group, or a set of rules or standards the "wayward" person is deviating from?

Or do you see it - for this thread, anyway - being more a case of fin ...[text shortened]... ficult to control oneself and to conform to one's own standards and therefore reach one's goals?
    No. More like following one's own capricious, wanton, or depraved inclinations. Being estranged from the relationship with God based on God's terms. Being lost, without hope and even in a mental state of mind reprobate to the degree that one is convinced of their own innate goodness.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '18 12:34
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    It's not just "Dive", it's about all of us.

What have I done now!?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '18 12:35
    Originally posted by @secondson
    No. More like following one's own capricious, wanton, or depraved inclinations. Being estranged from the relationship with God based on God's terms. Being lost, without hope and even in a mental state of mind reprobate to the degree that one is convinced of their own innate goodness.
    Do you see all non-Christians the same way?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 May '18 12:36
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What have I done now!?
    What haven't you done?

😛
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:19
    Do you see all non-Christians the same way?
    Always redirecting. Just can't stay within context can you?

I think you short circuited.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:46
    Always redirecting. Just can't stay within context can you?

I think you short circuited.
    No. I think you just blurt things out and then get kind of cross [or flustered?] when people call you on it.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:49
    No. I think you just blurt things out and then get kind of cross [or flustered?] when people call you on it.
    What percentage of your posts do you think are substantive and what percent do you think are trolling garbage?
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:56
    I think you have a superiority complex that drives you to continuously judge others motives.

You appear to be incapable of staying on topic and in context.

You should follow apathist's link in his new thread and learn some critical thinking skills and apply some common sense to your posting habits.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:101 edit
    I think you have a superiority complex that drives you to continuously judge others motives.

You appear to be incapable of staying on topic and in context.

You should follow apathist's link in his new thread and learn some critical thinking skills and apply some common sense to your posting habits.
    I have been applying some critical thinking skills to what you said on page 1 about your "affection" for things like the song in the OP, along with other "things on the earth", being "precluded" by your "right spirituality". It seems to have made you uncomfortable.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:20
    I have been applying some critical thinking skills to what you said on page 1 about your "affection" for things like the song in the OP, along with other "things on the earth", being "precluded" by your "right spirituality". It seems to have made you uncomfortable.
    You like to think it has made me uncomfortable.

The particular critical thinking skills you like to think you have are used to avoid the context and assert your own preconceived biases against ideas you don't share.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:24
    You like to think it has made me uncomfortable.

The particular critical thinking skills you like to think you have are used to avoid the context and assert your own preconceived biases against ideas you don't share.
    I am talking about what you said on page 1 of this thread. The "context" is the OP and your reply to it.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:29
    I am talking about what you said on page 1 of this thread. The "context" is the OP and your reply to it.
    So what's your problem with what I said?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:37
    So what's your problem with what I said?
    It's there in my posts addressed to you ~ the ones you that have had you wriggling and deflecting for 4 pages.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:50
    It's there in my posts addressed to you ~ the ones you that have had you wriggling and deflecting for 4 pages.
    So you think your posts make me uncomfortable?

You're blurting.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '18 22:54
    So you think your posts make me uncomfortable?
    Judging by the way you have been behaving, yes. I think what you said on page 1 was an ill-considered sanctimonious blurt. I think you've been firmly on a rather prideful back foot ever since.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree