Catholicism is heretical

Catholicism is heretical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @vivify
You attacked me on the debate forum for saying Catholics don't follow the bible. The point is, you're wrong in thinking otherwise. Catholics pretty much worship her and have turned her into a near-deity, contradicting Bible scriptures like (all have sinned) in order to do so.

The Catholic Church even states that their own Catechism outranks the bible.

But I'll agree this whole thing is silly, and end with that as well.
Why did you single out Catholics?

There is a strong implication in your posts that some particular branch of Protestantism really DOES follow the Bible. But you won't come out and say it.

S. Korea

Moves
02 Apr 18

Originally posted by @athousandyoung
I'm an atheist from a Catholic ancestry.
Aw, yet you maintain some sympathy with the Catholic position.

I see.

Feel free to do so. Obviously, if something is misunderstood, it is misunderstood. But I am rather sympathetic with the Catholic position and never throw them under the bus. Perhaps "schismatic" was too strong of a word to use but it accurately describes my view of them.

rain

Moves
02 Apr 18

Originally posted by @athousandyoung
Why did you single out Catholics?

There is a strong implication in your posts that some particular branch of Protestantism really DOES follow the Bible. But you won't come out and say it.
I told you on that thread in Debates that I was simply naming a branch of Christianity that doesn't follow the Bible. I even told you that I could've said Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons. I wasn't singling out Catholics; they were just who I happened to name.

S. Korea

Moves
02 Apr 18

Originally posted by @vivify
I told you on that thread in Debates that I was simply naming a branch of Christianity that doesn't follow the Bible. I even told you that I could've said Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons. I wasn't singling out Catholics; they were just who I happened to name.
Wait... So Catholics are an arbitrary target here?

What is your real agenda?

You just want to enumerate the various "heretical" branches of Christendom?