1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 16:48
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Maybe you're just shutting your eyes to reality to accomodate a simplistic ideology.
    LOL. Hey Pot, have you met Mr. Kettle?

D
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 16:49
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Happily, then, heterosexual intercourse may not even be the main vector for HIV transmission:

Potterat, J.J., Brewer, D.D., Muth, S.Q., & Brody, S. (2007). Converging evidence suggests nonsexual HIV transmission among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of Adolescent Health, 40, 290-293.

Brewer, D. D., Gisselquist, D., Brody, S., & Potterat ...[text shortened]... transmission in Ugandan children. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 45, 253-254.
    So because intercourse may be the second method that AIDS is being transmitted, the Catholic Church are the "most successful" in helping the fight against AIDS by teaching non-use of condoms?

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 17:01
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Under the rules of Magdalene asylums, non-consecrated residents were free to leave when they wished it. Do you have substantiation for your "could never leave unless a family member signed them out" claim? If you look at the Wikipedia Talk page you will see that such claims have been removed because they cannot be substantiated.
    Under the rules of the Catholic Church, abuse of children isn't allowed. But it happens, right?

I take the word of the victims of Magdelene Asylums above the word of those covering up the use of mentally and physically abused slaves for their own profit. Many documentaries have been released including "Sex in a Cold" which include victims stories, and the conditions of their "internment"

Why you always end up supporting the molester and the abuser over the victim is interesting to observe. It's amazing what strong faith enables one to overlook.

D
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 18:56
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    So because intercourse may be the second method that AIDS is being transmitted, the Catholic Church are the "most successful" in helping the fight against AIDS by teaching non-use of condoms?

D
    No, that is not the claim I am indirectly making.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 19:15
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    No, that is not the claim I am indirectly making.
    I'm afraid I've missed your point then. Specifically, what part of my post were you referring to when you quoted the studies?

D
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 19:39
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I'm afraid I've missed your point then. Specifically, what part of my post were you referring to when you quoted the studies?

D
    My point is that, if the Catholic Church is recommending sexual abstinence as a means of combating HIV transmission via heterosexual intercourse, when sexual abstinence is inferior to wearing latex as means of preventing STDs generally, then it is just as well if the transmission of HIV through heterosexual intercourse may be a secondary mode of transmission.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree