1. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 18:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    I think any typical reasonable human being would observe a chimp or primate an notice that they share a similarity in appearance mankind. The question is - Why is this ?

The visible kinship is apparent. [b]Why
    is this ? [/b]
    The kinship is apparent for one reason only, because we are kin. And it goes a lot deeper than visible kinship it goes right down into the DNA and even into parts of DNA that have no effect whatsoever on visible appearance.
    The fact is the evidence fits the scientific explanation of actual kinship, but does not fit well with your explanation.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 18:212 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I think any typical reasonable human being would observe a chimp or primate an notice that they share a similarity in appearance mankind. The question is - Why is this ?

Because we all stem from the same branch on the evolutionary family tree.[/b]
    If there is a "tree" like classification structure to be described, it may not be an "evolutionary tree" though there is some "branching" relationship.

Do you think something else could account for a "tree" like relationship of classification of animals besides relationships of descent ? Did you ever think something else besides relationships of descent could account for such an outline ?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 18:281 edit
    If there is a "tree" like classification structure to be described, it may not be an "evolutionary tree" though there is some "branching" relationship.

Do you think something else could account for a "tree" like relationship of classification of animals besides relationships of descent ? Did you ever think something else besides relationships of descent could account for such an outline ?
    The answer to your two questions are yes and yes.

Now if there is no 'evolutionary tree', show me the evidence for your alternative hypothesis. And please, no YouTube links.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 18:402 edits

Now if there is no 'evolutionary tree', show me the evidence for your alternative hypothesis. And please, no YouTube links.
    I am satisfied just to hear you recognize something else could possibly be responsible for how a classification scheme appears.

And I think questioning that doesn't demand that an alternative explanation be proposed immediately upon questioning that.

Of course it is hard to discover the "roots" of this tree structure.
    Someone has to wonder what the origin "roots" of this scheme look like.

And it has also been complained that the structure more resembles a series of low lying hedges rather than a grand single tall "tree".
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 19:08
    I am satisfied just to hear you recognize something else could possibly be responsible for how a classification scheme appears.

And I think questioning that doesn't demand that an alternative explanation be proposed immediately upon questioning that.

Of course it is hard to discover the "roots" of this tree structure.
    Someone has to wonder w ...[text shortened]... cture more resembles a series of low lying hedges rather than a grand single tall "tree".
    I have to make the distinction between what is possible and what is probable here. It could be possible that something else could be responsible for how a classification scheme appears. Is it probable? I would say no. The evidence is far too substantial in my view.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '13 21:10

There was a tree of life in the Garden of Eden. However, our ancestors did not eat of it. Instead, they decided to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is why we are in the fix that we are in. Many men have decided to make an evil-lution god of their own choosing to replace the true God of creation.

The Instructor
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There was a tree of life in the Garden of Eden. However, our ancestors did not eat of it. Instead, they decided to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That is why we are in the fix that we are in. Many men have decided to make an evil-lution god of their own choosing to replace the true God of creation.

The Instructor
    You can rationalize that all you want, apologist for creationism but that doesn't alter the fact, jack, that evolution is real and there is ZERO credible evidence to the contrary. All you have are disgruntled so-called scientists who, even though they might have Phd's, are not real scientists because they start out with a clearly defined agenda. That is not science. Let me repeat. THAT IS NOT SCIENCE. That is warping the data, rewriting with false information in such a way as to try to convince weak minds of the political ends of the creationist crowd, which is forcing creationism to be taught as if it were a science and then further to want to become the national censors of science. Being like #30 on the world education list for the USA is not good enough. They want to strive to get us in last place, nothing else matters but the blind acceptance of christian dogma.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 12:12
    To add to Proper Knob's comments, you asked if a tree-like structure could have alternative explanations, you did not ask if all the evidence for common ancestry that we have, of which the tree like structure of classification systems is only a part, could possibly have alternative explanations. If you had asked the latter, I think the answer would still be yes, but the only reasonable alternative explanation would be that it was specifically made to look like common ancestry was responsible. There is just so much evidence that chance similarity would not be possible.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 12:39
    He has already said that it is a false religion and a religion of animal killers.

The Instructor
    Really??? You do realize that your Jesus was one of us, a Jew, right to his death. I do know enough about Christianity to know that your icon, Jesus, would not be pleased with the hateful crap you sling in this forum.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 12:41
    God did it not to confuse YOU, but because He was in a hurry. Remember it was the 6th day of creation already and the Sabbath was hurriedly approaching.

The Instructor
    Whaaat? I thought your god was perfect, omnicient and omnipotent. i would think this statement, even if stated tongue in cheek would be way too cheeky and send you straight to Haides.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 21:00
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Really??? You do realize that your Jesus was one of us, a Jew, right to his death. I do know enough about Christianity to know that your icon, Jesus, would not be pleased with the hateful crap you sling in this forum.
    I'm sorry. He said that about Christianity. I forgot that Judaism is nothing like Christianity.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 21:04
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Whaaat? I thought your god was perfect, omnicient and omnipotent. i would think this statement, even if stated tongue in cheek would be way too cheeky and send you straight to Haides.
    Well, my Lord and Savior has a sense of humor and He loves me and will forgive me for my shortcomings, because I believe in and put my faith in Him.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 23:32
    Well, my Lord and Savior has a sense of humor and He loves me and will forgive me for my shortcomings, because I believe in and put my faith in Him.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    You mean it has a sense of humor because it allegedly made us? So it had a good laugh at all that.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 14:32

The Instructor
    do you agree that the hinds family forms a genetic tree and that your family genetics can be traced through the generations?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 18:25
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you agree that the hinds family forms a genetic tree and that your family genetics can be traced through the generations?
    I don't know. All I know is that it has not been done yet.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree