Certainly not a simple doctrine.

Certainly not a simple doctrine.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Appreciate the honestly and openness. I think you may be positively surprised that despite the generally combative landscape of this forum, genuine enquiry is met with genuine response.

Most of us are here to argue about stuff with other people who like to argue about stuff, but don't let that put you off.
Lol, well.....I understand that seeking answers to the universe on a chess site may not be the best course of action, but....I am already here to play chess, stumbled upon these forums, and decided to throw myself into it. Besides, maybe I will come away from this with better clarity than when I started. God does work in mysterious ways....does He not?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by chaney3
Yes, the God I believe in is the Biblical OT God. As far as the title "Christian", I am not even sure anymore what would 'classify' a person as Christian. Do you need to believe that Jesus is God to be a Christian??

Hey....keep in mind....this is NOT easy for me. I feel completely lost sometimes with my faith.....and I'm not looking for fights with a ...[text shortened]... ertain level of confusion and frustration attached to them.....but, that's where I am right now.
Classification is of no value. Christ knows who his people are and its not necessarily Christians.

c

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Classification is of no value. Christ knows who his people are and its not necessarily Christians.
Well, let's just say that I am interested in being one of 'Christ's people'.......what exactly are the requirements?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 May 15
2 edits

...God does work in mysterious ways....does He not?
So it is said, but I doubt you will find a scripture for it because it is not in the Bible.

Most people here will not change there views because of what they read here, not atheist nor theists. This is not the place to find "truth". However there are many well meaning people here, both atheists and theists. This forum is like the Houses of Parliament, the Commons, people shouting at each other from the benches, entrenched in the party (albeit like myself a party of one), and determined to catch the other party out.

It's a little pathetic, but pretty much sums it up.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 May 15

Well, let's just say that I am interested in being one of 'Christ's people'.......what exactly are the requirements?
First, you need to be alive.....

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
First, you need to be alive.....
Well, that counts me out.

😞

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, [b]Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He s ...[text shortened]... to six times each week. One at present is Bill Wenstrom. Whom may I ask is your pastor-teacher?[/b]
Christ and God are one. Very true. But in what sense. You, neither your pastors or teachers can interpret as you wish and hope to be correct. The Bible interprets itself if you just allow it to do so.

Here is Christ asking God to make his disciples one, just as he and God are one. Isnt that funny? Are the disciples one also in the way you described?

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 15

Christ said:

John 6:63 .. the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
John 8:31 .. If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed ..
John 10:27-28 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

The words of Christ are his commandments - they are the spirit of Christ and they represent life eternal. The voice of Christ are his commandments and follwing these makes you one of Christ's disciples and one of those who will get eternal life.

How about starting another thread if you want to continue with this discussion as it is kinda offtopic.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 15

Appreciate the honestly and openness. I think you may be positively surprised that despite the generally combative landscape of this forum, genuine enquiry is met with genuine response.

Most of us are here to argue about stuff with other people who like to argue about stuff, but don't let that put you off.
"Most of us are here to argue about stuff with other people who like to argue about stuff, but don't let that put you off."

Any and all contributors to this online spirituality forum whose motivation is to "argue about stuff with other people who like to argue about stuff" instead of engaging in "debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after" topics and issues is at best an interloper and at worst a distractive presence serving his or her own agenda rather than the cause of Christ.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 15

God's "requirements": "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved and your household [if they also believe]." (Acts 16:31)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 15

Christ and God are one. Very true. But in what sense. You, neither your pastors or teachers can interpret as you wish and hope to be correct. The Bible interprets itself if you just allow it to do so.

Here is Christ asking God to make his disciples one, just as he and God are one. Isnt that funny? Are the disciples one also in the way you described?

...[text shortened]... And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
"15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.” (John 21:15-17 KJV) Note: These three words are among the last Christ spoke to His disciples; and establish His number one priority for all pastor-teachers.

Sheep are unable to find water or food by themselves; this graphic metaphor emphasizes the necessity for all believers in Christ to expose themselves systematically to the accurate teaching of the Word of God in order to grow in grace and in doing so glorify God.."

Jesus Christ taught men and women during the three year ministry of His First Advent; subsequently He has delegated this responsibility as "His number one priority for all pastor-teachers." because "Sheep are unable to find water or food by themselves."

Doctrine of the Trinity is unique to Christianity. Seeming paradox? Not quite. Three gods in one? No. God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit exist [and have always existed] as three separate and distinct persons who are coequal and coeternal, all possessing the same essential nature and divine attributes. "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30) God is one in essence but in three persons.

Since my twenties I've been taught the promises, doctrinal rationales and application principles revealed in the sixty six books in the Word of God by six different pastor-teachers all of whom taught faithfully from the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek [verse by verse, line upon line, precept upon precept] four to six times each week. One at present is Bill Wenstrom. Whom may I ask is your pastor-teacher?" (Page 7)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 May 15

[b]Classification is of no value. Christ knows who his people are and its not necessarily Christians.

If they're not "Christians" who in world are they?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 15

If they're not "Christians" who in world are they?
Who? Maybe you should stop relying on fallible men to provide you with food. There is enough in the Bible for even the slowest to understand and believe:

Then Peter said ... God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. (Acts 10:34-35 KJV)

Did you read that or is it too simple to believe.

GOD ACCEPTS ALL THOSE WHO WORK RIGHTEOUSNESS AND FEARS HIM.

Nothing to do with Christianity.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 May 15

"Most of us are here to argue about stuff with other people who like to argue about stuff, but don't let that put you off."

Any and all contributors to this online spirituality forum whose motivation is to "argue about stuff with other people who like to argue about stuff" instead of engaging in [i]"de ...[text shortened]... d at worst a distractive presence serving his or her own agenda rather than the cause of Christ.
Do you think you are "serving the cause of Christ" with your posting here?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 May 15
1 edit

Read up on Nicodemus. Spiritual regeneration beings with spiritual rebirth, hence the much abused and often misunderstood term "born again".

Read up on Romans 10 (I think it is). If you believe with your inmost being ('heart' is such a cliche), AND confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, you will be saved. Note the inspired (given) ability to believe AND followed by doing. Lord is reference to Jehovah. Jesus said, unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins. Claiming to be the incarnation of Jehovah is why they killed him.