1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 20:00
    Originally posted by humy
    There is no evidence for “fine-tuning” ( of the universe )
    http://biologos.org/questions/fine-tuning
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '12 20:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As engineers, we just use our knowledge of the laws of physics in our design and creation of things.
    What do you mean WE, white man?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What do you mean WE, white man?
    I had an idea you might say something about that but I decided to leave it that way. I understand not everyone is an engineer, not even myself. However. I learned my Physics studying to be one and I started writing from that point of view. By WE I meant mankind benefits from this knowledge in designing and creating, even if we are not the ones actually doing it. I was not trying to offend you because of your race or anything like that.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '12 00:14
    I had an idea you might say something about that but I decided to leave it that way. I understand not everyone is an engineer, not even myself. However. I learned my Physics studying to be one and I started writing from that point of view. By WE I meant mankind benefits from this knowledge in designing and creating, even if we are not the ones actually doing it. I was not trying to offend you because of your race or anything like that.
    I guess it's hard to see when someone is joking.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '12 00:35
    I guess it's hard to see when someone is joking.
    Unless there is a laughing happy face.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '12 01:19
    Unless there is a laughing happy face.
    So in your world, if there is no happy face, it's serious? What did you do when presented with statements before there was such a thing as the happy face? Must have been tough trying to figure out what people meant.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '12 02:28
    So in your world, if there is no happy face, it's serious? What did you do when presented with statements before there was such a thing as the happy face? Must have been tough trying to figure out what people meant.
    There have always been some type of happy face since I have been chatting. But some jokes are easier to recognize than others and don't need any. But here, I have no idea what race you are and if I happen to say something that might be offensive in a racial way.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    14 May '12 02:401 edit
    The Miracle of Human Creation pt1

The Atheists can thank mud.
    I choose to cheerfully thank God.

YouTube&feature=related

(I know it was produced by Moslems)
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 May '12 08:05
    Originally posted by boonon
    I was listening to a Mathematician the other day and they said that it is generally accepted that anything with a probability of more than 10 to the 12th power is considered mathematically impossible to occur. Is this true?

put some numbers in a hat ... lets say 10 to the 13th.

pick one at random

you see where I'm going????????????????????
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 May '12 08:121 edit
    God's laws dealing with gravity, motion, energy (Thermodynamics), electical and electronics to name a few.
    The Book of Electical .... mmmm is that OT or NT?
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 May '12 08:16
    God's laws dealing with gravity, motion, energy (Thermodynamics), electical and electronics to name a few.
    really? Errr, no. It is the laws of physics that 'deals' with those things.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '12 08:222 edits
    really? Errr, no. It is the laws of physics that 'deals' with those things.
    Can you think of a single mandate, dictate, law or edict that never had a law maker, no
    neither can I, your position is therefore both illogical and irrational! All laws require an
    intelligence!
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 May '12 08:404 edits
    http://biologos.org/questions/fine-tuning
    that is just stupid religious propaganda that uses the common fallacy that you can say something about the probability of the value of a physical constant being what it is in the absence of any rational insight of what are the possible range of values it could have been if it didn't have that value and in the absence of any rational insight of if it is even possible for it to have a different value from what it has in the present.

To work out the 'probability' of that the value of a physical constant could have been different in the present from what it is you first need evidence that the physical constant could have been different from what it is in the present -so what evidence do we have that a physical constant could have ended up with a different value from what it actually has in the present? Answer, NONE!
    So how do we know that the physical constants are not inevitably what they are i.e. could have been different? -answer, we don't. So, for all we know, the probability of the physical constants being what they are in the present is 100% and you have no evidence to contradict that.

In short, my assertion still stands unchallenged by reason or evidence:

There is no evidence for “fine-tuning” of the universe
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 May '12 08:486 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Can you think of a single mandate, dictate, law or edict that never had a law maker, no
    neither can I, your position is therefore both illogical and irrational! All laws require an
    intelligence!
    Can you think of a single mandate, dictate, law or edict that never had a law maker

the laws of physics.

All laws require an
    intelligence!

does the boolean law that you cannot have both p and ~p require an intelligence? Answer, no.
    An intelligence will be needed to comprehend it but the fact remains that no intelligence is needed to 'create' that law for p and ~p is a contradiction.
    So why shouldn't the laws of physics also require no intelligence to be 'created' ?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '12 08:55
    Can you think of a single mandate, dictate, law or edict that never had a law maker

the laws of physics.

All laws require an
    intelligence!

does the boolean law that you cannot have both p and ~p require an intelligence? Answer, no.
    An intelligence will be needed to comprehend it but the fact remains that no intell ...[text shortened]... a contradiction.
    So why would the laws of physics require an intelligence to be 'created' ?
    did i say both irrational and illogical, yes i said it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree