Chimpanzees Laughing

Chimpanzees Laughing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by black beetle
I mean that the "Greater Mind" you mentioned earlier, it has nothing to do with YinYang; and I pointed to the moon, not to my finger😵
yep

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
It's like an integer is either negative, or positive. You cannot find an number being negative and positive at the same time. (Zero is neither.) The both classes of integers are in separate domains, like religion and science. Treating positive numbers as they would be negative, or vice versa, doesn't give good results.

To be religious, I define, is to ...[text shortened]... need for any supernatural being.

Therefore Religion and Science don't need to be mixed.
What are "supernatural phenomena"? If they are phenomena, then they can be observed/measured/etc.

AH

Moves
09 Jul 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
There will come a time when we will have to leave our rational little minds behind. Until then we can debate the pros and cons til the cows come home🙂
(I must admit I do get nervous when I see your name on the last post. You are so hard to answer.Thank you AH)
…There will come a time when we will have to leave our rational little minds behind.

Come off it -we won’t ALL get Alzheimer's.

d

Moves
09 Jul 09

Just because somebody has Alzheimer's doesn't mean they are irrational.

g

Pepperland

Moves
10 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by daniel58
would you put your life in the hands of someone with alzheimer's?

d

Moves
10 Jul 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
would you put your life in the hands of someone with alzheimer's?
No but I wouldn't call them irrational either.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
10 Jul 09

No but I wouldn't call them irrational either.
then clearly you know nothing about the disease.

AH

Moves
10 Jul 09
2 edits

I was joking (although, surely, at least in the horrific final stages of this cruel and horrific disease, they would loose all rationality!)

And I didn’t understand what karoly aczel meant by:

“There will come a time when we will have to leave our rational little minds behind”

-what time would that be? Death? -if so, as far as I am aware, it isn’t even the main-stream Christian view that we would loose all our rationality in the 'afterlife'! -right?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 09

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
I was joking (although, surely, at least in the horrific final stages of this cruel and horrific disease, they would loose all rationality!)

And I didn’t understand what karoly aczel meant by:

“There will come a time when we will have to leave our rational little minds behind”

-what time would that be? Death? -if so, as far as I am aware, ...[text shortened]... main-stream Christian view that we would loose all our rationality in the 'afterlife'! -right?
Thats right andrew. Death. Or enlightenment, which ever comes first.
As bleak as these two options may appear I suggest they are the only two things to really look forward to in 'life'.

Moves
11 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
Obviously, the topic should be in the Science forum but seeing as it will degrade into creationists and realists bashing each other, I thought I would post it here instead. In that respect I suppose I am really just being a troll 😛!

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/06/04/chimps-apes-laugh.html

An analysis of the laughter, presented in the latest hat lends further weight to the already mountainous amount of evidence for it.

--- Penguin.
I have a Moluccan cockatoo that laughs. He understands laughter and the label it represents. Where is he in your information? Where is a dolphin? Do they laugh and can they understand laughter?

Rhetorical question, dude.

AH

Moves
11 Jul 09

Thats right andrew. Death. Or enlightenment, which ever comes first.
As bleak as these two options may appear I suggest they are the only two things to really look forward to in 'life'.
…Thats right andrew. Death. Or enlightenment,
….

Let me get this straight -to loose our ability to reason would result in ‘enlightenment’? -isn’t that a contradiction? This is what you seem to be implying to me by suggesting that we could achieve ‘enlightenment’ on “the day we leave our RATIONAL minds behind”.

…As bleak as these two options may appear I suggest they are the only two things to really look forward to in 'life'.

How on earth can losing my rational mind be something to “look forward to“?
-if I cease to be able to reason and have lost my mind then I have lost everything (and then to say I would then have an afterlife would be a contradiction in terms because it wouldn’t be an afterLIFE because I would have no mind and no ability to reason!).

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 09
1 edit

[b]…Thats right andrew. Death. Or enlightenment,
….

Let me get this straight -to loose our ability to reason would result in ‘enlightenment’? -isn’t that a contradiction? This is what you seem to be implying to me by suggesting that we could achieve ‘enlightenment’ on “the day we leave our RATIONAL minds behind”.

…As bleak as these two because it wouldn’t be an afterLIFE because I would have no mind and no ability to reason!).
bah!!😛
i was just posting a bit of doggerel.
If you cant get into the spirit of my posts ..well..Bah!!

Yes I suppose there was another contradiction in there. But I dont think so!

dont worry man , nothing 'bad' will happen . All this will be overseen by the cosmic overseers. They will help you adjust.

I may 'come down a bit' later so I may have another reply if this one is not satisfactory...so check back later!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 09

[b]…Thats right andrew. Death. Or enlightenment,
….

…As bleak as these two ...[text shortened]... because it wouldn’t be an afterLIFE because I would have no mind and no ability to reason!).
anyway I din't say 'ability to reason' I said ' our rational little minds'.

AH

Moves
12 Jul 09

anyway I din't say 'ability to reason' I said ' our rational little minds'.
Now I am not sure if I have understood you;
how can we loose our rationality AND cease to have our minds AND STILL maintain our ability to ‘reason’ despite this!?

d

Moves
12 Jul 09

Now I am not sure if I have understood you;
how can we loose our rationality AND cease to have our minds AND STILL maintain our ability to ‘reason’ despite this!?
You have to have reason to be rational but not always the other way around, and who said anything about ceasing to have your minds?