1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:36
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am just sharing my opinion, much in the same way as you have.
    I’m not pretending to speak for other people. If sonship’s posts turn you off, why read them? Why insinuate other people, who are not atheists, feel the way you do?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:36
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Well, how’s that make you feel? Proud of yourself?
    I feel that it's sheer nonsense, even more so as a result of him saying it out loud in the face of dissent that he was irritated by. The idea that your god figure might be going to burn "hundreds" of chess players from this website in "Hell" as a result of reading my posts on this message board seems to me to make a mockery of your religion.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:371 edit
    I’m not pretending to speak for other people. If sonship’s posts turn you off, why read them? Why insinuate other people, who are not atheists, feel the way you do?
    None of what you are saying answers the question that I have put to sonship.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:38
    Well if 65 percent of people at a clearing in the woods warned people not to walk across a wooden bridge over a ravine because it was in danger of collapsing, and 35 percent told them not to worry about it, that the bridge was in fine condition, would you think the 35 percent were responsible or irresponsible?
    This does not address the question that sonship has been posed with.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:392 edits
    Well, how’s that make you feel? Proud of yourself?
    Romans1009, ever so often a couple of posters will bring up some past posts during discussions.

The archives go back pretty far. I'm not sure how far.
    In my case anything complained about that was written by me sonship / jaywill I would suggest if and when you research it, you examine the exchanges which LED UP to the offending post.

And that is all I would suggest.
    "What was said to give rise to me writing something. In some cases what provocation led up to the words?"

This is rarely discussed by posters claiming " He once said this. He once said that. He once said the other."

You know what I mean. You can't assume that I just came out of the blue and wrote something without some, quite often, preliminary provocation. Of course the offended party hardly ever re-calls it that way.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:40
    I feel that it's sheer nonsense, even more so as a result of him saying it out loud in the face of dissent that he was irritated by. The idea that your god figure might be going to burn "hundreds" of chess players from this website in "Hell" as a result of reading my posts on this message board seems to me to make a mockery of your religion.
    But if you think it’s nonsense, why waste your time with it? That’s what I don’t get. On the one hand, you say it’s nonsense; on the other hand, you spend an inordinate amount of time on it.

🙄
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:41
    None of what you are saying answers the question that I have put to sonship.
    Afraid to broaden the discussion?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:42
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You can't assume that I just came out of the blue and wrote something without some quite often preliminary provocation.
    What "provocation", for example, might have justified you claiming that "hundreds" of RHP members might face "Hell" due to reading my posts?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:43
    This does not address the question that sonship has been posed with.
    You’re getting lazy now that the campaign for Head Troll is almost over.

You won’t answer that question about the bridge because you’re too lazy to think of a rebuttal.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:44
    What "provocation", for example, might have justified you claiming that "hundreds" of RHP members might face "Hell" due to reading my posts?
    People who read your posts aren’t facing hell, they’re experiencing it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:45
    But if you think it’s nonsense, why waste your time with it? That’s what I don’t get. On the one hand, you say it’s nonsense; on the other hand, you spend an inordinate amount of time on it.
    You not getting it is fine by me.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:46
    People who read your posts aren’t facing hell, they’re experiencing it.
    That wasn't what sonship said. He was talking about people actually going to "Hell" as a result of being exposed to my non-Christian ideas.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:47
    You’re getting lazy now that the campaign for Head Troll is almost over.

You won’t answer that question about the bridge because you’re too lazy to think of a rebuttal.
    Start a thread about a question about a bridge if you want. It does not address what I have put to sonship.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:51
    Start a thread about a question about a bridge if you want. It does not address what I have put to sonship.
    My personal opinion is your posts aren’t convincing enough to turn someone away from Christianity who wasn’t already predisposed to feel that way.

So in that sense, you may have reinforced their decision but I wouldn’t say you were the cause of it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:55
    You not getting it is fine by me.
    You don’t see a contradiction between thinking something is a waste of time and spending hours every day discussing it?

🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree