1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 03:551 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    God needs your mouth to faithfully and truthfully preach the Gospel preached by his Son Jesus Christ. Therefore God does not care for your preaching.
    God needs/wants you to have your own voice
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 05:56
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Spirituality
    Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:08
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    So you’re the arbiter of whether sonship is helping to lead people to Christ?
    I have not claimed to be the "arbiter" of anything. I am asking sonship a question about whether he has considered the possibility that his persona is counterproductive.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:15
    I have not claimed to be the "arbiter" of anything. I am asking sonship a question about whether he has considered the possibility that his persona is counterproductive.
    And you didn’t quote my entire post because I addressed that very point.

At least sonship’s posts have a purpose to them. What is the purpose of your posts, besides exercising your fingers and pool whizzing?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:181 edit
    If sonship leads even a single person to Christ, or even to begin an investigation into whether Christianity is true, he’s done a tremendous service.
    sonship once suggested that I may have caused "hundreds" of members of the RHP community to face 'eternal torment' as a result of them reading my non-Christian posts.

This would suggest that he seriously believes that the 'eternal destination' of readers here may be affected by what is written by members of the community.

If he "leads even a single person to Christ" then that is one thing ~ but I am asking him if he has ever thought about the possibility that the opposite is happening.

If my behaviour - according to sonship - might have caused hundreds of people here to face being burned in "Hell", isn't it possible that his own behaviour might have caused people to face the same thing if it has repelled them?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:19
    At least sonship’s posts have a purpose to them. What is the purpose of your posts, besides exercising your fingers and pool whizzing?
    Like sonship just quoted: Spirituality ~ Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:20
    sonship once suggested that I may have caused "hundreds" of members of the RHP community to face 'eternal torment' as a result of them reading my non-Christian posts.

This would suggest that he seriously believes that the 'eternal destination' of readers here may be affected by what is written by members of the community.

If he "leads even a single pers ...[text shortened]... hat his own behaviour might have caused people to face the same thing if it has repelled people?
    Like I said, I already addressed that point.

And it certainly seems like you’re pretending to be an arbiter whether you admit or not.

Either that or you’re emptying your bladder in the pool again.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:21
    Like sonship just quoted: Spirituality ~ Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.
    Right, but nowhere in that description does it say trolling or pool whizzing.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:24

If he "leads even a single pers ...[text shortened]... that his own behaviour might have caused people to face the same thing if it has repelled them?
    <sonship once suggested that I may have caused "hundreds" of members of the RHP community to face 'eternal torment' as a result of them reading my non-Christian posts.>

You probably misunderstood him. He probably said reading your posts is eternal torment.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:25
    And it certainly seems like you’re pretending to be an arbiter whether you admit or not.
    Both you and I are obviously entitled to our opinions. The fact that you have expressed yours does not make you "an arbiter".
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:26
    You probably misunderstood him.
    No. He said it as plain as day. Explicitly. "Hundreds" of people on this web site.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:28
    Both you and I are obviously entitled to our opinions. The fact that you have expressed yours does not make you "an arbiter".
    I’m not insinuating that I’m speaking for other people when I have no idea what those people think. That’d be what you’re doing
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:30
    No. He said it as plain as day. Explicitly. "Hundreds" of people on this web site.
    Well, how’s that make you feel? Proud of yourself?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:34
    I’m not insinuating that I’m speaking for other people when I have no idea what those people think. That’d be what you’re doing
    I am just sharing my opinion, much in the same way as you have.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 06:34

If he "leads even a single pers ...[text shortened]... that his own behaviour might have caused people to face the same thing if it has repelled them?
    Well if 65 percent of people at a clearing in the woods warned people not to walk across a wooden bridge over a ravine because it was in danger of collapsing, and 35 percent told them not to worry about it, that the bridge was in fine condition, would you think the 35 percent were responsible or irresponsible?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree