1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:03
    "Let's use the terminology of physics so it sounds serious".

Oh, dear.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:071 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes we have, but it appears you do not know very much about them. You seem to be using 'singularity' metaphorically to mean 'explosion' whereas in science it refers to a point in space time where the known laws of physics do not apply. The singularity related to the Big Bang is not an explosion but rather the point in time or very short time before the b
    Metaphor is nice, but when you get it wrong you are likely only to confuse your audience.
    ===================================
    . The singularity related to the Big Bang is not an explosion but rather the point in time or very short time before the big bang. Because it is a singularity we know nothing much about it (because the known laws don't apply). The Big bang also is not so much an explosion as a dramatic expansion of space-time.

I have many times heard the word "explosion" in relation to the old creation big Bang.

And like that singularity in the resurrected Christ was embodied and "compressed" all the positive things needed for the accomplishment of God's eternal purpose. Now we have to see how I know this.

All the riches of salvation were "compressed" in Jesus because of what He said here:

"I have come to cast fire on the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled!

But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how I am PRESSED until it is accomplished. "(Luke 23:49,50 my emphasis)

Jesus Christ said here He was anxious to stir things up, as it were. He was eager to cast fire on the earth. That is to really stir things up for God.

He said He was "pressed" until He could accomplish this. That means He was compressed and held in tightly from every side. He was looking to be released from this compression, this being "pressed". But He could not until He underwent His baptism.

This baptism must be the physical death and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus Christ was constrained in His flesh, which He put upon Himself in incarnation. He needed to undergo physical death, to be baptized. In this terrible baptism His unlimited and infinite divine being with His divine life, after being released through His physical death, became the impulse of His believers' spiritual life in resurrection.

Jesus longed that this unlimited divinity and eternal lite would bust forth from Him to "cast fire on the earth", stir things up, and be the impulse within His believers.

So I say Christ under went His "baptism" of a redemptive death and victorious resurrection. He exploded. He began to expand. He first expanded into His 11 disciples. Then He exploded into more disciples. He exploded into Paul and the Christians who came for from both the Jews and Gentiles.

He is still expanding and exploding in the hearts of men until this day. And He is also expanding in their minds, their emotions, their wills. Eventually Christ will expand out even into their bodies.

Isn't this a wondferful Singularity, the resurrected Seed of eternal life ?!
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:262 edits
    Originally posted by Palynka

Oh, dear.
    ===========================

Oh, dear.
    ============================

The serious part is about Jesus because without Jesus in death and resurrection, the universe is empty and hollow in meaning.

People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain. If you don't believe me ask some of these critical skeptical unbelievers to tell you why they are alive and why they are here in the universe.

Most of them do not have any idea. They even get irritated being asked the question. You get answers like "Why does there have to be a meaning anyway?"

Others will say "I am here because my mother and father had sex. That's it."

But if you receive the resurrected Christ the unseparable love of God immediately makes your being alive so meaningful for you are loved with an everlasting love.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor things present nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom.8:38,39)

This Singularity is therefore full of serious meaning. Inordinate self love is no comparison.

Why are you here in the old creation ?

I am here in the new creation to enjoy all that Christ is expanding into, His climax and consummation, the "New Jerusalem". That city of the mingling of God and man, that city of the blending of God and man and the incorporation of God and man, is why I am alive.

Why are you alive ? I seriously recommend this resurrected Jesus Christ to you.
    Jesus loves you in death and in resurrection.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 11:37
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===========================

Oh, dear.

The serious part is about Jesus because without Jesus in death and resurrection, the universe is empty and hollow in meaning.

People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain. If you don't believe me ...[text shortened]... resurrected Jesus Christ to you.
    Jesus loves you in death and in resurrection.[/b]
    People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain.

First three words that spring to my mind after reading that are -

Arrogance, egotistical and vanity.

Three words that sum you up rather succinctly. If your the advertisement for Christianity no wonder people are leaving in their droves.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 12:11
    And I have heard the word "explosion" in relation to the Big Bang many many times in spite of what you say.
    I am sure you have, but you are nevertheless confusing the singularity with the big bang and compounding what is already a rather misleading metaphor "big bang".
    You are taking the word 'singularity' which is associated with 'big bang' and using it as a metaphor for 'explosion' which you are using in a rather different sense anyway.

And the purpose off all this? Is it because 'singularity' sounds cool? Is it because you wish to replace science with your theology? What is your motivation behind drawing parallels between the singularity at the start of the Universe and Jesus?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 12:14
    But if you receive the resurrected Christ the unseparable love of God immediately makes your being alive so meaningful for you are loved with an everlasting love.
    Yet you too would be at a loss if you were asked to actually explain what that 'meaning' actually is.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 14:221 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am sure you have, but you are nevertheless confusing the singularity with the big bang and compounding what is already a rather misleading metaphor "big bang".
    You are taking the word 'singularity' which is associated with 'big bang' and using it as a metaphor for 'explosion' which you are using in a rather different sense anyway.

And the purpose of hind drawing parallels between the singularity at the start of the Universe and Jesus?
    =======================================

Not confusing. The Big Bang was out from the singularity.

Most metaphors are not perfect. Even big "BANG" is misleading for there was no noise if there was no air to carry sound waves.

But anyway, so many things in the natural world are shadows of the greater realities.

Here we see in Daniel's prophecy Christ as a stone cut out without hands and smashing the political systems depicted as a great image. Then the little stone grows into a mountain that fills the whole earth.

See Daniel 2:31-45 including this "You were watching until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the image at its feet of iron and clay and crushed them.

Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed all at once, and they became like chaff from the summer threshing floor; and the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. And the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth. This is the dream; and we will tell its interpretation before the king." (Dan. 2:24-26)

And concerning the smashing of the feet of the great image Daniel says "And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will raise up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and its reign will not be left to another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdom; and it will stand forever." (Dan. 2:44)

All the kingdoms of the old creation will be crushed and blow away in the wind like shaft. And the resurrected King of kings will fill the earth with the kingdom of Christ and of God. ... b[]"the dream is sure, and its interpretation trustworthy" [/b]

This Singularity includes His destruction of all the old creation worldly empires and kingdoms one day. And He fills the earth with the kingdom of God. In everyway Christ is encreasing, growing,expanding, and even exploding.

In this case the safest place from this explosion is not in any bomb shelter but in the explosion itself.

=====================
    ===========================

Twhitehead, I know that you know everything better then Christians. But the big Bang is said to come out of or from the singularity.

And God's eternal pupose certainly comes out of the resurrected Christ.

Now I must give some time to tell the readers how this Singularity contained so very much just like the singularity of the old creation Big Bang.

===============
    And the purpose off all this? Is it because 'singularity' sounds cool? Is it because you wish to replace science with your theology? What is your motivation behind drawing parallels between the singularity at the start of the Universe and Jesus?
    =======================

No replacing science with theology. But you do not realize how very much Christ means. And God created the universe for His will.

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, for You have created all things, and because of Your will they were, and wre created." (Rev. 4:11) [/b]

God has created the universe "because of [His] will" . I am told that the language does not mean simply that the universe exists because of God's will power but because of God's purpose, God's plan, God's will.

And the resurrected Christ is intrinsically related to this eternal plan of God.

Here is another good versee showing that God has a purpose in His creation of the universe.

"Even as He [the Father] chose us [the saved] in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blemish before Him in love, Predestinating us for sonship through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will" (Ephesians 1:4,5)

1.) God's desire is to have sons of God - "sonship".

2.) This is the destiny He has marked out for the saved "before the foundation of the world" . That means before the creation of the universe.

3.) The strong implication is that first God had a plan to have sons. And secondly, based upon this plan He created the universe - He laid "the foundation of the world" .

Therefore God's creation of the universe is based upon His eternal purpose to have sons of God.

Now sons of God are men with the divine life and nature of God. They are actually God in life and nature but not in His Fatherhood or His Godhead.

And sons of God are produced by the resurrectin of Christ as the Firstborn Son of God - " ... that He [Christ] might be the Firstborn among many brothers" (Rom. 8:29)

The only begotten Son whom God gave because He so loved the world, is now in addition the Firstborn Son of God to be followed by other sons of God. The life in Hims is now in them. And Christ is the Beginning, the Firstborn from the dead.

I don't think science, as cool as it is, has anything as fantastic as this.
    So I plan to continue following the great advances of science. But I also intend to follow the meaning of it all - Christ the Beginning of the creation of God in resurrection.

Jesus loves you.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 14:29
    [b]===========================

Oh, dear.

People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain. If you don't believe me ...[text shortened]... resurrected Jesus Christ to you.
    Jesus loves you in death and in resurrection.[/b]
    I don't understand your post. Can you explain succinctly how that is connected to what I said?

You keep talking of the parallels between Jesus and the Big Bang as if the story of Jesus is somehow a metaphor for the current scientific explanation for the beginning of the (known) universe. Is that what you're arguing for? So the person of Jesus didn't walk the Earth in your opinion?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 14:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain.

Three words that sum you up rather succinctly. If your the advertisement for Christianity no wonder people are leaving in their droves.[/b]
    =============================
    People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain.

Three words that sum you up rather succinctly. If your the advertisement for Christianity no wonder people are leaving in their droves.

I don't care if people leave Christianity in droves just as long as they are coming to Jesus.

Now a person certainly CAN make a purpose for themselves.
    A person may have a life's purpose to get a gold medal, to hit more home runs then Hank Aaron, to teach kids, to produce more atheists, to help more people go to hell like himself, to put cloths on needy people, to serve in a political office, to write good plays.

Sure, people can make a purpose for themselves in life. But I am talking about the overall meaning of human life. I don't mean that which will perish the day one dies.

The world is passing away. He who does the will of God abides forever. What is the eternal purpose of human life? For that we have to come to the Bible. It is not the property of an elite. It is there to see for anyone who has an open heart.

God is moving everything towards "New Jerusalem" in Revelation 21 and 22. God became man so that man might become God in life and nature nut not in the Godhead. He wants to mass produce Christ the universal mingling of divinity and humanity.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 15:01
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I don't understand your post. Can you explain succinctly how that is connected to what I said?

You keep talking of the parallels between Jesus and the Big Bang as if the story of Jesus is somehow a metaphor for the current scientific explanation for the beginning of the (known) universe. Is that what you're arguing for? So the person of Jesus didn't walk the Earth in your opinion?
    ==============================
    don't understand your post. Can you explain succinctly how that is connected to what I said?

=====================================

No indeed! It is the other way around.

God in creation has left us many hints, many clues. And He has given us His word in the Holy Bible.

All the positive things in the universe point to Jesus Christ. The sun that you see in the sky, that is not the real sun. The real sun is Jesus Christ.

The sweet air that you breath is not the reality. The real air is Jesus Christ.

The sweet water that you cannot live without is only a shadow of the real water. The real water is Jesus Christ.

The gravity holding you down so that you don't float away is not the real gravity. The real gravity is Jesus Christ.

The real eagle is Christ. The real lion is Christ. The real lamb is Christ. And the real dry land is Christ. This hymn, I think, speaks to this very well.

Christ is the one reality of all,
    Of Godhead and of man and all things else;
    No man without Him ever findeth God,
    Without Him man and everything is false.

All types and shadows of the ancient time,
    All things we ever need, both great and small,
    Only are shadows of the Christ of God,
    Showing that He must be our all in all.

All things are vanity of vanities,
    Christ, the reality all things to fill;
    Though everything we may enjoy and own,
    If we're devoid of Christ we're empty still.

Christ is our real God, our real Lord,
    Christ is our real life, our real light;
    Christ is out real food, our real drink,
    Our real clothing, and our real might.

Christ also is the one reality
    Of all our doctrine and theology;
    And all our scriptural knowledge without Him
    Is just in letter and is vanity.

Christ, the reality of time and space,
    Christ, the reality of every stage;
    Christ is the one reality of all
    Thru all eternity from age to age.

[Hymn 496, Living Stream Ministry, Witness Lee]
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 15:12
    [b]==============================
    don't understand your post. Can you explain succinctly how that is connected to what I said?

You keep talking of the parallels between Jesus and the Big Bang as if the story of Jesus is somehow a metaphor for the current scientific explanation for the beginning of the (known) universe. Is that what you're arguing ...[text shortened]... eternity from age to age.

[Hymn 496, Living Stream Ministry, Witness Lee][/b]
    But the eagle, the air, the water, etc. were not crucified and resurrected. So which one is the metaphor?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 15:37
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Can you please speak common English, because this Bible slang is difficult to read, and much is lost in translation.

If you believe that this Old English makes the words sound more authentic, well it does not and its just hard to read.
    To you, maybe, but I doubt it.

It just pains you to have to read the word of God, serpent!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 15:47
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    "People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain."

Hahahahahahah!

Pretty good, this coming from an atheist.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Right.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 15:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hahahahahahah!

Pretty good, this coming from an atheist.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Right.
    What does being atheist have to do with being arrogant, egotistical and vain?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 16:29
    The Big Bang was out from the singularity.
    No it wasn't. Thats what I am trying to tell you. But you are so stuck in preaching mode that you cant seem to stop and think. (and there were sound waves by the way).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree