1. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 05:29
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If anyone wants to know the meaning of human life he should begin by examining closely Jesus Christ. That is a good place to start because that is what God wants.
    As I thought. You too are at a loss when asked to explain what that 'meaning' actually is.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 05:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As I thought. You too are at a loss when asked to explain what that 'meaning' actually is.
    I told you start to study the Person of Christ.

Explanation is not your problem. Aversion to Christ is.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 06:002 edits
    Two simple words in Genesis help to understand why God created man.

image and dominion (Gen 1:26,27) .

Let Us make man in Our image - let them have dominion.

These two profound words are keys to why man exists. To "look" like God and to excercise deputy authority over God's creation on God's behalf.

That is in the first chapter of Genesis. The second chapter shows what is needed for man to fulfill this mandate - the divine life of God signified in "the tree of life" .

The subsequent chapters of the whole Bible are a story of God trying to recover man from his fall to this meaning of his creation. And image and dominion, even over death, is finally perfectly realized in the Son of God.

Through history God is working Christ as life into His redeemed people. And in the climax of the Bible, in Revelation 21 and 22 we see symbolically represented, the man filled with the divine life in the image, and reigning over God's creation for eternity.

If you want to begin to study the meaning of human life you should begin to examine in the Gospels everything about Jesus the Son of God, the Son of Man. That is a good place to start.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 09:493 edits
    This whole notion reminds me of brands that try to make their products seem absolutely awesome to Joe public by appending the words "Fusion", "Quantum", etc... to the end of their products

"Gillete Fusion" - *phwoar!!* gotta buy me some of those - says "fusion" at the end! 😲 - they must be dead good!!!
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 09:54
    I told you start to study the Person of Christ.
    In other words, you cannot explain it.

I don't have a problem. You do.
    You said:
    People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain. If you don't believe me ask some of these critical skeptical unbelievers to tell you why they are alive and why they are here in the universe.

Most of them do not have any idea. They even get irritated being asked the question. You get answers like "Why does there have to be a meaning anyway?"

So it appears that you are no different from the people you are criticizing. You too give vague answers and get irritated.
    You life is empty and vain. In addition, you are a hypocrite.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:12

[b]Explanation is not your problem. Aversion to Christ is.

You said:
    [quote]People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain. If you don't believe me ask some of these critical skeptical unbelievers to tell you why they are alive and why they are here in the universe.

Most ...[text shortened]... e answers and get irritated.
    You life is empty and vain. In addition, you are a hypocrite.[/b]
    ============================
    ==============================

If you need any "other words" they were right there in that post and in the post immediately following.

Do you deny that you have an aversion to Christ ?

================
    You said:

People's lives without Jesus are empty and vain. If you don't believe me ask some of these critical skeptical unbelievers to tell you why they are alive and why they are here in the universe.
    ====================

That is right. Without knowing God and without Christ there is much business in human life but little hope and no awareness of God's love. That leaves one empty.

==================
    Most of them do not have any idea. They even get irritated being asked the question. You get answers like "Why does there have to be a meaning anyway?"

So it appears that you are no different from the people you are criticizing. You too give vague answers and get irritated.
    You life is empty and vain. In addition, you are a hypocrite.
    =======================

I said you have an aversion to Christ. If you are closed hearted and hard hearted towards Christ that is a problem you have. The light of revelation cannot enter in.

Don't blame that resultant darkness on me. I could write 1,000,000 words here. And I am afraid that you would go away darker still.

Meanwhile, I notice that I have said a lot more about why man was created then you have. Curious.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:24
    If you need any "other words" they were right there in that post and in the post immediately following.
    All I see is question avoidance. The usual mumbo jumbo about how I will never understand it unless I become a Christian.
    The fact is that if you understood it, you could explain it. If you cant explain it, you cant claim to understand it.

Do you deny that you have an aversion to Christ ?
    I fail to see the relevance, nor am I clear on the question. I have no interest in becoming a Christian, if that is what you are asking.

Meanwhile, I notice that I have said a lot more about why man was created then you have. Curious.
    Not at all curious. I do not think there is a reason why man was created. I do no think man was created. But that does not mean my life is without meaning. Nor does your claim to having been created mean your life has meaning (or more meaning than mine). If anything it makes you a slave to your life and thus takes away meaning.

Once again I reiterate: you cannot explain what meaning your life has. You have only tried avoidance tactics: a) send me off to become a Christian and b) announce that I am incapable of understanding you due to my non-Christian state.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:383 edits
    The meaning of man's creation is that God seeks to deposit His own Christ into man and inherit the riches that come out from man being mingled with Christ:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the full knowledge of Him,

The eyes of your heart having been enlighteded, that you may know what is the hope of His calling,

and what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints ..." (Eph. 1:17-18)

God's precious inheritance is the saints, the sanctified humans - partakers of His own holiness, for a splendid and gllorious expression. God inherits this rich treasure.

"And what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us whjo beliueve, according to the operation of the might of His strength, which He caused to operate in Christ in raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavenlies ..." (v.19,20)

He we can see that this inheritance of Christ in the sanctified ones must be worked out by the "operation" of God's power. It is not plopped onto man. It is not switched on like a switch. It is planted in man and worked into man by a mighty operation. That is gentle but mighty, operation of His strength. The same strength which enabled God to resurrect from the dead.

The resurrection power of God is also working Christ into the saints. The outcome is God's inheritance. And man needs revelation - "the eyes of your heart being enlightened that you may know ...".

This inheritance in eternity is a mutual inheritance. On one hand God inherits the saved and Christ filled people. And on the other hand the "saints" inherit God and His unsearchable riches. And the indwelling Holy Spirit is the foretaste, the pledge, the appetizer of a fuller enjoyment to come.

"In whiom you also, having heart the wrd of the truth, the gospel of your salvation, in Him also beliueving, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise, Who is the pledgee of our inheritance unto the redemption of the acquired possession, to the praise of His glory." (Eph. 2:13,14)

1.) The repentant sinners heard the truth.

2.) The repentant believers believed the gospel (the word of the truth).

3.) The believers received a living "seal" as a gaurantee.

4.) This "seal" is a Person, the Holy Spirit. That is God in Christ in a form available to be dispensed into man.

5.) This "seal is a "pledge" while the process of God's operation is continuning unto the full redemption of the "acquired possession".

6.) In this case the "acquired possession" is more of God.

So God inherits the Christ filled people and the Christ filled people inherit God. That is a mutual inheritance.

The great mutual inheritance of God to man and man to God is the meaning of our existence. It looks like Christ enlarged, encreased, and expanded into a "city".

To continue then, God desires in the coming ages to show the riches of His grace. That is layers and layers of riches of His grace. And we who have received Christ have already experienced these waves of grace.

This great mutual inheritance God is and will put on display to the universe. I don't know what other creations will witness this great display.

"That He [God] might DISPLAY in the ages to come the surpassing riches of His race in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." (Eph. 2:7)

An eternal universal display of God's kindness toward the saved is on God's heart.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:49
    All I see is question avoidance. The usual mumbo jumbo about how I will never understand it unless I become a Christian.
    The fact is that if you understood it, you could explain it. If you cant explain it, you cant claim to understand it.

[b]Do you deny that you have an aversion to Christ ?

I fail to see the relevance, nor am I clear on the quest ...[text shortened]... hristian and b) announce that I am incapable of understanding you due to my non-Christian state.[/b]
    ==========================
    Once again I reiterate: you cannot explain what meaning your life has.
    ===============================

Reiterate it a few more times. Add some exclamation marks.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 11:541 edit
    So this is why I breath. This is why my heart beats. This is why I exist. I was brought into being to partake in this mutual inheritance - the Christ filled redeemed inherited by God, and the unsearchable riches of God inherited by the redeemed.

And this for a display in the coming ages of His kindness and love towards un in Christ Jesus. And twhitehead can also partake. But he says he does not want to be a Christian.

How sad only to be clocking the moments before a Christless ... I don't like to even think of how sad it is. So we who are believers should continue to pray for the twhiteheards of this world.

" Men ought always to pray and not lose heart."
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 12:131 edit
    Now coming back to the matter of Christ the reality of the singularity and the reality of the Big Bang.

We know that the Big Bang was a filling of the universe with space, time, energy, and matter. The word "filling" will do all though perhaps it is not accurate to think of the filling of an empty receptical.

The reciptical that Christ fills is the Adamic fallen man to bring him into a new creation. This is a filling not just of individuals who are saved but of a corporate vessel called the church.

Here we see Paul speaking of this expanding and filling:

"And to know the knowledge surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." (Eph. 3:19)

You ... the saints in Ephesis specifically, and all believers generally.

"You may be FILLED unto ALL the fullness of God"

So God in Christ comes into the believer. He is gentle. He is like a dove. He is like a "seed" as we saw in First John. But the operation of God is to fill this man unto a result. That climax is to be filled "unto all the fulness of God".

We haven't gotten there yet. We cannot testify all that this entails. But we see Christ filling the saved corporate vessel the church.

Paul again speaks of this Christ as the one in whom all the fulness of God dwells:

"For in Him [Christ] all the fullness was pleased to dwell ..." (Col. 1:19)

This "fullness" is a Person, otherwise He would not be "PLEASED" . The Fullness was "PLEASED" to dwell in Christ. And through Christ, in Ephesians the church is being filled up unto all the fullness of God.

This is more then marvelous. I was created to be a constituent in this corporate vessel being filled unto all the fullness of God for a corporate aggregate expression of the Triune God mingled and united with man.

Everyone who believes into Christ has a destiny in this great corporate vessel being filled unto all the fullness of God.

However, we also see that in this filling Christ ever remains the "Head" of
    the relationship. This could mean that God is infinitely rich and Christ is infintely the Source of this flowing of God into man.

"And He is the Head of the Body, the church; He is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead, that He might have the first place in all things." (Col. 1:18)

This "Singularity" is filling. But this expanding Singularity remains always the "Head" and Source of the dispensing of God into man.

He always remains "the first place in all things". For eternity we will never graduate from this Source and Head of God's dispensing.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 12:53
    The meaning of man's creation is that God seeks to deposit His own Christ into man and inherit the riches that come out from man being mingled with Christ:
    You call that 'meaning'? How so? I don't think it justifies such a grandiose title and is no more valuable than me saying: "The meaning of my life is that my boss seeks to make as much money from my work as possible and for me to get as little as possible in return".
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 12:54
    [b]==========================
    Once again I reiterate: you cannot explain what meaning your life has.
    ===============================

Reiterate it a few more times. Add some exclamation marks.[/b]
    You cannot explain what meaning your life has !!!!
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 12:56
    So this is why I breath. This is why my heart beats. This is why I exist. I was brought into being to partake in this mutual inheritance - the Christ filled redeemed inherited by God, and the unsearchable riches of God inherited by the redeemed.
    So you have explained why you exist. You haven't however explained how this gives your life meaning, and to whom it gives meaning and why that meaning is somehow superior to the meaning in my life.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 13:052 edits
    So you have explained why you exist. You haven't however explained how this gives your life meaning, and to whom it gives meaning and why that meaning is somehow superior to the meaning in my life.
    Yes I did. And I have a lot more to say. I even told you why I breath and why my heart beats.

Now, here is why some people like antheists do not know why they exists. It is because they are "alienated from the life of God".

It is not just a matter of being alienated from God. They are alienated from the life of God. It is more then solving the problem of whether or not God exists. It is receiving the life of God.

That is why we pray and receive Jesus Christ because He ends that alienation from "the life of God".

The created human life is a vessel made to actually contain another life in addition. We were created to be united with the life of God.

The unbeliever is "alientated from the life of God because of the ignorance which is in them, because of the hardness of their heart ..." ( Eph. 4:17,18)

Like you are now, when I had this ignorance due to the hardness of my heart I was alienated from God's Person, God's presence, even God's life.

That made human existence vain and empty. Oh, one can keep one's self busy, even busy enough that one does not have to think on it.

Others cannot solve the problem so they embrace this alienation. They even brag in it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree