1. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 16:32
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Twhitehead, I know that you know everything better then Christians.
    Actually there are plenty of Christian astrophysicists who know more about the Big Bang than I do. Hopefully, they too would tell you you have misunderstood some of the important details.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 18:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hahahahahahah!

Pretty good, this coming from an atheist.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Right.
    I know Palynka has asked already, but maybe you could explain how believing supernatural Gods don't exist makes someone egotistical, vain and arrogant?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 20:59
    Jaywill, this is all bitchin', but I am having trouble following. All I have gathered so far is that Jesus (as the singularity of the new creation, whatever that means) would like to penetrate me and explode inside me. Sounds gross.
  4. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 13:04
    We all have heard of the Singularity and the Big Bang. In this thread I plan to discuss the resurrection of Jesus Christ as God's singularity and big bang not of the old creation, but what is known as the [b] new creation.

The old creation is the creation not mingled with God. The new creation is the creation mingled and united with God. And the si ...[text shortened]... Amen, the faithful Witness, the beginning of the creation of God." (Revelation 3:14) [/b][/b]
    Singularities are pretty destructive, so I find you analogy a bit curious.
    I suppose you wanted to express that Christ's resurrection created an unbridgeable gap between the old and the new world. If so, why are you still using texts from the OT?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 14:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually there are plenty of Christian astrophysicists who know more about the Big Bang than I do. Hopefully, they too would tell you you have misunderstood some of the important details.
    I think your hopes will be disappointed. Expansion and explosion have been used by both Christian and non-Christian astrophysicists.

And I know that time and space came into into existence in the Big Bang. It is interesting that when we are talking science this is resisted by Atheists. It seems like you guys are for it one day and against it another day depending on what is being argued.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 14:112 edits
    Originally posted by souverein
    I suppose you wanted to express that Christ's resurrection created an unbridgeable gap between the old and the new world. If so, why are you still using texts from the OT?
    =================================
    ==================================

I am not sure what you mean by an unbridgeable gap between the old and the new world. You'll have to elaborate.

But Singularity is a very good expression to speak of Christ in resurrection because He is all-inclusive. Everything the new man needs is in this Christ. This is why Paul spoke of "the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ".

All the supply the Christians need for all kinds of situations and circumstances are in this all fitting and flexible divine Spirit. The endurance in here. The longsuffering is here. The wisdom, love, patience, hope are all in this bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Paul also described the gospel as "the unsearchable riches of Christ". Those riches are for the believers. And that bountiful supply is for the believers.

All these unsearchable riches and bountiful supply was contained and still is contained in this Son of God. And in His death and resurrection what He is is dispened into His redeemed saints.

So Christ, the Singularity expanding and exploding into the new creation is quite apt.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 14:26
    =================================
    ===============================

This divine / human Singularity is only "destructive" to the fallen Satanified world system, sin and death.

When Paul says that he as crucified with Christ, he meant that the killing off power of Christ's death was available to him in Christ. Paul could "put to death the practices of the body" through the Holy Spirit.

Bad habits, evil moods, fallen temperments, foul thoughts, fallen speech and fleshy words along with old Adamic behaviors could all be put to death and replaced by expression of the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

The godless world enfluence is crucified by walking in the Spirit of the resurrected Christ. In that regard this exloding Singularity is destructive of all that stands in the way of God's eternal purpose.

All this killing power is compressed into the One who resurrected and is available to the believer. All the enlivening power also is there. So like I said it is the "bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" - the supply to kill off the bad and to give life to the divine.

Both the destructive power and the building power are part of "the unsearchable riches of Christ". Unsearchable - in that there is more then we need.

Christ's resurrection has made suicide obsolete.
    Christ's resurrection has made reincarnation, (which is a lie), obsolete also.

One need not kill himself out of dispair. The unfixable was crucified with Christ on His cross. In the Holy Spirit is the terminating power to free us from these negative things.

One need not be reincarnated. In the Holy Spirit is the new beginning. In fact each time one turns his heart to the Spirit, there is a new beginning.

So this exploding Singularity of the resurrected Jesus has all we need in His receivable and available form as life giving Spirit.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) . In the "life giving Spirit" is the "BOUNTIFUL SUPPLY of the Spirit of Jesus Christ (Philppians 1:19)
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 14:472 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Jaywill, this is all bitchin', but I am having trouble following. All I have gathered so far is that Jesus (as the singularity of the new creation, whatever that means) would like to penetrate me and explode inside me. Sounds gross.
    ========================================
    ======================================

You've got. You've got it.

But do not be afraid. This explosion is gentle and with you cooperation. But it is extremely powerful.

The Holy Spirit is symblized in the NT as a dove. A dove is a gentle creature and easily shewed away.

This Spirit of the resurrected Christ indeed want to expland and explode within all of His believers. I owe you a thanks for causing this point to come out. Thanks.

This is a powerful, mighty, yet GENTLE explosion of God within man. First it effecfs man and then it effects the universe.

You see man is the head of the universe. So the way man goes the universe follows. Didn't you read Genesis ?

Let THEM have dominion .... He created man after He prepared all the creation. The revelation of the sons of God is also the freeing of creation from the slavery or corruption. See Romons 8:18-23. No, I mean really SEE it.

Great observation. Thanks.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 14:54
    I think your hopes will be disappointed. Expansion and explosion have been used by both Christian and non-Christian astrophysicists.

And I know that time and space came into into existence in the Big Bang. It is interesting that when we are talking science this is resisted by Atheists. It seems like you guys are for it one day and against it another day depending on what is being argued.
    What science is being talked about here?

You take a scientific description for the big bang (despite your misuse of the concept of singularity) and jump from it into a weird metaphorical parallel with Christ. There is nothing scientific in this jump.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 20:40
    [b]========================================
    ======================================

You've got. You've got it.
    ...[text shortened]... ption. See Romons 8:18-23. No, I mean really SEE it.

Great observation. Thanks.[/b]
    Great observation. Thanks.

You're welcome.

You see man is the head of the universe. So the way man goes the universe follows. Didn't you read Genesis ?

You wear your anthropocentrism on your sleeve.

See Romons 8:18-23.

I think there are isolated elements of Romans 8 that speak nicely to the passionate conviction of the human mind at odds with its existential conditions. But, sorry, hope is not a solution to any of this. I see nothing to recommend the hope that the great invisible sky man will pop a nut inside humanity.
  11. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 22:10
    [b]=================================
    ===============================

This divine / human Singularity is only "destructive" to the fallen Satanified world system, sin and death.

When Paul says that he as crucified with Christ, he meant that the killing off power ...[text shortened]... s the "BOUNTIFUL SUPPLY of the Spirit of Jesus Christ (Philppians 1:19) [/b]
    A singularity does not discriminate between approaching objects. Anything that passes the event horizon of the singularity is doomed to be crushed by the gravity of that singularity. So if you see Christ as a singularity I would advice you to stay away from him.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 22:22
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]Great observation. Thanks.

You're welcome.

See Romons 8:18-23.

I think there are isolated elements of Romans 8 that speak nicely to the passionate conviction of th ...[text shortened]... nothing to recommend the hope that the great invisible sky man will pop a nut inside humanity.[/b]
    ================================
    =============================

LOL.

Well, I'll tell you. Like most average 20th century men I once considered man was an accident, on a second planet around a second rate star, in a second rate galaxy. Like every one else I was lost in a sense of our insignificance.

I had that attitude for a long time. We were specs of dust in the cosmos which would go its merry way without us. And maybe part of it for a sesson will.

Even after I turned to Christ, I still didn't really get the place of man in the univrerse.

Then one day I saw some men in the Holy Spirit. No, I mean they were really in the Holy Spirit. They were standing there like generals and admirals in a great war. There was something about the way they were standing there. They were MEN, men of God, standing on the earth.

Something was a little bit different in the way they stood there. It seemed that they had some realization about who and what they were that I never saw before.

Then I read a book called "The Glorious Church" a Chinese Christian named Watchman Nee. And the way he expounded Genesis chapter 1 and 2 changed my life. It changed my outlook on what it was to be a Christian and what it was to be a human being.

I saw what Jesus was. And I saw what we are. And I realized that man is not small thing.

You see in the spiritual life you kind of intuitively sense some things in your spirit. But you may not have the words to express what it is. Then someone with deeper experience can often put words on what it is you sense. And you say "That's it. That's what I feel deep inside."

Somebody is saying it. But you already sensed it.

I would only say if you have trouble with an anthrocentric view of our place in the universe, study Jesus. Study the man Jesus Christ in the Gospels. Look at the kinds of things He does. You might get a glimmer of what He means. And that is a entrance into understanding what God has in store for those who follow Jesus into God's eternal purpose.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '11 22:371 edit
    [b]This divine / human Singularity is only "destructive" to the fallen Satanified world system, sin and death.
    A singularity does not discriminate between approaching objects. Anything that passes the event horizon of the singularity is doomed to be crushed by the gravity of that singularity. So if you see Christ as a singularity I would advice you to stay away from him.[/b]
    =====================================
    A singularity does not discriminate between approaching objects. Anything that passes the event horizon of the singularity is doomed to be crushed by the gravity of that singularity. So if you see Christ as a singularity I would advice you to stay away from him.
    ========================================

This Singularity is a Wonderful Person. Marvelous! Wonderful Savior. You didn't read about Jesus ???

What is a matter with you people ??

And Jesus does have an event horizon. He surely does. And if you get too close you will be marvelously pulled in. And you may end up like me, loving Jesus the real Person.

Would you like to know what the event horizon near Jesus is ?

Here it is, the event horizon where many, many got too close and got CAUGHT.

"Lord Jesus, I confess I am a sinner. I confess I am a sinner in need of You the Savior. Lord Jesus if you are real, I open my heart to you Lord. If you are really there I just invite you into my heart Lord."

That is the event horizon near this Singularity. And, Lord Jesus, you get close with your heart, and you will get pulled in.

And you know what. It may dawn upon you that moment. Or it may take a day or so. But at a certain moment you will realize that something, something, SOMETHING HAS CHANGED inside of your heart. Something very good has happened to you.

When I got close to this event horizon, I FELT LIKE A FLUSHED TOILET. I kid you not. I felt like YEARS of CRAP was being flushed out of my mind and my soul. I felt like DRANO from Heaven was flushing me out.

So there is an event horizon around this Singularity Jesus Christ. Now because I love the Bible I have to give you a verse to back this up:

" The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. That is the word of the faith which we proclaim,

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation.

For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame." (Roman 10:9-11)

So if you really want to perish and go to hell, don't too close to that event horizon.
    But if you want to know the Lord Jesus "No one can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit".

[b]"
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 04:312 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yet you too would be at a loss if you were asked to actually explain what that 'meaning' actually is.
    To build New Jerusalem the mingling of God and man for His expression and man's enjoyment.

All the fulness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Christ. And Christ is dispensed into man to expand and permeate and incorporate the uncreated divine within the created human for the mingling of God and man.

If anyone wants to know the meaning of human life he should begin by examining closely Jesus Christ. That is a good place to start because that is what God wants.

"Christ in you the hope of glory"
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 04:52
    What is in this Singularity ? Everything man needs and more then man needs.

All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Him.
    The fulness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Him.
    In Him was divine life which is the light of men.

In Christ is the terminating power to kill of the germs of fallen and sin damaged humanity.
    And in Christ is the resurrection power to raise and deify man.
    In Him is the oneness of the Triune God to furnish the unity of all the saved.

In this divine seed is the overcoming power to conquer sin. Right here we see both the living seed and the sin overcoming life in the seed:

"Everyone who has been begotten of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, becuase he has been begotten of God" (1 John 3:9)

In the full growth and maturity of this "seed" sin is overcome because the seed implanted in the saved is the life of God.

The expansion of this seed's life overcomes sin. This Singularity's gentle explosion will push sin completely out of the saved.

What an expansion ! And what a wonderful exploding seed is this Singularity Jesus Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree