1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 12:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You, like Robbie Carrobie, also use biblical scripture to coerse your wife into having sex with you. I'm afraid your opinion doesn't carry much weight.
    You anf D are very similar. You obsess on one topic.

Dive and Dutchess one and the same.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 12:10
    The fact is that I, as well as all real christians, do define immorality by sin. If it is sinful, then it is immoral. God defines reality not man.

If you have a problem with it fine. If you want to say that my point of view doesn't count that is fine too. It just reflects the hate towards God in your heart.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 12:281 edit
    God never talks about his morality in the bible, he talks about his righteousness.

Why don't you consider them one in the same?

Morality is a transient human construct, righteousness is a permenant state of being which is not necessarily attributed to by actions.

If this is so (and I wish to contemplate it) then "Christ vs a High Moral Code" seems a title you might not then disagree with.

Say something about the phrase, though, "righteous ... are Your ways".

"Great and wonderful are Your works, Lord God the Almighty!

Righteous and true are Your WAYS, O King of the nations!" (Rev. 15:3)

His righteousness is known to the world, through His ways. Am I right?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 12:40
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you want to say that my point of view doesn't count that is fine too. It just reflects the hate towards God in your heart.
    I think your opinions are ill conceived and largely bigoted, misogynistic and sometimes nasty....
    Therefore I hate God.

🙄
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 12:42
    [b]The fact is that I, as well as all real christians, do define immorality by sin.
    If god tells a man to go somewhere and preach and he disobeys through fear, for example. Are you saying that disobedience, which is sin, is immoral?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 12:44
    Originally posted by sonship
    Why don't you consider them one in the same?
    I've just explained why.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 14:271 edit
    I think your opinions are ill conceived and largely bigoted, misogynistic and sometimes nasty....
    Therefore I hate God.

🙄
    1 Corinthians 7 has God telling us that the wife's body belongs to the husband. It also says the husband's body belongs to the wife.

You believe that actually believing God is woman hating.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 14:28
    If god tells a man to go somewhere and preach and he disobeys through fear, for example. Are you saying that disobedience, which is sin, is immoral?
    Of course it is. God created us, to go against God's command is by definition immoral.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:20
    Of course it is. God created us, to go against God's command is by definition immoral.
    You think disobedience equates to immorality?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 15:26
    You think disobedience equates to immorality?
    Disobedience to God.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 16:47
    Disobedience to God.
    So you are always obedient to God?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 17:09
    So you are always obedient to God?
    No, I sin. No one is perfect, not one.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 18:56
    Such wisdom, such insight.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 19:30
    Especially Ben Affleck...
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '17 20:532 edits
    My subject was Christ vs a High Moral Code .

The Law of Moses was a fixed standard. It is what the ancients said in connection to God's commands given at Mt. Sinai.

Christ contrasted them with what He says and what He commands.

"You have heard that it was said to the ancients ... BUT ...I say to you ..." (see Matt. 5:22)

"You have heard that it was said ... BUT ... I say to you ..." (v.28)

"And it was said, ... BUT ... I say to you ..." (v.31,32)

"Again, you have heard that it was said to the ancients ... BUT ... you shall ..." (v.33)

The presence of the word "But" gives me the ground to use the word verses in "Christ VERSES a High Moral Code". The contrast is established by the Son of God Himself.

It is crucial to see that "But I say to you ..." means then, and now, and each moment the Holy Spirit makes a speaking demand on the one who follows Jesus. This is a flexible standard. And obedience to this means you are open to the SPEAKING of Jesus ... "But I say to you ..." everyday of your Christian life.

Here's an example -

You have you have your own moral code which perhaps says "Don't Eat Food Before Going to Bed." That is like a law. That is very much like one of the commandments given by God to the ancients. Anyway it is a high moral code of your own making.

But you have receive the Lord Jesus into your heart. He is alive, mysterious no doubt, but alive in resurrection and AVAILABLE. And perhaps the Spirit of Christ within your heart will not say "You Shall Not Eat a Heavy Meal Before Going to Bed".

Rather the Holy Spirit, as your are walking, may whisper to you about your FEET -

"Do not go near the kitchen."

The former is a high standard about what to eat at what time.
    The latter may be what JESUS said to you in an instant, in a moment as you were walking near to kitchen late at night.

Obedience to this minute prompting of the Holy Spirit leads to greater life power.
    I think every act of obedience to Christ the life giving Spirit results in greater living power and deeper grace.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree