1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 15:302 edits
    How are we doing?
    Whew! I wasn't up to a lot of arguing today anyway?

Okay. Please note that this talk from the Apostle Paul seems definitely to indicate that the ordinances of the Law were in some way contrary to the believers in Christ. He took them out of the way and nailed them to His cross.

Seriously. Look, right here -

" ... He made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our offenses;

Wiping out the handwriting in ordinances, which was against us, which was contrary to us; and He has taken it out of the way nailing it to the cross." (Col. 2:12c,13)

The high moral standard was written with the finger of God.
    The "handwriting" was that of God Himself.
    The high moral standard in ordinances of the Mosiac Law was taken "out of the way". It was "against us". Because it was "against us" Jesus Christ as God incarnate, took it out of the way "nailing it to the cross".
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 15:57
    Originally posted by sonship
    The law given at Mt. Sinai was a moral code given by God Himself.
    It was not the only moral code in history by any means.
    It was the one authentic divinely delivered high moral standard in commandments.

Bible juxtaposes life with Jesus Christ as better, higher, more authentic and more effective than living by this moral code (even originally from God ...[text shortened]... commands of Jesus Christ and the commandments of God given from Mt. Sinai in the Old Testament?
    There isn't a difference if all we are talking about is commands and codes. The difference with Christ He starts a work with in us and He intercedes for us.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 16:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    There isn't a difference if all we are talking about is commands and codes. The difference with Christ He starts a work with in us and He intercedes for us.
    Please tell us more.
    Please tell me about Jesus Christ staring a work in me as that relates to commands and codes.

Then I will also jump in and share more.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 16:21
    Please tell us more.
    Please tell me about Jesus Christ staring a work in me as that relates to commands and codes.

When I am back at my computer instead of my phone.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 09:431 edit
    Please tell us more.

John 14:6 KJV
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

To begin with this isn't a matter of simply obeying a few commands and codes with Jesus
    it is Jesus Himself that leads us to the Father.

John 14:26 KJV
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This is the Spirit of God who is sent to us, so that we can receive the God's Spirit and
    be taught by the Spirit of God those things that are of God.

John 14:17 KJV
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

We walk with God and He lets us know Him, the world does not have this, the Spirit isn't
    given to them. So those that trust in themselves, their own good works, their own
    righteousness, will come up short.

Romans 8:1 KJV
    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Walking after the Spirit of God we will be righteous, we will have no condemnation in
    Christ Jesus. Those with out God's Spirit can only walk in the flesh, there is nothing for
    them outside of that. We need God to do God's will.

Romans 8:9 KJV
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

If our righteousness isn't of God, our actions will always fall short, there will be nothing we
    can do that will remove our sins before God, without God's Spirit we hot God's.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 12:05
    Please tell us more.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies ...
    [Fleetwood Mac] 😀
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 12:522 edits
    John 14:6 KJV
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

To begin with this isn't a matter of simply obeying a few commands and codes with Jesus

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen to this. The living and available Jesus is the living way TO the destination of a Living God and Living Father.

"O Lord Jesus, You are my way. Apart from You Lord Jesus, I have no way, no truth, and no eternal life. Lord Jesus You are my Way, my reality, and my divine life. "

I need to repent of just coming to the Bible looking for doctrinal knowledge or rules. I am afraid that I have also cheated many on this Forum sometimes just ministering doctrinal knowledge and rules instead of presenting Christ Himself as the way.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 12:581 edit
    [b] John 14:6 KJV

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... just ministering doctrinal knowledge and rules instead of presenting Christ Himself as the way.[/b]
    Isn't it great to have God lead the way, shining light into our lives, so we can see and repent,
    giving us hope for moving forward! He is a great God full of compassion.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 13:03
    John 14:26 KJV
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

This is the Spirit of God who is sent to us, so that we can receive the God's Spirit and
    be taught by the Spirit of God those things that are of God.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this very much because the leading Spirit is also the Comforter - the comforting Holy Spirit. I think this goes quite well with Jesus saying that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. If we follow Him we will find rest to our souls.

As He leads us in obedience of God He also supplies us and comforts us, supporting us.

Look at this little window into God commanding and God enabling in the book of Ezekiel.

" Then He said to me, Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak with you.

And the Spirit entered into me when He spoke to me and caused me to stand up on my feet. And I heard Him who spoke to me." (Ezek. 3:1,2)

Nothing in the word of God is superfluous. Nothing is wasted. Here the demand of God came. But the supply and enabling to meet the demand came with God's word. This is a preview into God's desire to so mingle and so blend with man to be the way, the reality and the life of God imparted into us.

Openness and faith give Christ a channel to blend with our own spirit and soul. And there is rest for our souls in allowing Christ to live in us.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 13:093 edits
    Isn't it great to have God lead the way, shining light into our lives, so we can see and repent,
    giving us hope for moving forward! He is a great God full of compassion.

Yes it is. It is very great.

And what an unspeakable honor that we are actually walking in the same way in which the Son of God walked. Could there be a greater privilege? What an honor this is.

I am learning to deny introspection in favor of just coming to the light in His word.
    I use to come to find "light" on a passage or two in the Bible in the morning.
    But more lately I find that when I come to the word of God in the morning I enter into a whole realm of light. There is light in every phrase and every sentence. But more so there is light in my heart and on my living.

It is a whole sphere of God as light. He said that in Him was light and no darkness at all.
    Pray for me that I do not pass on to anyone my "natural" light.

But in His light we see light. (Psalm 36:9)
    Now I want to hear more about John 14 and the Comforter. I need a lot of comforting. I need a lot of comforting as I obey the Holy Spirit.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 13:37
    I love starting each morning in the Word and prayer.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 16:56
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies ...
    [Fleetwood Mac] 😀
    Believe it or not, Christ can even change a liar. From within.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 19:13
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Can yes, but generally does not.

Ananias and Saphira .. read the story. Two liars, both born again Christians. Killed for lying.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '17 19:27
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    All sinners which is the point.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '17 03:231 edit
    [b]Isn't it great to have God lead the way, shining light into our lives, so we can see and repent, giving us hope for moving forward! He is a great God full of compassion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is for us and wants us to be not only saved but also those who overcome - to be overcomers. It is the Father's good pleasure to give us the kingdom. (Luke 12:32).

Now when the Lord Jesus spoke that unless our righteousness exceeded that of the scribes and Pharisees, He was speaking with utter confidence in His life. He knew His own life. He knew that His life imparted to us when He comes to indwell us surpasses all the rigtheousness of the Pharisees.

He had confidence in His own life to be qualified to live the highest level of moral righteousness on the earth.

" For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, You shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens." (Matt. 5:20)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree