Christian Bashing Mutual Admiration Society

Christian Bashing Mutual Admiration Society

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Jan 06

For the presumptuous folk, who have nothing better to do than to make jeering, ridiculing, snide and sarcastic remarks about something they have no intention of understanding (except perhaps for the purpose of getting more ammunition to help with the bashing).

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by Halitose
For the presumptuous folk, who have nothing better to do than to make jeering, ridiculing, snide and sarcastic remarks about something they have no intention of understanding (except perhaps for the purpose of getting more ammunition to help with the bashing).
You start.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
You start.
This thread is limited to one of the pervasive trends in this forum - Christian bashing; I'll give you the heads up on this one...

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
19 Jan 06

This thread is limited to one of the pervasive trends in this forum - Christian bashing; I'll give you the heads up on this one...
dont you mean Pauline bashing?

s

Moves
19 Jan 06
1 edit

Uhm?.. Naaa, when you say "christian bashing"? Is that a christian bashing or an unspecified group of non-christians - well, thereby specified as non-christians - bashing christians? Duuuh?... 😕

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
dont you mean Pauline bashing?
Well, Paul is a prominent figure in Christianity isn't he?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Jan 06

Originally posted by stocken
Uhm?.. Naaa, when you say "christian bashing"? Is that a christian bashing or an unspecified group of non-christians - well, thereby specified as non-christians - bashing christians? Duuuh?... 😕
Christian Bashing TM, v.

The ridiculing of Christians by (normally) non-Christians.

s

Moves
19 Jan 06
2 edits

Christian Bashing TM, v.

The ridiculing of Christians by (normally) non-Christians.
In that case I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I am a non-christian by choice, and I don't feel like I'm making fun of christians. 😕

Am I?..

Sure, the bible I have been known to bash on a few times. Also, I may have referred to a literal believer as a bonehead. But, that's merely stating the facts. I think. 🙄

Besides, there's absolutely no mutual admiration between those of us who doesn't believe in the bible literally. Most of them admire me, but I have absolutely no admiration for anyone else. 😀

And it's no wonder I'm admired, either. A 1-year old putting together sentences like this (not even my native language, you understand) and playing chess on the 1500 rating level has got to be admired by any standard. 😵

Yup, I'm cute. 😏

[Hey! You restored that avatar of yours. May I say it's a good choice too? I like that avatar a lot better than stick figures doing marshal art.]

w

Moves
19 Jan 06

There are not any christian basheres on this forum are there?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Jan 06

Christianity attracts more attention than other religions, because its followers have this crazy idea that they should go out and convert people to the faith. When was the last time you saw a thread like, "Convert to Islam before it's too late!!" or, "Only Judaism can save you!". Or, imagine a blindfaith101-type poster: "THE WORD OF YHVH".

Christianity has the loudest followers, and there is no middle ground with evangelicals or fundamentalists. You are either with their faith, or damned to hell for all eternity. I bet the moderate christians sure hate getting lumped in with these guys.

Snide remarks are made from both sides of aisle. Rather than taking them personally, consider that the uncompromising positions on both sides practically force the issue to become personal.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Jan 06

I don't belong to your target market.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
19 Jan 06
1 edit

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Come on Hali. You know who gets bashed. Bf101, RBHILL, Ravello, and people of their ilk.
Ravello! I wish he'd post here.

J

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Christianity attracts more attention than other religions, because its followers have this crazy idea that they should go out and convert people to the faith. When was the last time you saw a thread like, "Convert to Islam before it's too late!!" ...
Actually, it depends very much where you hang out on the net. I have seen plenty of these posts myself.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
20 Jan 06

Originally posted by stocken
In that case I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I am a non-christian by choice, and I don't feel like I'm making fun of christians. 😕

Am I?..

Sure, the bible I have been known to bash on a few times. Also, I may have referred to a literal believer as a bonehead. But, that's merely stating the facts. I think. 🙄

Besides, there's ab ...[text shortened]... ood choice too? I like that avatar a lot better than stick figures doing marshal art.]
Nice. I have no beef with civil non-Christians such as yourself. I guess I started this thread in a rage of indignation -- all gone now.

Yeah. I kinda like my old avatar better.