Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Everybody knows, you see, that Satan is bad, bad.
Is there anything worse that a Christian can say to someone, according to their own terms of reference - whether that someone be a fellow Christian or a non-believer?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Is there anything [b]worse that a Christian can say to someone, according to their own terms of reference - whether that someone be a fellow Christian or a non-believer?[/b]
The question needs some clarification to me.
Maybe if you loaded fewer innuendos or something it could be more straightforward.

You're quick this morning.
How come you drag your feet on at least two questions put to you that I have no reply to yet?

Why did Jesus imply Peter was Satan or a follower of, when Peter told Jesus to pity Himself?
Who else expressed such high morality as Jesus in history?

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

The question needs some clarification to me.
Maybe if you loaded fewer innuendos or something it could be more straightforward.
No, the question is fine. No "innuendos". Are you not going to answer it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Is there anything [b]worse that a Christian can say to someone, according to their own terms of reference - whether that someone be a fellow Christian or a non-believer?[/b]
Is there anything worse that a Christian can say to someone,

It is not profitable for me to meditate on what WORSE could be said by people.

according to their own terms of reference - whether that someone be a fellow Christian or a non-believer?

This doesn't make too much sense to me.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17
1 edit

Why did Jesus imply Peter was Satan or a follower of, when Peter told Jesus to pity Himself?
I have already responded to this. Now, you answer it yourself and THEN explain how it answers my question about "Christian morals".

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Who else expressed such high morality as Jesus in history?
You have my answer to this gimmick. You have tried this deflection umpteen times over the years. My question about "Christian morals" remains unanswered.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17
2 edits

No, the question is fine. No "innuendos". Are you not going to answer it?
Visa versa.
How come its "hurry up and answer" when its you to other people. but when you evade its a quiet "buisness as usual"?

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

It is not profitable for me to meditate on what WORSE could be said by people.
It is either the worst thing a Christian can say about someone or it's not.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Visa versa.
How come its "hurry up and answer" when its you to other people. but when you evade its a quiet "buisness as usual"?
My question about "Christian morals" is not a red herring or a deflection. Your question about Jesus is a gimmick you resort to a few times a year when you seek to get out of answering a question.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

This doesn't make too much sense to me.
It's totally clear. So are you not going to answer it, is that it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17
3 edits

It is either the worst thing a Christian can say about someone or it's not.
It is a waste of time to contemplate what is the WORST thing a Christian could say about someone. No, that is not me saying saying bad things about people is ok for Christians.

It is me saying, why spend a lot of time thinking what the worst thing that could be said is ?

Besides, it should be the case that a person be told the truth.
if it is not true, that's not good.
If it is the truth, though it may temporarily seem injurious it may turn out to be profitable.

I have told the story of the Christian girlfriend I had in college who told me I was a lost sheep. I went back to my apartment totally peeved at being called a "lost sheep". Why, I was no "lost sheep"! How DARE she? I thought.

Sometime latter I discovered that I was a lost sheep.
Oh, I've been called worse things I suppose.
Only the true ones are of concern to me.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

It is a waste of time to contemplate what is the WORST thing a Christian could say about someone. No, that is not me saying saying bad things about people is ok for Christians.

It is me saying, why spend a lot of time thinking what the worst thing that could be said is --------- ?

Besides, it should be the case that a person be told the truth.
if i ...[text shortened]... sheep.
So there are worse things you could say about someone than say that they follow "Satan"? I think I understand. I'd be curious to know what some of those things might be. But you're clearly not willing to say. So be it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

So there are worse things you could say about someone than say that they follow "Satan"? I think I understand. I'd be curious to know what some of those things might be. But you're clearly not willing to say. So be it.
Why are you curious?

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

I have told the story of the Christian girlfriend I had in college who told me I was a lost sheep. I went back to my apartment totally peeved at being called a "lost sheep". Why, I was no "lost sheep"! How DARE she? I thought.

Sometime latter I discovered that I was a lost sheep.
Which bit of this is about "Satan" or "Christian morals"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

It's totally clear. So are you not going to answer it, is that it?
It was not totally clear on the first to third reading of it.