Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @fmf
This is absolutely false, sonship. You can answer it with a "yes" or "no" and be a Christian while you are doing it, and still be a Christian after you've done it. You don't have to "answer [my] question in humanistic terms". There is simply no "presupposition that what Christ taught was false" contained in the question about "Christian morals" that I am asking, and which you continue to sidestep with your amazing array of omni-red-herrings.
I don't sidestep anything.
For the purpose of this thread our morals as Christians has to be Christ, Christ, Christ Himself in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

You just don't like that Jesus Christ can and would be our morals.
That's your problem.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Start a thread with evidence that Jesus of Nazareth a powerful personality was imaginary.

Start a thread and invite people to admire you and reject that you could be wrong in any conceivable way.

Start a thread on how great Forum debater you are highlighting your greatest contributions.

Start a thread on your quite innocent objective figure who re ...[text shortened]... elf improvement, Self aggrandizement, Self appreciation being all the Spirituality anyone needs.
I may, in the fullness of time, start threads about some of these things. In the meantime, are you really not answer my question about this thread's topic. You can answer "yes" and still be a Christian. You can answer "no" and still be a Christian. I am NOT asking you not to believe in Jesus.

ENGLAND

Moves
10 Nov 17

Start a thread with evidence that Jesus of Nazareth a powerful personality was imaginary.

Start a thread and invite people to admire you and reject that you could be wrong in any conceivable way.

Start a thread on how great Forum debater you are highlighting your greatest contributions.

Start a thread on your quite innocent objective figure who re ...[text shortened]... elf improvement, Self aggrandizement, Self appreciation being all the Spirituality anyone needs.
Did you ever find the fortitude to state whether or not you thought FMF was a follower of Satan or not? I saw your lengthy hoop-jumping convolutions about how anyone who was not an follower of Jesus must be a follower of Satan so I suppose, like Becker, you are using a sort of arbitrary inference to carry your insult in the hope that the vagueness of it will help you avoid any consequential blow-back in the months/years ahead.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

For the purpose of this thread our morals as Christians has to be Christ, Christ, Christ Himself in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge
So is that a "yes" or "no" in answer to my very specific question?

Infidel

Moves
10 Nov 17

Who reading my posts does not understand that for the purpose of this discussion I have repeated again and again, the living Jesus Christ made one with the receiver is her or his morality ?
Since you're asking: I have absolutely no idea what you're saying. FMF's simple question is the correct question and it is painfully clear you are just dodging and dodging and dodging.

You appear to be using your very own distorted definition of the word morality, and then get all up in arms when you get called out for it.

I'm sure there are a few of your fellow Christians here who support your absurd posts and non-replies, but let me assure you, for me as an atheist your posts in this thread (and elsewhere) highlight just how much your religion has messed up your brain. You are pretty much the worst posterchild Christianity could wish for. And I suppose that brings you a sense of martyrdom.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17
2 edits

Not so. Here is the question: So, are "Christian morals" simply ordinary human morals but applied by "Christians" while thinking stuff (having beliefs) about themselves and thinking stuff (having beliefs) about Christ?
Here is the question: So, are "Christian morals" simply ordinary human morals but applied by "Christians" while thinking stuff (having beliefs) about themselves and thinking stuff (having beliefs) about Christ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times have I written that human virtues are human virtues whether a person is a Christian or not?

How many times?
I count about three from memory.

The Christian life of morality is living Christ and letting Christ live in us and flow out from us.
If you don't think that is possible, that's your problem and your loss.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Morals govern behaviour, conduct and actions. "Christ" is a being. When you say that "Jesus Christ can and would be our morals", are you conceding that "Christian morals" are simply ordinary morals as perceived by believers in Christ?

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

How many times have I written that human virtues are human virtues whether a person is a Christian or not?

How many times?
I count about three from memory.

The Christian life of morality is living Christ and letting Christ live in us and flow out from us.
If you don't think that is possible, that's your problem and your loss.
So the morals and human virtues are the same, it's just that when someone happens to believe in Christ, these same morals and human virtues become "Christian morals", is that right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Morals govern behaviour, conduct and actions. "Christ" is a being. When you say that "Jesus Christ can and would be our morals", are you conceding that "Christian morals" are simply ordinary morals as perceived by believers in Christ?
Morals govern behaviour, conduct and actions. "Christ" is a being.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's right that Christ is a being - a living Person and God as man.

When you say that "Jesus Christ can and would be our morals", are you conceding that "Christian morals" are simply ordinary morals as perceived by believers in Christ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think of it as a hand inside of a glove.
The shape is the same.

One fits comfortably inside the other.
We were made in the image of God and have certain human virtues.

We fell short of the glory of God and are under judgment.
Christ is perfect - the perfect man who as life giving Spirit can fit into our "shape" as a hand in a glove.

Christian morals are not the empty glove but the living hand within the empty glove.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

[b] Morals govern behaviour, conduct and actions. "Christ" is a being.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's right that Christ is a being - a living Person and God as man.

When you say that "Jesus Christ can and would be our morals", are you conceding that "Christian morals" are ...[text shortened]... glove.

Christian morals are not the empty glove but the living hand within the empty glove.
So is your answer to my question "yes" or "no"? You'll still be a Christian - and you'll still be able to believe all the Christian stuff that you believe - whichever way you answer it.

Moves
10 Nov 17

For the purpose of this thread our morals as Christians has to be Christ, Christ, Christ Himself in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

That's your problem.
You mean Christ would be your 'moral compass,' surely?

Genesis 4 tells us that, "sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.”

The onus is on 'you' to avoid sin and act righteously. 'Morals' are for you to uphold, not simply commander from the almighty.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @great-king-rat
Since you're asking: I have absolutely no idea what you're saying. FMF's simple question is the correct question and it is painfully clear you are just dodging and dodging and dodging.

You appear to be using your very own distorted definition of the word morality, and then get all up in arms when you get called out for it.

I'm sure there are a ...[text shortened]... rst posterchild Christianity could wish for. And I suppose that brings you a sense of martyrdom.
Its simple, yet profound too.
Christian morals is letting the really perfect Moral One blend in with our living.

Following Jesus is really about receiving Jesus and living through Him.
This of it as a plant grafted into another plant.
The health and wealth of the healthy plant into which the branch is grafted influences the grafted branch.

The healthy plant flows its health right into the branch that is grafted into it.

This is the normal Christian life.
So in spite of you ad homs and low opinion of me, Christian morals is all about living Christ.

This living gives rise to a new culture.
This new culture seems to require new phrases and sometimes new definitions of familiar words.

Culture affects language. And the phenomenon of men living with Christ in them is a new culture on the earth. Sometimes old language is inadequate to do justice to this new way of living.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke

Genesis 4 tells us that, "sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.”

The onus is on 'you' to avoid sin and act righteously. 'Morals' are for you to uphold, not simply commander from the almighty.

Good points.
But I will have to reply latter today.
It is time for me to do some other things.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Christian morals is letting the really perfect Moral One blend in with our living.
So you have said the morals and virtues of believers and non-believers are basically the same. So, "Christian morals" are more or less the same as ordinary morals except the Christians applying them are convinced they are "letting the really perfect Moral One blend in with [their] living", is that a fair encapsulation?

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Did you ever find the fortitude to state whether or not you thought FMF was a follower of Satan or not? I saw your lengthy hoop-jumping convolutions about how anyone who was not an follower of Jesus must be a follower of Satan so I suppose, like Becker, you are using a sort of arbitrary inference to carry your insult in the hope that the vagueness of it will help you avoid any consequential blow-back in the months/years ahead.
Did you ever find the fortitude to state whether or not you thought FMF was a follower of Satan or not?