Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Which bit of this is about "Satan" or "Christian morals"?
Answer questions put to you.
Stop displaying such a double standard.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Why are you curious?
Because you brought up the notion of people who have different beliefs from you being "followers of Satan" and this is a debate and discussion forum; my question is a follow up to what you claimed, and your unwillingness to answer it fully is interesting behaviour.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

It was not totally clear on the first to third reading of it.
OK then, just stick with that and sidestep it. I don't mind.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Answer questions put to you.
Stop displaying such a double standard.
I've responded to your Jesus-is-very-good gimmick. I have given you my honest and sincere response to that. It's the same response I give you every time you wheel it out in order to deflect from whatever question you are trying not answer.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

If you have a case of cancer or some serious disease, you don't get mad at the honest diagnosis of a skilled physician. [...] Let's talk about the cure for us!
Rather than your scaremongering cancer-physician-cure analogy, I think a better analogy is that you [and you are not alone] are a profoundly superstitious and pompous man who is [1] pissing on everybody's back, [2] telling them it's raining, and [3] trying to sell them an Emperor's New Umbrella.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17
4 edits

Moving on.

According to the way I have talked about "Christian morals," do Christians always live them ?

No.
If they did probably the New Testament would be only 15% of the size it is.

The epistles are guiding the believers to go on to develop and grow.
And I like the verse saying that God's grace is training the believers to live godly.
Any kind of training takes time and cooperation.

"For the grace of God, bringing salvation to all men, has appeared, TRAINING us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly and righteously in the present age ... " (Titus 2:11,12 Recovery Version)

Some of us are in the process of the TRAINING of the grace of God to live these Christian morals - to live through and by Christ.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Some of us are in the process of the TRAINING of the grace of God to live these Christian morals - to live through and by Christ.
Are you using the word "morals" here as a synonym for "beliefs"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Are you using the word "morals" here as a synonym for "beliefs"?
Closely related.

Beliefs can be in both true things and believable things.
"Beliefs" should not trigger a knee jerk reaction that what is believed therefore must not be true.

Answer some questions put to you by others.
Spend some time to catch up on questions put to you by others which you ignore in favor of piling on more of your questions to them.

You boast about the forum being for debate.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

FMF: Are you using the word "morals" here as a synonym for "beliefs"?

Closely related.
Beliefs can be in both true things and believable things.
"Beliefs" should not trigger a knee jerk reaction that what is believed therefore must not be true.
So, are "Christian morals" simply ordinary human morals but applied by "Christians" while thinking stuff (having beliefs) about themselves and thinking stuff (having beliefs) about Christ?

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

Answer some questions put to you by others.
Spend some time to catch up on questions put to you by others which you ignore in favor of piling on more of your questions to them.

You boast about the forum being for debate.
I have responded to your deflections and red herrings. And I haven't been piling on" more questions, I have been doggedly trying to get you to answer the same question but you are determined to sidestep it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Because you brought up the notion of people who have different beliefs from you being "followers of Satan" and this is a debate and discussion forum; my question is a follow up to what you claimed, and your unwillingness to answer it fully is interesting behaviour.
This accusation is tailored to paint me as so intolerant that the minute a Bahai, Buddhist, Atheist, Mormon, or someone else converses with me I immediately call them a follower of Satan.

You seem to put a huge amount of effort into portraying Christians as like being all fanatical members of the Westboro Baptist Church.

You seem to stake a great deal into portraying enthusiasm as bigotry.
I sometimes wonder what you'd do if you didn't have that mechanism.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

I have responded to your deflections and red herrings. And I haven't been piling on" more questions, I have been doggedly trying to get you to answer the same question but you are determined to sidestep it.
No you haven't.
I don't expect you to have the guts to answer half the questions put to you without disqualifying them on some grounds.

The highest morality I know of on earth - Jesus Christ.
Who else would you submit is more commanding to learn from ?

Something wrong with the question?

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

The highest morality I know of on earth - Jesus Christ.
Who else would you submit is more commanding to learn from ?

Something wrong with the question?
Well if you read my response to it, you will be able to discern my perspective on the Jesus story, and on your admiration for him as depicted in that story, and on what's "wrong" with your question. Read it. Don't blank it out. You should also note that your mythologized Jesus character is postioned at the very heart of your depraved and ghastly torturer god ideology. Your admiration for this and subscription to it is noted. As you know I find it utterly grotesque. I have been sincere and open with you about it, sonship, so many times.

F

Moves
10 Nov 17

[1]You seem to put a huge amount of effort into portraying Christians as like being all fanatical members of the Westboro Baptist Church.

[2]You seem to stake a great deal into portraying enthusiasm as bigotry.
I sometimes wonder what you'd do if you didn't have that mechanism.
[1] No I don't. You're playing a victim card here.

[2] No I don't. I have never called you a "bigot". You are making stuff up.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 17

Well if you read my response to it, you will be able to discern my perspective on the Jesus story, and on your admiration for him as depicted in that story, and on what's "wrong" with your question. Read it. Don't blank it out. You should also note that your mythologized Jesus character is postioned at the very heart of your depraved and ghastly torturer god id ...[text shortened]... d it utterly grotesque. I have been sincere and open with you about it, sonship, so many times.
Even if it is a ancient comic book story who would you submit as a greater example of high human morality?