1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 01:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You have a problem with Jesus it seems.
    I have somewhat of a problem with what you claim Jesus has told you what not to do, and with you framing your actions - or, indeed, non-actions, as the case may be - as being moral behaviour that is inherently superior to that of people others, i.e. those who are not members of your group, yes. It's enough of a "problem" for me to be interested in debating it with you.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 01:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is your understanding of the term, 'no part of the world?'
    I am interested in your understanding.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 03:02
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Public health, justice, education, infrastructure, resource management or environmental safeguards will do to start. All of the above (a nod to FMF for them) are ran by 'civil government' in our social democracy, how would the above be run in a society of 'True Christians' if 'True Christians' are to be politically neutral and not part of civil government?
    Maybe a capitalist republic instead of a social democracy would be better?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 03:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    From my viewpoint, yes you are correct. The non Christians could and probably would become the ones in charge and the cycle would start over again.
    And as far as that goes under the imperfect state that all of mankind is under now many of the Christian faith would no doubt do the same as we have seen all throught history.
    Many religios leaders have ...[text shortened]... en cleanzed of all badness and the planet will once again be the paradise God intended it to be.
    So you admit a government run by non-christians would be very bad. So why shouldn't Christians try to get in control of government by voting Christian representative into office? That seems better than just turning everything over to the muslims or atheists.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 08:18
    [b]first of all, are you talking of a society in which everyone, as you put it, is a true
    christian

Correct. How would a society of True Christians function? That was my OP.[/b]
    *******BUMP**********

Robert!!!! You've not answered.

Correct. How would a society of True Christians function? That was my OP
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 08:381 edit
    *******BUMP**********

Robert!!!! You've not answered.

Correct. How would a society of True Christians function? That was my OP
    with love 🙂
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 08:40
    with love 🙂
    If you don't know, you can say 'i don't know'.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 08:44
    If you don't know, you can say 'i don't know'.
    you asked, how would a society of true Christians function and i gave you the answer, with love.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 08:46
    you asked, how would a society of true Christians function and i gave you the answer, with love.
    Okay, here's my question from the beginning -

Public health, justice, education, infrastructure, resource management or environmental safeguards will do to start. All of the above (a nod to FMF for them) are ran by 'civil government' in our social democracy, how would the above be run in a society of 'True Christians' if 'True Christians' are to be politically neutral and not part of civil government?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 09:373 edits
    Okay, here's my question from the beginning -

let us take the example of construction,

we are well known for our ability to safely build structures, adequately and quickly
    with astonishing efficiency, in fact , after the foundation has been laid and cured, we
    can erect a kingdom hall, to the specified building regulations in a weekend, is it not
    the case? I myself have been involved in several of these projects throughout
    Scotland. Now what do we do differently than say those who build on a building site,
    on which i used to also work and have some practical experience,

firstly we are non profit, this means that people are motivated out of desire rather
    than monetary means

secondly we are able through cooperation to get many tasks done ultra efficiently,
    brick lines are an example where one brick is passed along a line of people meaning
    that the brick layers have a constant supply, a commercial enterprise simply could
    not afford this luxury of so many persons doing little menial tasks

our pre-build organisation is outstanding, there is consultation between all
    departments, the building committee, the architects, the heads of the departments,
    i.e scaffolding, roofing, dry wall lining, joiners, welders, bricklayers, electricians,
    plasterers, decorators, carpet layers, suspended ceiling, tilers, cooks, on site food,
    landscape gardeners, render and cement mixing and general volunteers. All of these
    teams are presided over by a qualified brother who looks after his team, they know
    the tasks that have been assigned to them and the time they have to get the work
    done.

there is no friction between these departments for all are working for a common
    goal, organisation and a spirit of cooperation are they key, the only time that the
    civil authorities are involved is during planning, when the plans are submitted and on
    completion when the clerk of works/building inspector inspects the building to
    establish that it meets recognised standards of safety.

we have built award winning buildings through this spirit of co-operation and
    expertise, you may like to check out the Bristol assembly hall, its two thirds
    underground with a waterfall in the foyer! I did not work on it myself but I visited it
    during construction to see the progress.

you asked how public health, education, infrastructure etc etc will be run and I
    provided this example to illustrate that all things take place because of outstanding
    organisation, co operation, a willing spirit and qualified individuals who are willing to
    provide their expertise. We already organise the worlds largest Bible education
    program, have produced literature in over 400 languages including sign language
    and Braille and you are asking us how true Christians will take care of education,
    plueeeeeeze, dude, i don't want to be immodest, but piece of cake comes to mind!
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 09:59
    let us take the example of construction,

we are well known for our ability to safely build structures, adequately and quickly
    with astonishing efficiency, in fact , after the foundation has been laid and cured, we
    can erect a kingdom hall, to the specified building regulations in a weekend, is it not
    the case? I myself have been involved i ...[text shortened]... f education,
    plueeeeeeze, dude, i don't want to be immodest, but piece of cake comes to mind!
    A short reply as i'm off teaching soon.

I can't see how the construction of one building can be used to explain how the entire infrastructure of a whole society would function. You are still yet to explain who would make the political decisions that civil government make in our society in a society of True Christians. For instance -

the only time that the civil authorities are involved is during planning, when the plans are submitted and on completion when the clerk of works/building inspector inspects the building to establish that it meets recognised standards of safety.

Who would take the role of the civil authorities from your above quote in a society of True Christians? Someone has to make decisions regarding planning?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 10:041 edit
    A short reply as i'm off teaching soon.

I can't see how the construction of one building can be used to explain how the entire infrastructure of a whole society would function. You are still yet to explain who would make the political decisions that civil government make in our society in a society of True Christians. For instance -

[quote]the only ...[text shortened]... above quote in a society of True Christians? Someone has to make decisions regarding planning?
    it provides a microcosm dude, the role of civil government could easily be handled by a
    group of qualified individuals/civil engineers, we after all do have our on building
    committees and architects who didn't get their qualifications from the river Clyde when
    they fell in 😛 You have a cooking class, nice.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 10:111 edit
    it provides a microcosm dude, the role of civil government could easily be handled by a
    group of qualified individuals/civil engineers, we after all do have our on building
    committees and architects who didn't get their qualifications from the river Clyde when
    they fell in 😛 You have a cooking class, nice.
    the role of civil government could easily be handled by a group of qualified individuals/civil engineers

Exactly, they'd be making the decisions that civil authorities make in our society. They would be political.

Cooking up riddims Rob.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 10:17
    [b]the role of civil government could easily be handled by a group of qualified individuals/civil engineers

Exactly, they'd be making the decisions that civil authorities make in our society. They would be political.

Cooking up riddims Rob.[/b]
    LOL, so submitting plans and having them approved is a political act, next time i see the brother who is an architect, ill ask him if he considers himself as a political activist, get cookin! 😀
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '12 12:291 edit
    [b]the role of civil government could easily be handled by a group of qualified individuals/civil engineers

Cooking up riddims Rob.[/b]
    here is an interesting aspect, why do we have no police presence or fire stewards at
    our conventions? we have lots of trained stewards and fire stewards, but none who are
    in the employment of the civil government. Contrast this with a football match.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree