Christian Neutrality #2

Christian Neutrality #2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
go away fat man,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iDMmAyVUlM
if eveybody in the the uk became j.w's would a governing body be formed to make sure society functioned.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

but you agree that there are certain elements that are employed by civil
government but are not political in themselves, like lollipop ladies. As for those
making decisions, its really quite interesting. When I studied art and design, the
manager of our department was not an artist, she had not studied art and she was
unaware of many of the ...[text shortened]... rson to run a country,
you tell me? i would be really interested to hear what you have to say.
You're dodging the thread's question.

How would a society made up of what you see as "True Christians" function if there were no "non-True Christians" to leave the running of the country to?

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
if eveybody in the the uk became j.w's would a governing body be formed to make sure society functioned.
there is already an infrastructure in place, we excel at organisation.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 12

government but are not political in themselves, like lollipop ladies. As for those
making decisions, its really quite interesting. When I studied art and design, the
manager of our department was not an artist, she had not studied art and she was
unaware of many of the ...[text shortened]... rson to run a country,
you tell me? i would be really interested to hear what you have to say.
government but are not political in themselves, like lollipop ladies.

Yes, i stated this with regard to the midwife on the first page.

Right, we're back to this point again. I've just explained my argument to my girlfriend who has just got home from work, she gets what i'm saying, so does FMF and so does stellspalfie. It's not me getting my point across which is the problem here. I think you get my point, you're just obfuscating. Anyway, i'll try again.

Elements within a civil government are political, ie. the people who make the decisions with regard as to how the society is going to be run. Now in a society made up of solely True Christians, those same decisions still have to be made. Some form of civil government is going to have to be in place so that the infrastructure of the True Christian society can function. But there's the rub, whatever structure is put in place by the True Christians to govern their society that structure by it's very nature will be political.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]but you agree that there are certain elements that are employed by civil
government but are not political in themselves, like lollipop ladies.

Yes, i stated this with regard to the midwife on the first page.

Right, we're back to this point again. I've just explained my argument to my girlfriend who has just got home from work, she gets wha ...[text shortened]... Christians to govern their society that structure by it's very nature will be political.[/b]
we already have an infrastructure, my goodness man, we are 7.8 million people, how
do you think we maintain unity? when was the last time you seen a member of our
governing body running for office? we are extremely organised and you still have not
answered my question what qualifies these people to make decisions.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
You have been a Jehovah's Witness since you were 6, you say. Why did you not put your 'not of this world' morality into effect at some point during the last 40 years?
Oh let's see. I believe it was July 3rd 1964 at 6:47 PM if I recall correctly. How's that?

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Oh let's see. I believe it was July 3rd 1964 at 6:47 PM if I recall correctly. How's that?
lol, brilliant.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

no, i am taking a time out from you, you are too time consuming, sorry, try the Gman.
Hey buddy, thanks a lot. Lol
We all know he's only here to argue and push the limit. He has no spiritual knowledge and it really shows.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

lol, brilliant.
I'm sure it was 6:47 but it could have been 6:48. I'll have to look at my records on that. Ha!!!!!!!!!!!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

we already have an infrastructure, my goodness man, we are 7.8 million people, how
do you think we maintain unity? when was the last time you seen a member of our
governing body running for office? we are extremely organised and you still have not
answered my question what qualifies these people to make decisions.
we already have an infrastructure, my goodness man, we are 7.8 million people, how do you think we maintain unity?

I'm not talking about the infrastructure of a religious group, i'm talking about the infrastructure of an entire country Rob. You exist within the framework of infrastructure that is provided for you, i'm talking about when you have to run that infrastructure for yourselves.

I haven't answered your question as it's just a side-show dodge. You want them answered, pop along to debates.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

[b]we already have an infrastructure, my goodness man, we are 7.8 million people, how do you think we maintain unity?

I'm not talking about the infrastructure of a religious group, i'm talking about the infrastructure of an entire country Rob. You exist within the framework of infrastructure that is provided for you, i'm talking about when you hav ...[text shortened]... swered your question as it's just a side-show. You want them answered, pop along to debates.[/b]
The infrastructure you are speaking of is flawed as we see everyday on the news and in our own cities and towns. We as JW's are not deeply concerened with the worlds infrastructure as it is not backed by God and will all soon be wipped off the planet with God's Kingdom taking over.
Notice I said "overly concerned".
Whatever good comes out of these governments is good and we all should be paying our taxes to support them a Jesus commanded us too. But many don't as here in the states I believe only half that work here do as opposed to the JW's that will ALWAYS pay what we are supposed to. So in the light of the tax records and who is actually paying them, it seems we are doing more then our share.
But that's not really important as our concern is getting out of this system and hoping many will follow with this and accept God and his son's rule over us that will come whether you or others like it or not.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

[b]we already have an infrastructure, my goodness man, we are 7.8 million people, how do you think we maintain unity?

I'm not talking about the infrastructure of a religious group, i'm talking about the infrastructure of an entire country Rob. You exist within the framework of infrastructure that is provided for you, i'm talking about when you hav ...[text shortened]... your question as it's just a side-show dodge. You want them answered, pop along to debates.[/b]
7.8 million people is more than the population of Scotland. I see couldn't answer Robbies questions, well well!

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
The infrastructure you are speaking of is flawed as we see everyday on the news and in our own cities and towns. We as JW's are not deeply concerened with the worlds infrastructure as it is not backed by God and will all soon be wipped off the planet with God's Kingdom taking over.
Notice I said "overly concerned".
Whatever good comes out of these go ...[text shortened]... cept God and his son's rule over us that will come whether you or others like it or not.
The reported 47% who don't pay a federal income tax, almost to a person pay what they are supposed to pay according to the law, which is nothing. They are the poor, students, the military, etc. There may be a few others who owe but don't pay, but they risk ending up like Wesley Snipes and they are generally in another segment of the population. People don't evade taxes if it's not worthwhile, so these evaders aren't poor.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wesley-snipes-report-federal-prison-year-sentence/story?id=12345648#.UJlTUob3s84

This is relevant because you claim to always pay, as a group, what you are supposed to. I am sure that is true, and that you have a better record on tax evasion, as a group, than, say, the top 1%, but most of the rest of us, including most of you, have fewer opportunities. But don't compare yourself favorably to the 47%.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 12

7.8 million people is more than the population of Scotland. I see couldn't answer Robbies questions, well well!
7.8 million people is more than the population of Scotland.

And? What relation does that have to the infrastructure of a country and how a society of solely True Christians would run it?

I see couldn't answer Robbies questions, well well!

I have no interest in answering your deflective questions.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

[b]7.8 million people is more than the population of Scotland.

And? What relation does that have to the infrastructure of a country and how a society of solely True Christians would run it?

I see couldn't answer Robbies questions, well well!

I have no interest in answering your deflective questions.[/b]
hehe, last time i looked Scotland was a country and the question of qualifications is
relevant because in order for you to be assigned a position of responsibility within the
society of true Christians, now abbreviated to Jehovahs witnesses, because lets face it,
we are the people, one needs to be spiritually qualified, which represents a chasm of
difference from what is deemed necessary for a position of responsibility/decision
making, which you yourself introduced into the discussion.