Christian Neutrality #2

Christian Neutrality #2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hehe, last time i looked Scotland was a country and the question of qualifications is
relevant because in order for you to be assigned a position of responsibility within the
society of true Christians, now abbreviated to Jehovahs witnesses, because lets face it,
we are the people, one needs to be spiritually qualified, which represents a chasm ...[text shortened]... position of responsibility/decision
making, which you yourself introduced into the discussion.
Again, how would the political decisions of how to run a country be made in a society of JW's when JW's are politically neutral?

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Again, how would the political decisions of how to run a country be made in a society of JW's when JW's are politically neutral?
politics is your word, and a dirty word it is as well, but to answer your question, how
are decisions rendered at present, by committees of qualified men, none of which are
running for political office. We remain politically neutral.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 12

politics is your word, and a dirty word it is as well, but to answer your question, how
are decisions rendered at present, by committees of qualified men, none of which are
running for political office. We remain politically neutral.
It's not my word, it's the standard definition of the word. πŸ™„

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

It's not my word, it's the standard definition of the word. πŸ™„
There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

πŸ˜€

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Nov 12

Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

πŸ˜€
How are decisions made within the JW governing body?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Nov 12

Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

πŸ˜€
You've had 2 days to explain the point blank questions i, and others have, asked yet all you have proffered is dodges, deflections and red herrings. Oh well, what else did i expect? See you over the board.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

You've had 2 days to explain the point blank questions i, and others have, asked yet all you have proffered is dodges, deflections and red herrings. Oh well, what else did i expect? See you over the board.
I have given reference, an example, stated that decisions are rendered by committees
of qualified men, demonstrated that not all who are involved in civil government are
politicising and raised the thought provoking issue of how persons are qualified for
rendering decisions. I have made reference with example to human resource,
organisation, education, cooperation, infrastructure, construction, distribution, qualified
persons rendering services, you called the tune and it was answered.

Moves
06 Nov 12

I have given reference, an example, stated that decisions are rendered by committees
of qualified men, demonstrated that not all who are involved in civil government are
politicising and raised the thought provoking issue of how persons are qualified for
rendering decisions. I have made reference with example to human resource,
organisation, ...[text shortened]... , distribution, qualified
persons rendering services, you called the tune and it was answered.
how is it decided who gets to sit on the committees?

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
how is it decided who gets to sit on the committees?
an excellent question, those who are spiritually qualified.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Nov 12

an excellent question, those who are spiritually qualified.
How is that decided and by whom?

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by divegeester
How is that decided and by whom?
the qualifications are Biblical and its decided upon by persons who have already met those qualifications.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

So you think your voting really makes a differance especially with this election for Prez?
It's the electorial college votes that determines who gets in and that's usually decided in the first two time zones. All you need is I think 270 and once that's done it doesn't matter about the popular votes you make. I heard today that 4 out of 5 votes cast by the public actually count.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
So you think your voting really makes a differance especially with this election for Prez?
It's the electorial college votes that determines who gets in and that's usually decided in the first two time zones. All you need is I think 270 and once that's done it doesn't matter about the popular votes you make. I heard today that 4 out of 5 votes cast by the public actually count.
So you are one of those who thinks his vote doesn't count anyway.

P.S. It is sure not to count if you do not vote.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

It is probably a good thing the JWs don't vote, since they would just vote the way the Watchtower tells them to vote. The next thing you know, blood transfusions would be done away with for everyone. No telling what other weird laws they would put in place.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is probably a good thing the JWs don't vote, since they would just vote the way the Watchtower tells them to vote. The next thing you know, blood transfusions would be done away with for everyone. No telling what other weird laws they would put in place.
laws like no war, love your neighbour as yourself, yeah, weirdos.