1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:00
    There should be no doubt that in the Bible, God commits evil acts that would in human standards, require an attorney. Atheists point out these evil acts to believers, and believers come to God's defense as a lawyer would. The problem is that believers in God are dealing with a dilemma: God, should be taking a plea bargain, because He is guilty.

Without having to quote numerous verses in the Bible, I will name a few:

God destroys Sodom.....including innocent children: Guilty.
    God destroys the entire planet in the Noah flood...including children. Guilty.
    God makes a bet with the devil to destroy Job, in the book of Job, and allows Job's family to be killed. Guilty.
    God hardens the heart of pharoah 10 times, and the 10th plague kills the first born children of the land. Guilty.

The point is: In human standards, God would be guilty as sin. Any good lawyer would say to God that He needs to plea bargain, because all proof shows guilt. And any good lawyer would also say to God...."Hey God, you could have avoided all this mess if you had sacrificed your Son about 5,000 years sooner....why did you wait"?

God cannot be defended people. He committed acts of evil, in human standards. When an atheist challenges believers with words from the Bible......an honest believer should just throw his hands in the air and say that he has no idea. It is only when the believer uses Bible verses to try to be God's lawyer, that the believer sounds insane. Yes, insane.

I personally believe in a Creator that I call God, but......I use the name God because it's in the Bible. However, I am beginning to think that the Bible may just be man made. We have had over 1,000 posts in the Hell issue, debating the validity of how God could set up a Hell for unbelievers that lasts for an eternity. I think that is absurd. Maybe we should take a new, fresh look at our Bible.....and the possible BS that it is, and realize that God is so much more than words in a Bible.

God cannot be defended in a court of law for the evil He lays out on mankind in our Bible. Hitler did nothing compared to our God.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:13
    Originally posted by chaney3
    There should be no doubt that in the Bible, God commits evil acts that would in human standards, require an attorney. Atheists point out these evil acts to believers, and believers come to God's defense as a lawyer would. The problem is that believers in God are dealing with a dilemma: God, should be taking a plea bargain, because He is guilty.

Without ...[text shortened]... f law for the evil He lays out on mankind in our Bible. Hitler did nothing compared to our God.
    These accusations you are making relate to elements of religious ideology that have been created by people and added to and believed in for millennia. They are stories and ideas. People should never be prosecuted or punished for ideas or beliefs, unless they result in the commission of crimes or they are used to urge others to commit crimes.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    These accusations you are making relate to elements of religious ideology that have been created by people and added to and believed in for millennia. They are stories and ideas. People should never be prosecuted or punished for ideas or beliefs, unless they result in the commission of crimes or they are used to urge others to commit crimes.
    I don't know what you are talking about. Explain yourself.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:24
    I don't know what you are talking about. Explain yourself.
    No. I said it pretty plainly. If you can't understand such a straight forward comment, then we are not going to get very far. Not to worry.

If you want to see some figures featured in mythological stories prosecuted in some hypothetical dimension, all you are doing is creating some new quasi-religious ideology of your own ~ replete with the same superstition and supernaturalism that renders the phenomenon you are criticizing incoherent in the first place.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I said it pretty plainly. If you can't understand such a straight forward comment, then we are not going to get very far. Not to worry.

If you want to see some figures featured in mythological stories prosecuted in some hypothetical dimension, all you are doing is creating some new quasi-religious ideology of your own ~ replete with the same superstition ...[text shortened]... d supernaturalism that renders the phenomenon you are criticizing incoherent in the first place.
    You are truly talking babble here. I read in a different thread that your children or grandchildren have just completed communion. I don't know if you are a believer or an atheist......but, my point was made in my opening statement. If you would like to speak clear words, please do so. What you have said so far is BS.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:34
    You are truly talking babble here. I read in a different thread that your children or grandchildren have just completed communion. I don't know if you are a believer or an atheist......but, my point was made in my opening statement. If you would like to speak clear words, please do so. What you have said so far is BS.
    Oh no it isn't. 😛
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh no it isn't. 😛
    Hey FMF, I have followed closely the debates in all forums here. You have drilled Lemonlime on his beliefs regarding the torture of an eternal hell. Don't act like an idiot now. What I said in my opening statement should ring true to all atheists and believers alike. It is a very big problem. Posters like Zahalini (wrong spelling, sorry) have a very good point to make, our God is an a-hole and a terrorist, and anyone that defends His acts seems like a moron.

To Ghost: I am the man flailing about in the water. I have no choice, I believe in a Creator, which you do not, but it doesn't mean I don't believe. My apologies for the moron comment.....I had a dozen pints in me, and was feeling no pain.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:50
    Hey FMF, I have followed closely the debates in all forums here. You have drilled Lemonlime on his beliefs regarding the torture of an eternal hell. Don't act like an idiot now..
    I have drilled lemon lime about his beliefs regarding eternal torture but I haven't been so daft as to drill the God figure he imagines. I hold lemon lime and others personally responsible for what they claim to be true, I have never tried to hold their God figures responsible for it. You say you have followed what I have said in debates closely. That seems not to be the case.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:56
    God is an a-hole and a terrorist, and anyone that defends His acts seems like a moron.
    There are plenty of intelligent people who are able rationalize the actions of the supernatural figures in their religions' folklore. It's just silly to try to dismiss them all as "morons". "A-hole and a terrorists" are humans and they should be prosecuted for any crimes they actually commit, with or without them having religious motivations. You can't prosecute ideas, folk stories, beliefs, thoughts, metaphors, myths and mythical figures. They are all completely harmless until they cause people to do harm through actions that are not morally sound.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 05:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have drilled lemon lime about his beliefs regarding eternal torture but I haven't been so daft as to drill the God figure he imagines. I hold lemon lime and others personally responsible for what they claim to be true, I have never tried to hold their God figures responsible for it. You say you have followed what I have said in debates closely. That seems not to be the case.
    Wrong FMF, I have followed more than you realize. You have asked the question, "If a person does NOT believe in eternal torture, does that mean he must discard the rest of the Bible"? The point I made in my opening statement: At some point, a person must come to the conclusion that the Bible may be just a mere 'book' made by men.

But, your children who just completed communion would be idiots and fools, right? You are a hypocrite FMF. You challenge the Bible on this forum, then adore your children in private. I have no interest in your beliefs, you are a hypocrite.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:09
    Wrong FMF, I have followed more than you realize. You have asked the question, "If a person does NOT believe in eternal torture, does that mean he must discard the rest of the Bible"?
    That's right. I am interested in the ideology and those that propagate it. I am not scared or threatened by the ideology because I believe it to be a ghasty figment of mankind's imagination. If you think I somehow find "God" guilty of the ideology that humans propagate, then you have not really understood a word I've said in any of the debates you claim to have "followed closely".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:10
    But, your children who just completed communion would be idiots and fools, right? You are a hypocrite FMF. You challenge the Bible on this forum, then adore your children in private. I have no interest in your beliefs, you are a hypocrite.
    What on earth are you on about?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are plenty of intelligent people who are able rationalize the actions of the supernatural figures in their religions' folklore. It's just silly to try to dismiss them all as "morons". "A-hole and a terrorists" are humans and they should be prosecuted for any crimes they actually commit, with or without them having religious motivations. You can't prosecut ...[text shortened]... mpletely harmless until they cause people to do harm through actions that are not morally sound.
    A challenge for FMF then: I have no idea what you believe. Can you tell me what your belief is then? Do you believe in God? Are you willing to defend God in the seemingly endless accounts of His destruction of humanity, and children? Atheists have a very valid point. They hold us accountable for God's actions, and it is my belief that no human lawyer can defend God. Can you? Jerk.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:17
    A challenge for FMF then: I have no idea what you believe. Can you tell me what your belief is then? Do you believe in God? Are you willing to defend God in the seemingly endless accounts of His destruction of humanity, and children? Atheists have a very valid point. They hold us accountable for God's actions, and it is my belief that no human lawyer can defend God. Can you? Jerk.
    I have written more than 37,000 posts on these forums and probably 27,000 on this Spirituality Forum alone over the last however many years it's been. If you've "followed closely" any significant number of them then you'll know pretty much what my take is on theist ideologies as well as what my own beliefs are.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Jun '15 06:17
    Looks like FMF got a hold of the tail of a tiger. lol Hilarious!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree