1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 05:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You tell me that when I state my beliefs I am trash talking.

In other words my beliefs are trash.
    If likening a non-believer to the most heinous and evil character in your entire mythology (in which the non-believer doesn't even believe) is not for their benefit, and it's not for your own benefit, then what is it for and why do you do it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 05:17
    You complain when I tell you your beliefs are trash. You are a hypocrite.
    This is not true. I have never complained to you for telling me my beliefs are trash. There is no hypocrisy on my part. This thread isn't about hypocrisy. It's about the purpose of things.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 06:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are some Christians in this community who quite often resort to likening non-Christian members of the community (and even, on occasions, fellow Christians too) to "Satan" etc. Having been a Christian, I know full well that it's probably the 'meanest' barb a Christian can come up with.

Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they [b]don't[/b ...[text shortened]... l their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?
    I can think of worse.

A "Bruce-Springsteen listening, Barbara Streisand loving, Oprah Winfrey watching, libtard".
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 07:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are some Christians in this community who quite often resort to likening non-Christian members of the community (and even, on occasions, fellow Christians too) to "Satan" etc. Having been a Christian, I know full well that it's probably the 'meanest' barb a Christian can come up with.

Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they [b]don't[/b ...[text shortened]... l their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?
    As a recipient or much of that invective, I don't think it is driven by a fear of damnation at all. It is just last resort vindictiveness.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 08:41
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I can think of worse.

A "Bruce-Springsteen listening, Barbara Streisand loving, Oprah Winfrey watching, libtard".
    Gosh. Steady on! 😲
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 10:12

Your grasp of English is sadly lacking - this post is an example of trash talk, but I am not calling my belief that you don't understand English trash. I am trashing you, not me.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 10:40

You complain when I tell you your beliefs are trash.

You are a hypocrite.
    The accusation of hypocrisy is often thrown around by those who do not even understand its meaning.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 10:53
    Originally posted by FMF

"Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they don't do the superstitious trash talk thing in public, against people who don't believe in it, then they might lose their "salvation" and their "immortality"?"

No.

"Are all their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?"

No.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 11:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they don't do the superstitious trash talk thing in public, against people who don't believe in it, then they might lose their "salvation" and their "immortality"?"

No.

"Are all their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?"

No.[/b]
    So, in your view, what is the purpose?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 12:11
    According to the Bible, you are either a Child of God or a Child of Satan.

Take it up with the big guy if you don't like it.
    Indeed Jesus himself used terms like 'offspring of vipers', 'cave of robbers' and 'whitewashed graves full of dead men's bones'. He used illustrations which likened genuine Christians to 'wheat' and counterfeit ones to 'weeds'.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 12:12
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I can think of worse.

😀
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 12:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Indeed Jesus himself used terms like 'offspring of vipers', 'cave of robbers' and 'whitewashed graves full of dead men's bones'. He used illustrations which likened genuine Christians to 'wheat' and counterfeit ones to 'weeds'.
    While Jesus used those terms,I would be very hesitant to conclude that people in general can use it or use it myself, mostly because I/we do not know the heart and mind of a man and what he is about. Jesus knows and therefore he can judge.

The Bible also demonstrates that there are some who profess to be sons of God but are in fact sons of Satan and they can and do fool many.

So a good rule of thumb is not to use it at all and let Jesus judge people.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 13:08
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    While Jesus used those terms,I would be very hesitant to conclude that people in general can use it or use it myself, mostly because I/we do not know the heart and mind of a man and what he is about. Jesus knows and therefore he can judge.

The Bible also demonstrates that there are some who profess to be sons of God but are in fact sons of Satan and they ...[text shortened]... and do fool many.

So a good rule of thumb is not to use it at all and let Jesus judge people.
    Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, “My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day.” At this the high priest Ananias ordered those standing near Paul to strike him on the mouth. Then Paul said to him, “God will strike you, you whitewashed wall!

Paul did not have the power to know a mans heart like Christ and yet here he is, trash talking.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 13:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, “My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day.” At this the high priest Ananias ordered those standing near Paul to strike him on the mouth. Then Paul said to him, “God will strike you, you whitewashed wall!

Paul did not have the power to know a mans heart like Christ and yet here he is, trash talking.
    When RHP Christian members trash talk, who's it for? It can't be for non-believers who just find it to be nonsense. Is it to please the Christian god figure? Is it for personal satisfaction? Is it a pose struck for other believers?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '17 13:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Your grasp of English is sadly lacking - this post is an example of trash talk, but I am not calling my belief that you don't understand English trash. I am trashing you, not me.
    Yeah, my mind runs faster than my fingers on this phone and I dont always bother to edit posts on an iternet board.

But thanks for taking the time to be an an English Nazi.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree