1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are some Christians in this community who quite often resort to likening non-Christian members of the community (and even, on occasions, fellow Christians too) to "Satan" etc. Having been a Christian, I know full well that it's probably the 'meanest' barb a Christian can come up with.

Is it that they are, on some level, worried that if they [b]don't[/b ...[text shortened]... l their mythology-referencing condemnations just part of them trying to please their god figure?
    Funny you should make this thread. I have one in mind of a similar idea.

I would like to see the Christians put their faith where their mouths are. Think about that, Christians boast of "Love God" "Love your neighbor as yourself" and where are you. Have I not tried to explain this very thing to all of you? The Christians (at least on this forum) are their own worst enemies.

I will tell you, from what i see here, there are more non- Christians in Heaven than Christians.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:36
    Originally posted by Eladar
    But you believe I must agree with what you believe to be trash talk .
    You can put the words 'trash' and 'talk' to one side if you need to ~ I don't mind ~ and then answer the question. I don't believe there is any such person or figure as "Satan". So when you declare that I am this character's "child", what is the point of doing that? Is it for your own benefit - the benefit of fellow Christians - the benefit of your god figure... who?
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:36
    According to the Bible, you are either a Child of God or a Child of Satan.

Take it up with the big guy if you don't like it.
    You dodged the question.

So, what is a child of God to you, and what is a child of satan? By the way, there are no children in hell.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:38
    Just calling a spade a spade.

A child of Satan's opinion is without worth, unless one wants to defy God and go to hell.
    So the "Christians" who defy the teachings of God are what?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:39
    Originally posted by Pudgenik

I would like to see the Christians put their faith where their mouths are. Think about that, Christians boast of "Love God" "Love your neighbor as yourself" and where are you. Have I not tried to explain this very thing to all of you? The Christians (at least on this forum) are the ...[text shortened]... I will tell you, from what i see here, there are more non- Christians in Heaven than Christians.
    And you know because....

Last time I checked God made the call not us.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:40
    So the "Christians" who defy the teachings of God are what?
    In need of a savior?

Name one who is perfect. How are you doing with that log?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:43
    You dodged the question.

So, what is a child of God to you, and what is a child of satan? By the way, there are no children in hell.
    You know there are no children in hell because...

As for who is a child of Satan and who is a Child of God, the child of God agrees with God about what is right and wrong and forgives others so his or her sins can be forgiven.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    You can put the words 'trash' and 'talk' to one side if you need to ~ I don't mind ~ and then answer the question. I don't believe there is any such person or figure as "Satan". So when you declare that I am this character's "child", what is the point of doing that? Is it for your own benefit - the benefit of fellow Christians - the benefit of your god figure... who?
    You don't have to agree with others about Satan. Just know that they rightfully give your beliefs as much validity as you give theirs.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Clearly I will never be as Holy as Raj or divegeester or Suzzianne.
    All we have is our trust in our saviour. I mean really, that's all we have. We can't make ourselves holy now can we?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:50

I would like to see the Christians put their faith where their mouths are. Think about that, Christians boast of "Love God" "Love your neighbor as yourself" and where are you. Have I not tried to explain this very thing to all of you? The Christians (at least on this forum) are the ...[text shortened]... I will tell you, from what i see here, there are more non- Christians in Heaven than Christians.
    I put my faith in Jesus.

You should read the Bible sometime. Jesus said some pretty harsh stuff to a few hypocrites.

If you want nice read Dr. Suess.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:51
    In need of a savior?

Name one who is perfect. How are you doing with that log?
    In need of a savior, this is your answer to what it takes to be a child of God. Well that is everyone in the world.

What about having compassion for others - friends, enemies, others you don't know.
    Isn't having compassion part of what God seeks from us? And what of those who don't know God as you do? FMF has great compassion for others, do you think God is just going to forget him. "It doesn't matter, he didn't know my son; he never spoke my name; he didn't worship me on Sunday: blah, blah blah. " . So because of this you are saying, it is "to Hell with you" . You have become a self righteous Christian, and i shake the dust off my sandals to you.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:53
    You don't have to agree with others about Satan. Just know that they rightfully give your beliefs as much validity as you give theirs.
    I don't expect you to agree with me that the stories your religion is underpinned by are a mythology. That's fine. And we can disagree about the use of the word superstitious if you want [although I simply take it to mean a belief in supernatural causality, don't you too?] but what is the point of you saying to me that I am supposedly a "child" of "Satan"? It's obviously not for my benefit. It's for someone else's. Whose?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:54
    In need of a savior, this is your answer to what it takes to be a child of God. Well that is everyone in the world.

What about having compassion for others - friends, enemies, others you don't know.
    Isn't having compassion part of what God seeks from us? And what of those who don't know God as you do? FMF has great compassion for others, do you think G ...[text shortened]... h you" . You have become a self righteous Christian, and i shake the dust off my sandals to you.
    Read the quote I was responding to.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't expect you to agree with me that the stories your religion is underpinned by are a mythology. That's fine. And we can disagree about the use of the word superstitious if you want [although I simply take it to mean a belief in supernatural causality, don't you too?] but what is the point of you saying to me that I am supposedly a "child" of "Satan"? It's obviously not for my benefit. It's for someone else's. Whose?
    Obviously you do since you refused to see my exlanation as an explanation.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 00:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    I put my faith in Jesus.

You should read the Bible sometime. Jesus said some pretty harsh stuff to a few hypocrites.

If you want nice read Dr. Suess.
    Does God change? Does time and space have any meaning to God?

Jesus says, "no one can go to the Father but through me" .

Enoch and Elijah both went to Heaven. How did they know Jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree