1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 07:381 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no i mean principles

treat older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, wifes like our own bodies is based on a principle Fabian, that of mutual respect

let me ask you at this point, what do you think of that statement? the Biblical one that is?
    You treat women as women - inferiourally. If that is the JW principle, then you admit that women are discriminated in JW. Not news for me.

I think Jesus put it quite well: "Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself." This mean that any elder wanting respect should give respect. This is mutal respect. That its not the case if he denies women the right to become elders.

Funny you mentionned mutual respect. Do you think you really give me the same respect as you want from me? I don't think so. You give the impression that you are superiour in your opinion. In fact, superiour to anyone not sharing your opinions. Exactly like Visva, very Vedic.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 08:29
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ridiculous.

Have you ever even read the Bible?

If you were female you'd be offended by what? Respect?

I'm getting sick and tired of your knee jerk replies in this forum. Why don't you go learn something? 😕
    Yes it is restricted to what a mother or a sisiter should do. Not all elderly women are mothers.
    etc.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 14:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You treat women as women - inferiourally. If that is the JW principle, then you admit that women are discriminated in JW. Not news for me.

I think Jesus put it quite well: "Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself." This mean that any elder wanting respect should give respect. This is mutal respect. That its not the case if he denies women ...[text shortened]... nion. In fact, superiour to anyone not sharing your opinions. Exactly like Visva, very Vedic.
    why dont you comment on the text instead of acting like a complete bozo and trumpeting your opinions as if they were some kind of god given truth? It has now become apparent to me that you are incapable of doing so, its just like so beyond you to make a simple comment, like yes they are fine principles, yes i could see how that would work, yes it would build mutual respect, instead, all we get is a megalomaniac trumpeting unsubstantiated and prejudicial opinions. You really should change your name to Gonzo the great, he opened the Muppet show with a similar sounding trumpet blast!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 14:04
    Ridiculous.

Have you ever even read the Bible?

If you were female you'd be offended by what? Respect?

I'm getting sick and tired of your knee jerk replies in this forum. Why don't you go learn something? 😕
    because Joseph that would take a little effort!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 14:52
    why dont you comment on the text instead of acting like a complete bozo and trumpeting your opinions as if they were some kind of god given truth? It has now become apparent to me that you are incapable of doing so, its just like so beyond you to make a simple comment, like yes they are fine principles, yes i could see how that would work, yes it wo ...[text shortened]... e your name to Gonzo the great, he opened the Muppet show with a similar sounding trumpet blast!
    What is their to comment that I haven't commented before? I've commented your tradition of discriminating women, is there more to comment?

You are very keen of insulting, aren't you. Yet you are very sensible of insults yourself. I don't get it? Do you like to insult, then you have to take insults too.
    Did Jesus insult others? No, I don't think so. Then your low behaviour make yourself very un-christian. Are there a lot of un-christian people in the JW?

Tell me when you want respect from me. Then you have to start to give respect. Becaue now, you have turned to a level low as kinder-garten.

Now, in a civil manner, please, tell me what I have forgotten to comment.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 15:10
    What is their to comment that I haven't commented before? I've commented your tradition of discriminating women, is there more to comment?

You are very keen of insulting, aren't you. Yet you are very sensible of insults yourself. I don't get it? Do you like to insult, then you have to take insults too.
    Did Jesus insult others? No, I don't think so. Th ...[text shortened]... kinder-garten.

Now, in a civil manner, please, tell me what I have forgotten to comment.
    this is how it goes Fabian, the anatomy of our debates,

Robbie: Fabian would you comment on this principle

Fabian: You are discriminating against women

Robbie: Please the principle Fabian, what do you think of the principle

Fabian: you are discriminating against women and are Taliban

Robbie: For the last time Fabian, what do you think of the principle

Fabian, its well known you are discriminating against women, you should be ashamed

Robbie: what does the Bible say fabian

Fabian: the Bible says nothing about driving cars, does that mean women should not drive cars

Robbie: ok, what about the principle that i did state, that actually is in the Bible

Fabian: You are discriminating against women, you are Taliban and homophobic

Robbie: i think you are incapable of answering in a simple and unaffected way

Fabian: you are discriminating against women, Taliban, homophobic and a Nazi

Robbie: for goodness sake will you just comment on the principle

Fabian: you are getting personal, do you want to be my friend or not

Robbie: i give up!
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 20:38
    because Joseph that would take a little effort!
    Why read the bible? Why not look at the christians around us practicing these guidelines from the bible?
    Seems you dont mind josephw's support even though the JW's aren't christians the way he is.

Whats more, this was no knee-jerk reaction post.
    Other than having started a positive thread about christian women I would like to tell you all that my close sister was once married to a JW. And they visited his gradparents place and stayed there a week.
    After my sisters experience of JW's in action, she would definately say that she broke up with him because she felt he was too controlling.
    Having seen how the grandparents acted out this philosophy she thought they were way too restrictive on the way she should behave as their grandsons new wife..
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 22:14

Robbie: For the last time Fabian, what do you think ...[text shortened]... le

Now you are dishonest, robbie. Are you tought like this of your elders, or do you jsut have it in you? I think you would be tought better by female elders, so called elderesses.

But I like the last remark: "I give up!" Can I trust you on that?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 22:451 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why read the bible? Why not look at the christians around us practicing these guidelines from the bible?
    Seems you dont mind josephw's support even though the JW's aren't christians the way he is.

Whats more, this was no knee-jerk reaction post.
    Other than having started a positive thread about christian women I would like to tell you all that my c ght they were way too restrictive on the way she should behave as their grandsons new wife..
    "Why read the bible?"

Whatever you do don't look at anyone else. If you do you will be sorely disappointed.

You don't realize it but the "Bible" and the "Word of God" are synonymous. The book we call the Bible contains the Word of God.

Of course you don't believe that. You believe all roads lead to Rome. Your going to miss the train when it leaves the station friend.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him(YOU), I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

It's cut and dry. You have no choice but to believe it or deny it.

Edit: By the way, robbie and I know God's Word the Bible. We disagree on an important point, but that's between he and I.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '10 23:50
    Now you are dishonest, robbie. Are you tought like this of your elders, or do you jsut have it in you? I think you would be tought better by female elders, so called elderesses.

But I like the last remark: "I give up!" Can I trust you on that?
    dont worry Fabian, your continuing education is a matter of concern to me, i wont give up on you old friend!
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 00:01

Robbie: For the last time Fabian, what do you think ...[text shortened]... le

Lol.... Can't get any clearer then that Robbie.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 00:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Lol.... Can't get any clearer then that Robbie.
    Perhaps you can help himexplain the matter, Galve, as he fails to do that himself.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 00:17

I think Jesus put it quite well: "Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself." This mean that any elder wanting respect should give respect. This is mutal respect. That its not the case if he denies women ...[text shortened]... nion. In fact, superiour to anyone not sharing your opinions. Exactly like Visva, very Vedic.
    If we discriminate because we don't appoint women as elders then Jesus disciminated too. He appointed no women ever as elders or in any position of oversight in any congregation. If churches today choose to do that then they are overstepping the examples Jesus gave when establishing the early congregations. Nothing in the Bible ever points to women holding those positions...No disrespect implied.

1 Timothy 2:11-12 (New International Version, ©2010)
    11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet.

This scripture is saying for a women to be quite in a spiritual sense of teaching in front of a congregation. No disrespect implied.

1 Corinthians 11:3 (New International Version, ©2010)
    3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God.

This is very clear. GOD has made this arrangment and we have no authority to change this no matter what the world we live in now wants. No disrespect implied.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 01:25
    [b]"Why read the bible?"

Whatever you do don't look at anyone else. If you do you will be sorely disappointed.

You don't realize it but the "Bible" and the "Word of God" are synonymous. The book we call the Bible contains the Word of God.

Of course you don't believe that. You believe all roads lead to Rome. Your going to miss the train when it ...[text shortened]... od's Word the Bible. We disagree on an important point, but that's between he and I.[/b]
    Look you've taken that out of context.
    I was specifically alluding to how women are treated, hence my comment.
    I think it better to see how those biblical principles are played out to determine what merit they have.

I can see where you to agree, thnx.

I have read the bible, but only once and would not feel very confident discussing matters from it, so I dont.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 01:29
    dont worry Fabian, your continuing education is a matter of concern to me, i wont give up on you old friend!
    He's an old friend now, is he? Lol 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree