1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 01:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If we discriminate because we don't appoint women as elders then Jesus disciminated too. He appointed no women ever as elders or in any position of oversight in any congregation. If churches today choose to do that then they are overstepping the examples Jesus gave when establishing the early congregations. Nothing in the Bible ever points to women holdi ...[text shortened]... authority to change this no matter what the world we live in now wants. No disrespect implied.
    So you dont think any of the biblical writers PURPOSEFULLY left out women who were in power? (Probably to secure their own power)

Anyone come across these supposed glaring omissions before? I have, but for the moment cant think of where a good refrence was...
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 01:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So you dont think any of the biblical writers PURPOSEFULLY left out women who were in power? (Probably to secure their own power)

Anyone come across these supposed glaring omissions before? I have, but for the moment cant think of where a good refrence was...
    Well if one believes in the Bible and believes it's from God then no, nothing is missing. God has it written exactly the way he wants or he would have had it written diffrently.
    But if one does not believe in the Bible in part or in whole then one could come up with myriads of things they think should be in there.
    But one cannot rearange the Bible to fit what they believe or prefer it to be. You have to take it for what it is or one would best look else where for guidance.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 02:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well if one believes in the Bible and believes it's from God then no, nothing is missing. God has it written exactly the way he wants or he would have had it written diffrently.
    But if one does not believe in the Bible in part or in whole then one could come up with myriads of things they think should be in there.
    But one cannot rearange the Bible to ...[text shortened]... er it to be. You have to take it for what it is or one would best look else where for guidance.
    "God has it written...." , very clever choice of words. I would have thought you were going to say "God has written it..", but no...touche🙂

Nevertheless, it would be very naive of anyone to think the bible was not altered . At least slightly, but I think there were more wholesale changes.
  4. weedhopper
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 04:01
    As we all know, Paul wrote much about women keeping silent at church and asking her questions to her husband when she got home. Since there were women who were considered prophetesses, how they could remain silent and still get their messages across has always been a conundrum to me, but be that as it may...

It should be recalled that Jesus did NOT utter those words--Paul (a man of somewhat less gravitas than Christ the Lord). We also know the world has changed. If we had to count on only men to teach Sunday School Classes, we'd have to shut the doors.

So, to wrap up, there are things in the Bible that women would rightfully consider to be NOT respectful.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 04:46
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    As we all know, Paul wrote much about women keeping silent at church and asking her questions to her husband when she got home. Since there were women who were considered prophetesses, how they could remain silent and still get their messages across has always been a conundrum to me, but be that as it may...

It should be recalled that Jesus did NOT utt ...[text shortened]... ap up, there are things in the Bible that women would rightfully consider to be NOT respectful.
    quite simply because the engaged in a public ministry,you have heard about preaching and teaching the good news of Gods Kingdom? how anyone can read the Bible and fail to understand its import is quite beyond me.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 06:07
    "God has it written...." , very clever choice of words. I would have thought you were going to say "God has written it..", but no...touche🙂

Nevertheless, it would be very naive of anyone to think the bible was not altered . At least slightly, but I think there were more wholesale changes.
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/200711/article_01.htm

Please check this out. Thanks.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 08:22
    He's an old friend now, is he? Lol 😛
    If he treats every 'old friend' as rudely as he treats me (and others not sharing his twisted views), then I'm not surprised that he doesn't have any friends outside the JW.

I usually say that when you have to use insults instead of arguments in a discussion, then you have ultimately lost the discussion. He cannot stand the thought that he is wrong, so he uses insults to save his face. He failed here. Too.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 14:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If he treats every 'old friend' as rudely as he treats me (and others not sharing his twisted views), then I'm not surprised that he doesn't have any friends outside the JW.

I usually say that when you have to use insults instead of arguments in a discussion, then you have ultimately lost the discussion. He cannot stand the thought that he is wrong, so he uses insults to save his face. He failed here. Too.
    i show you some kindness Fabian and you tear it up and throw it back in my face, well, gee thanks for that, just as well i am the forgiving kind!
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 15:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i show you some kindness Fabian and you tear it up and throw it back in my face, well, gee thanks for that, just as well i am the forgiving kind!
    I reached out my hand to you so many times I cannot coutn them. You persistently insults me whenever you feel that I don't agree with you, or don't understand my arguments.

I forgive you numerous times, and I take inults from you deliberately, just for learning about JW and your christian beliefs. When you don't have anymore to teach me, when you have emptied your knowledge, when you don't have anything more than insults, then why would I continue to debate with you?

I've given up with Vishva, he is also a fundamentalists, and he like a parrot, repeat his insults to everyone who doesn't willingly swallow his dogmas. That's why I have started to compare you with Vishna.

Do you want to continue debating with me? Then you have to stop insulting me. Because when you do, you have automatically lost the discussion. You also have to take my questions seriously, and not chose which ones of the questions you want to answer, and forget all of the others.

It's your choise.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 16:00
    I've found christian men to be preachy and "down looking" on me.
    So much is said in the body language. They say they care for me and that Jesus loves me, (they wouldn't say THEY like or love me, I bet), but I just get a whole heap of nonsense in the end. Sometimes they have their women or wives present. The women just stay in the background, not wanti ...[text shortened]... tween chrsitan males and females, or do I just keep running into the wrong christian men?
    I also prefer Christian women to Christian men:
    http://www.funnyhype.com/files/funny-pictures/2010/catholic-school-girls.jpg
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 16:18
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I also prefer Christian women to Christian men:
    http://www.funnyhype.com/files/funny-pictures/2010/catholic-school-girls.jpg
    They don't allow girls to wear high heels in catholic school. You'd give the nuns a good gasping eye-opening, and then you'd surely suffer the consequences. Sneakers and knee-socks, usually.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 16:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    They don't allow girls to wear high heels in catholic school. You'd give the nuns a good gasping eye-opening, and then you'd surely suffer the consequences. Sneakers and knee-socks, usually.
    Boo! 😠
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 17:14
    I reached out my hand to you so many times I cannot coutn them. You persistently insults me whenever you feel that I don't agree with you, or don't understand my arguments.

I forgive you numerous times, and I take inults from you deliberately, just for learning about JW and your christian beliefs. When you don't have anymore to teach me, when you have ...[text shortened]... of the questions you want to answer, and forget all of the others.

It's your choise.
    Lol, touching!
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, touching!
    Then, I gather, you decline.
    You deny the words of Jesus: "Love your enemies".
    Whenever you want to change your behaviour, just say so, and we can continue to have a good debate climate.
    Go and insult others. But know that you set a standard of how JW are. Insutlts instead of sound discussion. Have you learned this from your elders? You would learn a lot of female elders.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 22:04
    Then, I gather, you decline.
    You deny the words of Jesus: "Love your enemies".
    Whenever you want to change your behaviour, just say so, and we can continue to have a good debate climate.
    Go and insult others. But know that you set a standard of how JW are. Insutlts instead of sound discussion. Have you learned this from your elders? You would learn a lot of female elders.
    you are not my enemy, as far as insults are concerned i can find only two, one referring to you as a bozo and the other a mild form of humour making reference to you as Gonzo the great, trumpeter for the Muppets. If these have offended you then i withdraw them and will in future be more careful in my use of descriptive terms. I wish you Fabian much happiness and success - regards Robbie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree