Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. 03 Dec '10 03:22
    i am really thinking about becoming a christian. any advice?
    send as a pm. these threads get ripped apart.
  2. Standard member Agerg
    The 'edit'or
    03 Dec '10 03:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rcklein
    i am really thinking about becoming a christian. any advice?
    send as a pm. these threads get ripped apart.
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "thinking about becoming a Christian" Does that mean your state of belief at present is undecided, belief in a different god, or no belief in gods and just fancy a change???
  3. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    03 Dec '10 03:53
    Originally posted by rcklein
    i am really thinking about becoming a christian. any advice?
    send as a pm. these threads get ripped apart.
    take a number...
    (sorry, thats advice from a non-christian)
  4. 03 Dec '10 03:55
    Originally posted by Agerg
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "thinking about becoming a Christian" Does that mean your state of belief at present is undecided, belief in a different god, or no belief in gods and just fancy a change???
    it means i want to believe and be a part of something bigger
  5. Standard member Agerg
    The 'edit'or
    03 Dec '10 04:00
    Originally posted by rcklein
    it means i want to believe and be a part of something bigger
    I see...so you fancy the blue pill then; fair enough :]
  6. 03 Dec '10 04:02
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I see...so you fancy the blue pill then; fair enough :]
    not sure what that means

    my mom is extremely intelligent

    she says there's no reason to believe in god
  7. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    03 Dec '10 04:04
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I see...so you fancy the blue pill then; fair enough :]
    glad you picked up on that...
  8. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    03 Dec '10 04:05
    Originally posted by rcklein
    not sure what that means

    my mom is extremely intelligent

    she says there's no reason to believe in god
    Is she a bhuddist? 😀
  9. 03 Dec '10 04:05
    no she's atheist
  10. Standard member Agerg
    The 'edit'or
    03 Dec '10 04:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rcklein
    not sure what that means

    my mom is extremely intelligent

    she says there's no reason to believe in god
    I agree with your mother...but since you seem to have your heart set on Christian God perhaps I should suggest, before you make any rash decisions, a nicer shade of blue might be Islam; they offer 72 virgins* in paradise...not too shabby!!! :]


    *No guarantees on quality of said virgins however...caveat emptor
  11. 03 Dec '10 04:14
    Originally posted by rcklein
    i am really thinking about becoming a christian. any advice?
    send as a pm. these threads get ripped apart.
    Ask, seek, knock. Just make sure it's on the right door. [Hint: most of these doors are off their hinges.]
  12. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    03 Dec '10 04:15
    Originally posted by rcklein
    no she's atheist
    my father was the athiest, and he seemed more intelligent. My mother goes to church.
    Still, I think bhuddism is a nice flavour, but I'm not one of those eithier.
  13. Standard member Agerg
    The 'edit'or
    03 Dec '10 04:22
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Ask, seek, knock. Just make sure it's on the right door. [Hint: most of these doors are off their hinges.]
    ^
    |

    His door probably has a goat behind it
  14. 03 Dec '10 04:34
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I agree with your mother...but since you seem to have your heart set on Christian God perhaps I should suggest, before you make any rash decisions, a nicer shade of blue might be Islam; they offer 72 virgins* in paradise...not too shabby!!! :]


    *No guarantees on quality of said virgins however...caveat emptor
    lol im a chick. they don't offer me anything as far as i know
  15. 03 Dec '10 06:27
    Originally posted by rcklein
    lol im a chick. they don't offer me anything as far as i know
    You might get to be one of the virgins?