Steady on!
    coming from you, thats a crack up!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 08:01
    Originally posted by rcklein
    lol im a chick...
    You should have mentioned this is your "does anyone want to be my friend" thread in General, you would have got a much better response irrespective of whether you are or not - most of these string-vesters here don't care as long as you stick a decent photo of a hot babe in your profile pic - like mine for example.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 10:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Is she a bhuddist? 😀

no she's atheist
    Aren't bhuddists atheists?
    They don't believe in any god, do they?
    Because Bhudda himself isn't a god...
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 21:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Aren't bhuddists atheists?
    They don't believe in any god, do they?
    Because Bhudda himself isn't a god...
    I dont know, seems there is no that much real difference in their beliefs except that bhuddists believe in self-realization
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 16:13
    not sure what that means

my mom is extremely intelligent

she says there's no reason to believe in god
    he is mocking you.

my advice is read the bible and the quran. stay away from mormonism and scientology. cannibalism and voodo is sucky as well. buddhism is not so much a religion but a philosophy though i don't know much about it. i hear good things about it though.

and one last advice. if you are a good person, it mostly doesn't matter what you choose. from my perspective as a christian, jesus will be a little dissapointed if you pick others than him and you might get a much crappier parking spot in heaven.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 18:031 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he is mocking you.

my advice is read the bible and the quran. stay away from mormonism and scientology. cannibalism and voodo is sucky as well. buddhism is not so much a religion but a philosophy though i don't know much about it. i hear good things about it though.

and one last advice. if you are a good person, it mostly doesn't matter what you choo ...[text shortened]... apointed if you pick others than him and you might get a much crappier parking spot in heaven.
    It wasn't so much mockery as it was a slightly mischeivous suggestion she seeks delusion (given she would move from a null state of belief to belief in a particular set of religions - ignoring others); this I fear was overly shrouded in metaphor so as to occlude my point from the sight of its intended recipient.

It's not actually my style to mock new people.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 18:21
    Originally posted by Agerg
    It wasn't so much mockery as it was a slightly mischeivous suggestion she seeks delusion (given she would move from a null state of belief to belief in a particular set of religions - ignoring others); this I fear was overly shrouded in metaphor so as to occlude my point from the sight of its intended recipient.

It's not actually my style to mock new people.
    well you seem to think that religion is delusion so i submit the idea that that too is a form of mockery.

would you call a dude who is certain his wife loves him delusional?
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    well you seem to think that religion is delusion so i submit the idea that that too is a form of mockery.

would you call a dude who is certain his wife loves him delusional?
    The important point here is she implied a state of non-belief in any particular religion; thus to move from this state to one particular (out of a theoretically infinite number of) formulation(s) of a god (subject to flavourings and additives) is to actively chase delusion; since as I've stated elsewhere, there is no valid way one can establish one supernatural thing is any more plausible than another supernatural thing. Of course it follows from this I do indeed regard belief in religion as delusional (more delusional than a weaker belief in some wholly undefined supernatural entity).

I wouldn't call him delusional if the cues he was biologically 'engineered' to register were appraised in a rational manner, yet led to the false conclusion his wife loved him. Wrong maybe, delusional no.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 21:421 edit
    The important point here is she implied a state of non-belief in any particular religion; thus to move from this state to one particular (out of a theoretically infinite number of) formulation(s) of a god (subject to flavourings and additives) is to actively chase delusion; since as I've stated elsewhere, there is no valid way one can establish one supernatura onal manner, yet led to the false conclusion his wife loved him. Wrong maybe, delusional no.
    there is no valid way one can establish one supernatural thing is any more plausible than another supernatural thing - Agers smagers!

I say pants !

one only need to look at the teachings of a particular religion in order to make a comparative study and use ones discernment, for the teachings are a reflection of the deity that it purports to represent.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 21:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there is no valid way one can establish one supernatural thing is any more plausible than another supernatural thing - Agers smagers!

I say pants !

one only need to look at the teachings of a particular religion in order to make a comparative study and use ones discernment, for the teachings are a reflection of the deity that it purports to represent.
    We've already discussed this one Robbie; the FSM wins.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 21:57
    We've already discussed this one Robbie; the FSM wins.
    discussed, discussed! this forum is nought but an ultimatum dispatcher!
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 23:421 edit
    discussed, discussed! this forum is nought but an ultimatum dispatcher!
    I don't know what you mean here.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 23:56
    I don't know what you mean here.
    you need to watch daffy duck and porky pig in Duck Dodgers and the twenty fourth and a half century 🙂

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1955565056/tt0376390
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 02:352 edits

I say pants !

Personal experience ,and correct intepretation of that experience, is more plausible/important than just scriptures alone. Scriptures can compliment your experiences, not the other way around.

I saw an interview with the former Cat Stevens. He says he had a "gentle spiritual experince" that made him turn to Islam.
    I just use this as a popular example of one who made a decision in his spiritual life ,and stuck to it.
    I'm not a fan of Cat or Islam (so much), but I am a fan of the apparent process he undertook to reach his conclusion about his own spirituality. Experience based on his own convictions.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 12:49
    The important point here is she implied a state of non-belief in any particular religion; thus to move from this state to one particular (out of a theoretically infinite number of) formulation(s) of a god (subject to flavourings and additives) is to actively chase delusion; since as I've stated elsewhere, there is no valid way one can establish one supernatura ...[text shortened]... onal manner, yet led to the false conclusion his wife loved him. Wrong maybe, delusional no.
    we are not trying to establish plausability, that is imposible. instead try to think of him as a man seeking spirituality, a new view on life. in this regard, you CAN compare and contrast and choose the religion that suits you better. maybe he would be more comfortable as a christian than a muslim. for that matter, his search for spirituality might even yield a "i am content with my current status" result.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree