1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 14:59
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Right. So you agree with His Divine Grace about the proper role of women, and about their prospects for spiritual growth?

http://www.prabhupadavani.org/main/Conversations/031.html

"But because women are less intelligent, they should remain dependent on first-class father, first-class husband, and first-class son. Then she is first-class. That is the inj ...[text shortened]... emain dependent on first-class father, first-class husband, and first-class son-three stages."
    Another lie.

Shocking.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 16:31
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    So what’s the solution for the errors in Christianity….I will quickly list the errors again and then offer some suggestion for rectifying the problem:

1. Jesus condemned animal slaughter and meat eating.

2. Jesus was not the Supreme Lord, but spiritual teacher.

3. The body of Jesus did not raise from the grave.

4. Jesus didn’t die to take away ...[text shortened]... ou challenge everything the professor told you, or would you enquire submissively.

more later
    Wrong
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 16:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Errors"? Funny you should call that list "errors".

I call them "lies".

And I say to you this day that if you cause even one person to fall from grace because of your lies, you will surely never ever see your "nirvana". I'm not so concerned for your soul, you seem determined to throw it away. It's the souls of those whom you confuse with your lies that I'm concerned about.
    This forum is a good place for telling it like it is.

But it the most difficult place to prove it.

That's why it is the place to be. imo
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 17:14
    I never said jesus didnt die on the cross.
    Muslims do. So are you saying that Muslims are lying? 😠
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 21:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Muslims do. So are you saying that Muslims are lying? 😠
    I didnt say jesus died on the cross or didnt die on the cross, and for me i have no prefrance in the matter, and because so much about jesus has been exaggerated then I will remain neutral on the matter.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 21:15
    ...so much about jesus has been exaggerated...
    Especially by you, in this thread!
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Right. So you agree with His Divine Grace about the proper role of women, and about their prospects for spiritual growth?

http://www.prabhupadavani.org/main/Conversations/031.html

"But because women are less intelligent, they should remain dependent on first-class father, first-class husband, and first-class son. Then she is first-class. That is the inj ...[text shortened]... emain dependent on first-class father, first-class husband, and first-class son-three stages."
    I will not discuss myself or my preferences in this forum, but I will give you some more information about it.

When Vedic civilization flourished a long time ago, women where protected by society, husband, son, brother, uncle and so on, and to day we have a thing called the Liberated women....but this is a trick by the men to make women more promiscuious, so they can get sex more easily.

Because the men have tricked the women, they are not proctecting them, and these days there is the battered wife syndrome, and women forced to work in the sex industry and women working and keeping child in paid care facility and this list could be very long.

So in Vedic culture women know their place in the home with children, but that doesnt mean forced, because they have freedom to work and have social life if they so desire, but always feel safe in vedic society with the male protection...

In previous Vedic society i would agree and so would the women, that being volunterily dependent to a first class man is acceptable.....but there will always be exceptions to the rule of course.

The women are ruled more by emotions and men are more analytical so the womens intelligence is affected by those emotions.(therefore the less intell comment)

A women who accepts the reality of God is far more intelligent than the biggest atheist scientist.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 21:30
    So in Vedic culture women know their place in the home with children, but that doesnt mean forced, because they have freedom to work and have social life if they so desire, but always feel safe in vedic society with the male protection...

The women are ruled more by emotions and men are more analytical so the womens intelligence is affected by those em ...[text shortened]... women who accepts the reality of God is far more intelligent than the biggest atheist scientist.
    LOL.

Munches popcorn....
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 22:12
    I will not discuss myself or my preferences in this forum, but I will give you some more information about it.

When Vedic civilization flourished a long time ago, women where protected by society, husband, son, brother, uncle and so on, and to day we have a thing called the Liberated women....but this is a trick by the men to make women more promiscuio ...[text shortened]... women who accepts the reality of God is far more intelligent than the biggest atheist scientist.
    Matthew 16:23

I'll let you look it up, you might learn something if you actually have to crack open a bible, instead of drawing wild conclusions about it without reading it, like you've done in other threads here.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 22:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    This forum is a good place for telling it like it is.

But it the most difficult place to prove it.

That's why it is the place to be. imo
    Thank goodness we don't need proof.

Just faith. Even just as much as the grain of mustard seed.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 22:22
    Matthew 16:23

I'll let you look it up, you might learn something if you actually have to crack open a bible, instead of drawing wild conclusions about it without reading it, like you've done in other threads here.
    The thing is i am very mindfull of the spiritual life, and I am so mindfull I will not tolerate false teachings, and remember who compiled the bible and why and how.

The Bible has only been with us for about 1700-1800 years and Vedanta has been with man for millions, and is the Original teaching and all others are substitute (and a poor substitute)

Any religion that fails to see the sacredness of animals and condones their slaughter is bogus, you know this.
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 22:321 edit

When Vedic civilization flourished a long time ago, women where protected by society, husband, son, brother, uncle and so on, and to day we have a thing called the Liberated women....but this is a trick by the men to make women more promiscuio ...[text shortened]... women who accepts the reality of God is far more intelligent than the biggest atheist scientist.
    This is a partial transcript of an interview with your Divine Grace that I found particularly interesting:

Woman reporter: You have different schools for men and women, is that correct?

Prabhupada: Yes. Man is regulated to become a first-class man, and woman is regulated to become very chaste and faithful wife.

Woman reporter: There is one more question.

Prabhupada: Then the life will be very successful. And marriage, compulsory. Marriage, compulsory.

Woman reporter: Everyone should marry?

Prabhupada: Yes. Every woman, at least, should be married. Therefore, according to Vedic conception, polygamy is allowed.

Woman reporter: Is allowed?

Prabhupada: Yes. Because every woman must be married. But every man may not be married. Therefore man has to accept more than one wife.

Woman reporter: There is one question I have for you. You say that a woman's brain is smaller than a man's.

Prabhupada: Woman?

Nitai: Woman's brain is smaller than a man's brain.

Prabhupada: Yes, that is a fact. In the history there is no woman who is a big philosopher, a big mathematician, big scientist, big educationist. We don't find. They were all men.

Woman reporter: What about women who are leaders of countries such as your own country?

Prabhupada: Well, according to Vedic conception woman is never offered leadership. But experience has shown that woman's leadership has not been successful.

Do you agree that throughout history there has never been a "big" woman scientist, philosopher, etc?

Do you agree that this is because women are less intelligent than men?

Do you agree that woman are less intelligent than men because their brains are smaller?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 22:47
    The thing is i am very mindfull of the spiritual life, and I am so mindfull I will not tolerate false teachings, and remember who compiled the bible and why and how.

The Bible has only been with us for about 1700-1800 years and Vedanta has been with man for millions, and is the Original teaching and all others are substitute (and a poor substitute)

...[text shortened]... hat fails to see the sacredness of animals and condones their slaughter is bogus, you know this.
    How fascinating that Vedanta was around long before the written word, yea, even before there was language. I thought you didn't tolerate false teachings?

You are the embodiment of contradiction.

I will not continue with the specific reasons why almost nothing you say is true, you'll just twist it around again, ignoring what is inconvenient, claiming it is untrue.

Just stop with the lies, is all I ask.
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:13

Tell me this,

if a woman is growing strong in the Lord, and is ABIDING in HIM, would not she have HIS Mind? Would NOT she be HIS "exact" Image and Likeness?
  15. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:14
    Thank goodness we don't need proof.

Just faith. Even just as much as the grain of mustard seed.
    AMEN Selah!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree