1. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:171 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The thing is i am very mindfull of the spiritual life, and I am so mindfull I will not tolerate false teachings, and remember who compiled the bible and why and how.

The Bible has only been with us for about 1700-1800 years and Vedanta has been with man for millions, and is the Original teaching and all others are substitute (and a poor substitute)

...[text shortened]... hat fails to see the sacredness of animals and condones their slaughter is bogus, you know this.
    What about those fish on the bbq that Christ had prepared as the disciples drew near him and he asked them to dine with him after he had been crucified?

Were they not ALIVE before he put them there?
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:242 edits
    Originally posted by bbarr
    This is a partial transcript of an interview with your Divine Grace that I found particularly interesting:

[quote]Woman reporter: You have different schools for men and women, is that correct?

Prabhupada: Yes. Man is regulated to become a first-class man, and woman is regulated to become very chaste and faithful wife.

Woman reporter: There is one more
    Do you agree that woman are less intelligent than men because their brains are smaller?
    There has never been a woman with less intelligence than any man. And if manKIND only "knew" their intelligence they would so know this factual.

What is the Image and Likeness of INTELLIGENCE?

What is the Image and Likeness of LOVE?

What is the Image and Likeness of STRENGTH?

One answer

The "truth" of any LIVING soul.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:54
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    There has never been a woman with less intelligence than any man. And if manKIND only "knew" their intelligence they would so know this factual.

What is the Image and Likeness of INTELLIGENCE?

What is the Image and Likeness of LOVE?

What is the Image and Likeness of STRENGTH?

One answer

The "truth" of any LIVING soul.
    Take it up with the Guru.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 23:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Thank goodness we don't need proof.

Just faith. Even just as much as the grain of mustard seed.
    Faith is the proof. "...the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 00:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    Faith is the proof. "...the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
    Amen Selah!
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 02:10
    This is a partial transcript of an interview with your Divine Grace that I found particularly interesting:

[quote]Woman reporter: You have different schools for men and women, is that correct?

Prabhupada: Yes. Man is regulated to become a first-class man, and woman is regulated to become very chaste and faithful wife.

Woman reporter: There is one more ...[text shortened]...
    Do you agree that woman are less intelligent than men because their brains are smaller?
    The statement is not suggesting that the physical brain is smaller, but that the thinking is smaller, because the women are more so controlled by the emotions that interfer with their intelligence.

In history their may be some woman who has been successfull in some great accomplishment, but i am not up with all of history, and I dont study who and when a person (women or man) has done a great thing (material thing), its not my interest, and I do not make this subject that we are disscussing an everyday concern.

Your idea and the worlds idea of greatness, is not my idea of greatness, because the whole world is being misdirected by atheism and false religion and dishonest science.

Real greatness is becoming self realized and retuning to our real home in the spiritual world, and not having to return to the world of suffering ever again.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 02:371 edit
    The statement is not suggesting that the physical brain is smaller, but that the thinking is smaller, because the women are more so controlled by the emotions that interfer with their intelligence.

In history their may be some woman who has been successfull in some great accomplishment, but i am not up with all of history, and I dont study who and when ...[text shortened]... real home in the spiritual world, and not having to return to the world of suffering ever again.
    Your Divine Grace claimed that the actual physical brain was smaller, and this is why women are less intelligent, and that is why women need instruction from their fathers, husbands and sons, and never turn out to be great scientists, philosophers, etc.

Here is the actual interview:

http://krishna.org/women-in-society-a-television-interview-with-srila-prabhupada/

The exchange is near the end of the interview.

So, do you agree with your Divine Grace, who is presumably fully versed in Vedantist teachings?
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 02:38
    Tell me this,

if a woman is growing strong in the Lord, and is ABIDING in HIM, would not she have HIS Mind? Would NOT she be HIS "exact" Image and Likeness?
    First of all this label women or man is an illusion....the body is not real, it is just dust in the wind.

Theres no such thing as a women soul or man soul.....soul is spiritual and without desiganation.

So if the spiritual soul takes birth in the body of a women, then that womens body has women traits, and theres nothing that can change about that (while its alive) so women or man can live the spiritual life and raise their consciousness to the platform of self realization and love of god.

If a women/man is growing strong in the Lord, it doesnt mean that they get the mind of God or have the same image of God, because they have their own eternal spiritual identity with their own spiritual mind and their own spiritual image (which is similar to Gods), and when they grow strong in that way, they become self realized to what they are in truth, and that is an eternal spiritual being (with spiritual body) with an eternal spiritual relationship with the Lord in love.....and this relationship will continue for eternity in the spiritual world.
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 02:47
    First of all this label women or man is an illusion....the body is not real, it is just dust in the wind.

Theres no such thing as a women soul or man soul.....soul is spiritual and without desiganation.

So if the spiritual soul takes birth in the body of a women, then that womens body has women traits, and theres nothing that can change about that ( ...[text shortened]... th the Lord in love.....and this relationship will continue for eternity in the spiritual world.
    Have you not read this passage?

Isaiah 11:9 (King James Version)

9They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 04:20
    Your Divine Grace claimed that the actual physical brain was smaller, and this is why women are less intelligent, and that is why women need instruction from their fathers, husbands and sons, and never turn out to be great scientists, philosophers, etc.

Here is the actual interview:

http://krishna.org/women-in-society-a-television-interview-with-srila- ...[text shortened]...
    So, do you agree with your Divine Grace, who is presumably fully versed in Vedantist teachings?
    The womens brain may be smaller than a mans i wouldnt know, but if Prubhupada has said this then their must be some truth to the matter.

Anyhow you have twisited the words a little to make it sound that because the brain is smaller women must depend on their husbands, but it doesnt say that.

I will add some extra words here because I understand the essence of whats being said from previous talks about this matter.

It says that women should be dependent on their husbands for protection because they are have an innocent trusting nature and can easily be taken advantage of, because their intelligence is mostly affected by their emotions and if there is truth in the brain being smaller then I am just finding this out myself.....but i dont concen myself with this stuff because everyone man or women can follow the spiritual life and be successfull.

If you like you may go to a doctor and enquire about brain size.

Women in this age are differnt from women in Vedic times and they have been exploited for sex and have grown and told to believe dependence is a weakness, but it is a actually a strength and a virtuous quality.

I really think all this is the horse before the cart, and we should be discussing your spiritual developement and not a womens brain.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 04:28
    Have you not read this passage?

Isaiah 11:9 (King James Version)

9They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
    Yes but Taco who wrote that....you have to understand that the compilers of the Bible were trying to make the Bible as authorized as they possibly could and they had to write many things to give it as much power as possible, because they were trying to have power over the people and control them.

They got some things right, but got many things wrong....but if a person is sincere then it doesnt matter that the Bible has error, because a person can take the perfect knowledge from Vedanta and live the perfect spiritual life, and go back home to Godhead. (its all good)
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 05:55
    The womens brain may be smaller than a mans i wouldnt know, but if Prubhupada has said this then their must be some truth to the matter.

Anyhow you have twisited the words a little to make it sound that because the brain is smaller women must depend on their husbands, but it doesnt say that.

I will add some extra words here because I understand the ...[text shortened]... before the cart, and we should be discussing your spiritual developement and not a womens brain.
    Indeed we shouldn't be talking about womens brains because as you have pointed out there is no designation between male and female when it somes to spirituality.
    However your reponse(s) to Bbarr have been quite revealing as to your attitude towards women.
    I mean, why would you even get sucked into having a debate about womens brain sizes?

Your on very shaky ground there. I suggest you re-read your own posts before you respond (too hastily) .
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 07:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

However your reponse(s) to Bbarr have been quite revealing as to your attitude towards women.
    Indeed, and that was really the point. It's the typical Indian sexism justified, just like the caste system, on the basis of unverifiable claims about the divine order. I'm just glad that folks here are able to see it. I do feel sorry for Visha's daughters, however, and hope they end up being strong and confident women despite his religion's toxic influence.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 08:32
    My first impression of you was that you were a religious fundamentalist that has not changed; now I also see you and your teaching promotes sexism and misogyny too.

I notice that some of your previously supporter friends such as robbie carrobie who a week ago were falling over themselves to show their "Christian loving-kindness" when i was "attacking" you, have gone awfully quite in the light of your increasingly bizarre and offensive revelations regarding your inner beliefs.

You are a deluded fraud whose beliefs repress women and insult peoples intelligence and true spirituality. You are in need of help but have no idea how badly you need that help.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 08:52
    Your responses are of the envious type trying to fain concern where there is none, but since you have no come back your attack is to cover your lack of understanding ....thats ok.

I stick by every word I said, but brain size is not my speciality so sorry I couldnt give any more info.

I did say that we shouldnt be talking about brains, but the spiritual life instead, didnt I.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree