1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:14
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Nothing is impossible with God which basically was what you were asking, could God maintain Christianity without the Bible. What He could have done isn’t as important as what He did do.
    How might your god figure have maintained Christianity without the 66 books of the Bible? What methods or media do you imagine?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 12:313 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Maybe you could speculate. You have already speculated that there would be some other means. Why not speculate about what form that means might take?
    If I were to speculate I would still not know. So why do you want me to speculate ?

By the way how do you know that God could not use another form of revelation?

Many people who have never read the Bible claim to have had visions of Jesus. How do you know that their claims are false?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 15:22
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If I were to speculate I would still not know. So why do you want me to speculate ?
    You ask people to assume and speculate and imagine stuff all the time. So let's get this straight: if you don’t know something, you don’t want to speculate about what the answer or situation could be, is that right?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 15:25
    By the way how do you know that God could not use another form of revelation?
    I did exactly that on another thread very recently and you rejected the suggestion.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 15:31
    Many people who have never read the Bible claim to have had visions of Jesus. How do you know that their claims are false?
    From personal experience, I would assume they were false, the person was lying or delusional. If you can show me a credible testimony, I'll look at it (as long as it's not some spammy tabloid nonsense).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree