1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 02:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    says nothing about predestination.
    I never mentioned predestination either.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 03:011 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What are those the percentages for? you're poker game?

According to this , and you combined, we have an overpopulation of hell goers here. lol
    Of course we do. Few find the road ro salvation.

Those numbers are for a general idea, which roughly corrolates to students in school. 10 percent will do well no matter what. 10 percent will fail no matter what. The 80 percent can break either way.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 03:561 edit
    says nothing about predestination.
    Hey Robbie...this is the 7th time you've gone into "ignore mode" with me and every time you've dropped the childishness and started talking to me again. What is it this time? Is my satanic bloodline [sic] a problem or is it something more basic, like you just don't want to respond to the content of my posts?

🙄
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 11:071 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I never mentioned predestination either.
    yes you did, your claim was that people were predestined before birth to follow a specific fate. When asked to substantiate your claim you cited a passage from Romans which says nothing about the claim you made. So we shall ask you once again. Where is the idea that people are predestined to a particular fate found in scripture.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 11:12
    yes you did, your claim was that people were predestined before birth to follow a specific fate. When asked to substantiate your claim you cited a passage from Romans which says nothing about the claim you made. So we shall ask you once again. Where is the idea that people are predestined to a particular fate found in scripture.
    robbie robbie robbie robbie robbie

😵
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 12:393 edits
    But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light - 1 Peter 2:9

[bDo you feel chosen as a Christian? [/b]
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Yes.
    But I was a lost sinner before I was a "chosen" Christian.

What are the implications for those not chosen?

No one knows who is "not chosen." So my advice for them, if they want to be saved is to immediately pray -

"Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus ... Thankyou for dying for me, for shedding your blood for my redemption, and even Lord ... for CHOOSING me to saved. Thankyou Lord Jesus."

Spending one nanosecond trying to figure out "Who is not chosen" is a waste of time.

What are the implications for the chosen?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Add to that being faithful.

What are the implications for those chosen and later rejected?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would spend some time prayreading and praising the Lord over the passage Romans 11:29

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    For God does not change in his gifts and in his callings.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    God never changes his mind when he gives gifts or when he calls someone.

New American Standard 1977
    for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

King James 2000 Bible
    For the gifts and calling of God are unchangeable.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [bDo you feel chosen as a Christian?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Yes.
    But I was a lost sinner before I was a "chosen" Christian.

What are the implications for those not chosen?

No one knows who is "not chosen." So my advice for them, if they want to be saved is to immediately pray -

"Lord Jesus, L ...[text shortened]... .

[b] King James 2000 Bible

For the gifts and calling of God are unchangeable. [/quote][/b]
    what is your understanding of the verse,

"For many are invited, but few are chosen." - Matthew 22:14

The reason I ask is that some are of the opinion that some Christians are chosen whereas others are not and they have attempted to utilise this verse to substantiate their claim. I don't believe it to be the case, I think the invitation goes out to everyone but only a few are chosen to become Christians not that some Christians are chosen and others are not.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 14:02
    what is your understanding of the verse,

"For many are invited, but few are chosen." - Matthew 22:14

The reason I ask is that some are of the opinion that some Christians are chosen whereas others are not and they have attempted to utilise this verse to substantiate their claim. I don't believe it to be the case, I think the invitation goes o ...[text shortened]... ly a few are chosen to become Christians not that some Christians are chosen and others are not.
    Matthew 22:14 is the final concluding word on the lesson of the Lord' parable of the kingdom of the heavens' Wedding Feast. My opinion is that understanding the parable is most likely the key to understanding its final lesson -

"For many are called but few are chosen."

Eader wrote a thread on this parable a few weeks ago. Without going back to review that thread in detail, my memory tells me that he dealt with it as a teaching about eternal redemption and salvation and being lost.

You will not get the same kind of interpretation from me. But my interpretations are not infallible. I follow the footnotes of the Recovery Version Bible on this passage as making more sense.

I will open another thread on Matthew 22:1-14 The Kingdom's Wedding Feast.
    Latter.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 14:04
    [b]Matthew 22:14 is the final concluding word on the lesson of the Lord' parable of the kingdom of the heavens' Wedding Feast. My opinion is that understanding the parable is most likely the key to understanding its final lesson -

"For many are called but few are chosen."

Eader wrote a thread on this parable a few weeks ...[text shortened]... .

I will open another thread on Matthew 22:1-14 The Kingdom's Wedding Feast.
    Latter.[/b]
    I don't need an interpretation I only need to know whether you think its applies to some Christians being chosen and others not.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 15:027 edits
    I don't need an interpretation I only need to know whether you think its applies to some Christians being chosen and others not.
    sorry.

I thought you wanted some more talk on the parable.

When it come to the word "chosen" the most important passage to me is the one where its says "chose us in Him".

" Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world ... " (Eph. 1:4a)

Now were some Christians are chosen and some are not chosen?, as you ask, I am not sure and do not really care. This is something probably smarter minds than ours have debated for centuries.

One thing I think is certain. If a man or women gets into HIM [Christ] she or he is chosen "in Him".

Now you may take this as evasion.
    You may take this as sidestepping the dilemma "Are some Christians chosen and other Christian not chosen?"

That can be speculated on. What is practical is to get ourselves INTO Christ. Get into Him. Believe into Him. And in Him, for sure, you will be chosen,

If a 747 Jumbo Jet is scheduled to leave New York and arrive five hours latter in Los Angelos, everybody who gets into that plane is "chosen" in that plane to arrive at the same destination as that plane.

And if you get into Jesus Christ, child, where Jesus goes you are going too - "in Him".

Now ya'll can argue about which Christians are chosen and which Christians are not chosen all you wish. I emphasize getting into Jesus Christ to be chosen "in Him".

Debate on.
    Don't let me stand in your way.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 15:392 edits
    sorry.

I thought you wanted some more talk on the parable.

When it come to the word [b]"chosen"
    the most important passage to me is the one where its says "chose us in Him".

" Even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world ... " (Eph. 1:4a)

Now were some Christians are chosen and some are not ...[text shortened]... g into Jesus Christ to be chosen "in Him".

Debate on.
    Don't let me stand in your way.[/b]
    Sure but being chosen has implications, far reaching implications. First of all it must be considered an inestimable privilege to be a Christian, to be chosen from among others to declare abroad the excellencies of the one who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light. Just think about that for a moment. Secondly it means that others are not chosen, that they have something in their make-up which disqualifies them at that moment in time. Perhaps its a character trait, or a particular disposition which makes them unsuitable. However it cannot be that Christians are any better for 'all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'. So we are duty bound to ask what quality is it that a Christian possesses which makes them eligible to be chosen? and I think it is the quality of being teachable. Christ is the fine shepherd and leads the congregation. If you are unwilling to adopt the teachings of the Christ then you literally cannot become a Christian. Surely?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 16:13
    Where did I use the term predestined?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 16:24
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Where did I use the term predestined?
    If 10% of humanity is doomed to hell, isn't that a predestined fate?! .
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 16:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Did I use the term? I may have described it as the Bible describes it, but I did not use the term as the Bible does not use the term.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '17 17:13
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    yes it is and its rather pathetic that the propose of the argument is attempting to evade his content because he did not use a specific term, pathetic really. Its explicitly implied.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree