1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 18:59
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This is where you are both totally wrong and totally spiritually impoverished.

The instructions specifically designed for the believer [b]as given by Jesus Himself
    are
    in St Matthew 25:31-46. Faith without works is dead, and Jesus delineated the works Himself.

Nemesio[/b]
    You think so?
    Then tell me, where do you go in the bible to show someone how to get saved?
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 19:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    You think so?
    Then tell me, where do you go in the bible to show someone how to get saved?
    Faith without works is dead. Faith is about belief, works are the manifestation of belief. The
    'instructions' for Christian salvation hinge on Jesus, and Jesus' words are recorded almost
    exclusively in the Gospels. Jesus' command to attend to the weakest of neighbor lest one be cast
    into the fires of Gehenna certainly constitute a major portion of the 'instructions.' In the absence
    of the Gospels, St Paul's letters don't amount to squat.

Anyway, you don't 'get saved.' Salvation is a gift; you don't 'get' it -- you receive it. And,
    you don't receive it until your death, for any moment on earth could exclude you from it. Merely
    testifying 'Lord, Lord' means nothing, even if you mean it at the moment, for you could be a seed
    that landed in shallow soil, that heard the Word of God, but shriveled under His Divine imperative
    to attend to your neighbor, to love as God loves.

It is only when the grain is harvested is salvation meted out, or inasmuch as Jesus repeatedly
    testifies.

Nemesio
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 20:27
    Faith without works is dead. Faith is about belief, works are the manifestation of belief. The
    'instructions' for Christian salvation hinge on Jesus, and Jesus' words are recorded almost
    exclusively in the Gospels. Jesus' command to attend to the weakest of neighbor lest one be cast
    into the fires of Gehenna certainly constitute a major portion ...[text shortened]... is salvation meted out, or inasmuch as Jesus repeatedly
    testifies.

Nemesio
    you still didn't answer the question!
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 20:52
    into the fires of Gehenna certainly constitute a major portion ...[text shortened]... is salvation meted out, or inasmuch as Jesus repeatedly
    testifies.

Nemesio
    Preaching the Gospel to the lost is work.
    But true work is about bring glory to God. Work is not about getting into heaven. For a true follower of Jesus eternal life starts at conversion.
  5. The sky
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 21:11
    you still didn't answer the question!
    "What chapter in this chess book should a chess newbie read to learn how to castle with the queen?"
    "You can't castle with your queen. You castle with the king and the rook, either kingside or queenside. Castling with your queen would be against the rules of chess."
    "You still didn't answer the question!"
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 21:19
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    "What chapter in this chess book should a chess newbie read to learn how to castle with the queen?"
    "You can't castle with your queen. You castle with the king and the rook, either kingside or queenside. Castling with your queen would be against the rules of chess."
    "You still didn't answer the question!"
    Do you want to clarify? I'm not playing word games.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 21:291 edit
    Do you want to clarify? I'm not playing word games.
    Your question: "Then tell me, where do you go in the bible to show someone how to get saved?"
    Nemesio: "Anyway, you don't 'get saved.'"
    That makes your question as meaningless (at least for him) as someone asking for instructions on how to castle with your queen.
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 21:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Preaching the Gospel to the lost is work.

Interesting, because Jesus mentions an entirely different litany of things as work. I guess Jesus
    was wrong.

But true work is about bring glory to God. Work is not about getting into heaven.

That's right. Work is not about getting saved. I'm glad you finally agree with me on this point.

For a true follower of Jesus eternal life starts at conversion.

So, if a true follower is converted, lives a life of ultimate goodness, but a day before his death,
    blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, he still inherits eternal life?

Nemesio
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 21:49
    [b]Preaching the Gospel to the lost is work.

Interesting, because Jesus mentions an entirely different litany of things as work. I guess Jesus
    was wrong.

But true work is about bring glory to God. Work is not about getting into heaven.

That's right. Work is not about getting saved. I'm glad you fina ...[text shortened]... ore his death,
    blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, he still inherits eternal life?

Nemesio[/b]
    Walking is working. Read Romans 10:14-15
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So when Matthew and Mark say he gave no answer, what they meant was ....................? They couldn't have been wrong (the Bible is inerrant) so please explain.

More likely they are writing to different audiences and tailoring their message to that audience. None of them were witnesses to the actual events and at least two - Luke and John - and possibly all never meet Jesus.
    Matthew 27
    Jesus before Pilate
    11Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor questioned Him, saying, "Are You the King of the Jews?" And Jesus said to him, "It is as you say."
    12And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He did not answer.
    13Then Pilate said to Him, "Do You not hear how many things they testify against You?"
    14And He did not answer him with regard to even a single charge, so the governor was quite amazed.

Mark 15
    Jesus before Pilate
    1Early in the morning the chief priests with the elders and scribes and the whole Council, immediately held a consultation; and binding Jesus, they led Him away and delivered Him to Pilate.
    2 Pilate questioned Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?" And He answered him, "It is as you say."
    3The chief priests began to accuse Him harshly.
    4Then Pilate questioned Him again, saying, "Do You not answer? See how many charges they bring against You!"
    5But Jesus made no further answer; so Pilate was amazed.

Seems to me Jesus did speak and did not answer at a certain point
    in the conversation regarding the charges being brought against him.
    Kelly
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 22:031 edit
    Walking is working. Read Romans 10:14-15
    Paul wasn't the Christ!

The verses Nemesio quoted are Christ words, why dont you believe Him?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 22:04
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Your question: "Then tell me, where do you go in the bible to show someone how to get saved?"
    Nemesio: "Anyway, you don't 'get saved.'"
    That makes your question as meaningless (at least for him) as someone asking for instructions on how to castle with your queen.
    But to the christian my question makes perfect sense.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 22:07
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Paul wasn't the Christ!

The verses Nemesio quoted are Christ words, why dont you believe Him?
    Do you understand what it means when we speak about the Word
    of God, and the Spirit of God, and if One of those two say something
    to us how we recieve it as from God?
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 22:10
    This is where you are both totally wrong and totally spiritually impoverished.

The instructions specifically designed for the believer [b]as given by Jesus Himself
    are
    in St Matthew 25:31-46. Faith without works is dead, and Jesus delineated the works Himself.

Nemesio[/b]
    Context, context, and context it is true that faith without works is
    dead, and it is also true that just our works are going to get you into
    heaven either.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 22:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you understand what it means when [b]we speak about the Word
    of God, and the Spirit of God, and if One of those two say something
    to us how we recieve it as from God?
    Kelly[/b]
    I don't understand people that look for an easy salvation, so maybe I don't understand you guys. However, I do understand the message that Christ delivered, at least part of it and I still seek the rest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree