1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 08:381 edit
    Originally posted by David C
    So, you're saying Nic is wrong when he states de facto that he knows more about the bible simply because he reads the bible? How interesting. Is this an example of the rational thought you are bestowed with after 'accepting' Jesus?
    You are making your own weird conclusions friend. In simple terms I said that knowing the Bible off by heart does not warrant knowing the God of the Bible, as was probably the case with Herr Dan Barker...
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 08:42
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    You are making your own weird conclusions friend. In simple terms I said that knowing the Bible off by heart does not warrant knowing the God of the Bible.
    You just paraphrased my point precisely. Are you having some difficulty comprehending what I'm saying?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 08:47
    You just paraphrased my point precisely. Are you having some difficulty comprehending what I'm saying?
    So you agree that Dan Barker did not know the God of the Bible?

Sorry couldn't resist that ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 09:111 edit
    Now seriosuly. You are saying that Dan Barker knows more of the Bible than Nic does eventhough Nic reads the Bible. And I am saying that knowing the Bible more than Nic, does not warrant knowing God. Nic who might know less of the Bible than Dan Barker, may know God whereas Dan Barker may not know God at all.

Is that what you were saying? Then we agree. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 09:14
    In simple terms I said that knowing the Bible off by heart does not warrant knowing the God of the Bible, as was probably the case with Herr Dan Barker...
    For pity's sake, dj, look to your grammar. You've just implied that Dan Barker is personnally acquainted with God.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 09:22
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    For pity's sake, dj, look to your grammar. You've just implied that Dan Barker is personnally acquainted with God.
    ๐Ÿ˜‰ See the edited version. lol
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 06:46
    So, you're saying Nic is wrong when he states de facto that he knows more about the bible simply because he reads the bible? How interesting. Is this an example of the rational thought you are bestowed with after 'accepting' Jesus?
    When i state i know more than you about the Bible cause i read the Bible and you dont, wouldnt that make the statement true?

Now, if i would read the Bible, wouldnt i be interrested in the contents of the Bible? Why would anyone read any book if they are not interrested in the contents of that book?

I read the Bible, cause of the fact that i can learn from it, i am interrested in it, i love it, and know what God wants me to do wiht it. The Word is God, and God is the Word.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 06:49
    Now seriosuly. You are saying that Dan Barker knows more of the Bible than Nic does eventhough Nic reads the Bible. And I am saying that knowing the Bible more than Nic, does not warrant knowing God. Nic who might know less of the Bible than Dan Barker, may know God whereas Dan Barker may not know God at all.

Is that what you were saying? Then we agree. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Thanks, I like it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree