Christians ONLY please!!!

Christians ONLY please!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
Yes I do David. Not always, but seeing that I am a Christian and read the Bible everyday, I will know more than a person not reading the Bible, wouldnt you agree?
lol. No, Nic, I would not. Do you think you know more about the Bible than, say...a Dan Barker? Seems like a fairly arrogant stance to take.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
02 Nov 05

b

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
LOL. You crack me up BF.

BF: Will your heart be wrenched when you look down from your perch on high and see the wailing and gnashing of teeth of those who you could have saved if only you hadn't been such an impersonal robot?
THE WORD OF GOD saves people. Believing in JESUS CHRIST saves people. As far a watching those sufferring in Eternal Damnation, I'll be to busy enjoying Promised Blessings of Eternal Life. To be looking at those that Volunteered to Go to hell.

b

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by David C
lol. No, Nic, I would not. Do you think you know more about the Bible than, say...a Dan Barker? Seems like a fairly arrogant stance to take.
Do you read the BIBLE? Or are you just reporting bits and pieces of what you heard.

b

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that your apparently incompetent use of the English language was part of a deliberate effort to prevent intelligent readers from comprehending, and thus arguing with your assertions. Because you have adopted such a strategy, however, it raises the question who you believe you are writing to?

Sarcasm aside, I can usually unde ...[text shortened]... advice of others, to offer you some corrections to your misuse of God's own language--English.
Your views on my use English, spelling, commas, and etc...... Will not get you into Heaven.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
02 Nov 05

b

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
They won't get him into hell, either.
True

W
Angler

River City

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Your views on my use English, spelling, commas, and etc...... Will not get you into Heaven.
Imagine for one brief second that I agree with you on matters of faith. Now, my need to chastise you for your gross offenses to the language is rooted in Scripture: Mark 7:37 (the example of Jesus) and II Corinthians 5:16-21 (admonishment to believers to follow the example of Jesus).

Because you abusively defend what you do poorly, I cannot look to you as an ambassador for Jesus. Perhaps you serve another.

"You gotta serve somebody. It might be the Devil, or it might be the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody." Bob Dylan

b

Moves
03 Nov 05

Imagine for one brief second that I agree with you on matters of faith. Now, my need to chastise you for your gross offenses to the language is rooted in Scripture: Mark 7:37 (the example of Jesus) and II Corinthians 5:16-21 (admonishment to believers to follow the example of Jesus).

Because you abusively defend what you do poorly, I cannot look to you as ...[text shortened]... ebody. It might be the Devil, or it might be the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody." Bob Dylan
WHO do you serve?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
WHO do you serve?
Whom.

b

Moves
03 Nov 05

Whom.
my point exactly

N

Moves
03 Nov 05

I dont know Dan Barker, but if he studies the Bible, then he'll know more then me. If he does not read or study the Bible, I will know more than him. Correct?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nicolaas
I dont know Dan Barker, but if he studies the Bible, then he'll know more then me. If he does not read or study the Bible, I will know more than him. Correct?
You should check him out, Nic. An interesting guy, for sure.

Moves
03 Nov 05

You should check him out, Nic. An interesting guy, for sure.
Sadly there are those like Dan Barker, that may know the Bible off by heart, but do not know the God of the Bible. There is a difference.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Sadly there are those like Dan Barker, that may know the Bible off by heart, but do not know the God of the Bible. There is a difference.
So, you're saying Nic is wrong when he states de facto that he knows more about the bible simply because he reads the bible? How interesting. Is this an example of the rational thought you are bestowed with after 'accepting' Jesus?