1. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 11:19
    I wonder how many non-christians and people not believing in Jesus Christ would enter this thread just because the name says "Christians ONLY please!!!".

If so, may you be blessed upon entering this thread by Jesus Christ, and please dont leave any kind of any remarks here please?

Christians! We need to pray for these people. We need to ask God to forgive these people and make their hearts soft. We need to ask Him to open their hearts, sothat they may feel His love, open their ears sothat they could listen when He is talking and open their eyes sothat they could see the wonders of God.

We should not approach non-christians (atheists/other religions not believing in Jesus Christ) without praying first. We need the full armor of God to protect is from not falling into the devils trap. We must not get anry but keep calm sothat God may do His work. I know that they are mocking our God, calling Him names, even swearing Him. It is difficult to keep calm, but we should not let anyone get to us. If we cant win Souls for God, God will take it further. God knows that we are only human and He knows that we have tried our best, but then it had to be the best.

Dear Lord, I ask that You will give us the strength to do Your work. May we not fall down, but keep on going until You will come and take us home. Amen.
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 11:23
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    I wonder how many non-christians and people not believing in Jesus Christ would enter this thread just because the name says "Christians ONLY please!!!".

If so, may you be blessed upon entering this thread by Jesus Christ, and please dont leave any kind of any remarks here please?
    So, how did that experiment work out for you, Nick?
  3. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 12:04

Christians! We need to pray for these people. We need to ask God to ...[text shortened]... o Your work. May we not fall down, but keep on going until You will come and take us home. Amen.
    You have already made your own head soft.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:20
    So Dave and Howard are Christians?

I would never have guessed...
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:25
    I was a xtian more than 15 years ago. May I post here?
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:30
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I was a xtian more than 15 years ago. May I post here?
    Are you one now?
  7. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:311 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So Dave and Howard are Christians?

I would never have guessed...
    looks like it - so Dave and Howard - are you Christians or not?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:36
    Are you one now?
    I think most people that call themselves Xtians do know know Christ.

I think they believe in the power of X.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:40
    Are you one now?
    I doubt it. Most people who call themselves xtians make too many absurd claims for me to wish such association. In addition to the absurdities in many of their spiritual claims, many embrace unethical political causes, or advocate repulsive anti-intellectualism in favor of gross misreadings of sacred texts.

As a former xtian, I will suggest that instead of praying that we become as you, perhaps you might pray that God fashion you into a being that reflects all that is good, and true, and pure. If xtians were, in fact, a light in the world (as Jesus advocated in his most important, and most complete sermon), thinking people with a moral sense might not find themselves quite so repulsed.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:521 edit
    I doubt it. Most people who call themselves xtians make too many absurd claims for me to wish such association. In addition to the absurdities in many of their spiritual claims, many embrace unethical political causes, or advocate repulsive anti-intellectualism in favor of gross misreadings of sacred texts.

As a former xtian, I will suggest that instead o ...[text shortened]... omplete sermon), thinking people with a moral sense might not find themselves quite so repulsed.
    For me a Christian is a person that has a living relationship with Jesus Christ.

edit: typo
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:56
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    For me a Chrisitian is ....
    At least "xtian" is spelled correctly.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 14:011 edit
    At least "xtian" is spelled correctly.
    Luckily spelling is not the only thing that matters. 😀
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 14:04
    looks like it - so Dave and Howard - are you Christians or not?
    Nope. Sorry, Nic. Hope your next segregated thread works out better for you.

Although, I can't speak for Howard. Maybe your prayer softened his heart, and he welcomed in Jesus for tea and biscuits!
  14. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 14:12
    Originally posted by David C
    Nope. Sorry, Nic. Hope your next segregated thread works out better for you.

Although, I can't speak for Howard. Maybe your prayer softened his heart, and he welcomed in Jesus for tea and biscuits!
    No one said there were biscuits! Is the tea English Breakfast? Hmm...I may have to rethink this Christian jazzamatazz.
  15. The sky
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 14:20
    Originally posted by Starrman
    No one said there were biscuits! Is the tea English Breakfast? Hmm...I may have to rethink this Christian jazzamatazz.
    I thought it was Howard offering tea and biscuits to Jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree