1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 15:57
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You are right. Put simply hell is the grave.
    Unfortunately Christ came along and confused the concept with the following story. Some say it cannot be literal and its a parable. But every parable has a literal and a spiritual interpretation. Whats your view.

Luke 16 : 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sor ...[text shortened]... ar not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
    The problem with Mathew Mark, Luke, et al, is they are all second hand stories. There is no way to show they were the actual words of Christ.
    Since 'hell' is a non-entity whether people mistook the original words or not, it is so inculcated in the poor brainwashed minds of these gullible individuals it makes no difference now what words are correct or translated correctly, the damage to the human psych has already been done. The church leaders now have a nice weapon, a sword of Damocles to dangle over the heads of their hapless victims. Another example of the functional insanity I speak of.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Oct '08 16:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The problem with Mathew Mark, Luke, et al, is they are all second hand stories. There is no way to show they were the actual words of Christ.
    Since 'hell' is a non-entity whether people mistook the original words or not, it is so inculcated in the poor brainwashed minds of these gullible individuals it makes no difference now what words are correct or tran ...[text shortened]... ver the heads of their hapless victims. Another example of the functional insanity I speak of.
    Most people who think like you are small minded and yet tend to be strangely intelligent. But they cannot think beyond this little insignificant planet. Its hard to imagine the distance it is to the outer perimeter of this solar system. Its even harder to imagine that this solar system is a speck of dust in the Milky Way Galaxy. Even worse is to imagine that this galaxy is nothing in the universal scheme of things as there are billions of galaxies and possibly millions of inhabited planets with lifeforms far more intelligent that us. If you have therefore seen about .000000000000000000000000000001% of this universe, how can you claim to know whether or not there is a Hell or Hell fire which Christ spoke of ?
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 00:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The problem with Mathew Mark, Luke, et al, is they are all second hand stories.
    That's why they called him "Cool Second-hand Luke." 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 03:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Most people who think like you are small minded and yet tend to be strangely intelligent. But they cannot think beyond this little insignificant planet. Its hard to imagine the distance it is to the outer perimeter of this solar system. Its even harder to imagine that this solar system is a speck of dust in the Milky Way Galaxy. Even worse is to imagine that ...[text shortened]... e, how can you claim to know whether or not there is a Hell or Hell fire which Christ spoke of ?
    Does god have space-ships to take our souls there when we die?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 11:00
    Originally posted by Yourout
    Does god have space-ships to take our souls there when we die?
    You joined yesterday just to come on the forum and ask a dumb question? Or are you sonhouse pretending to be someone else?
  6. Joined
    04 Aug '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 02:59
    Just to understand you raj, you're saying that hell and heaven are simply very far away? If these places are in fact within the dimensions of our universe, then why is it so stupid for zero-moves yourout to ask about spaceships taking us there?

My point is, your argument is that we can't possibly know if hell or heaven exist somewhere extremely far from Earth. So, if you're saying it's simply a matter of distance, are you also implying that our souls go through some sort of worm hole to get to hell or heaven? Who directs us to these worm holes, if that's the case, and can we simply decide to stay here on this planet? This all sounds more like science fiction than anything else. lol, look, I know this sounds like a dumb set of questions, but they stem from your argument about hell existing somewhere in this vast universe that we can't possibly reach in our lifetime. So, could you please clarify this?

It seems it's better for people to claim that heaven and hell are not of the natural world. When you start bringing reality - non-super natural - into the argument of heaven and hell, you have to expect the space ship type questions.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 04:24
    Originally posted by kast
    Just to understand you raj, you're saying that hell and heaven are simply very far away? If these places are in fact within the dimensions of our universe, then why is it so stupid for zero-moves yourout to ask about spaceships taking us there?

My point is, your argument is that we can't possibly know if hell or heaven exist somewhere extremely far from Ear ...[text shortened]... - into the argument of heaven and hell, you have to expect the space ship type questions.
    Sure yes.. spaceship, transport is by spaceship.
    You have to wear a special hellmit 🙂, and only special fireproof luggage is hellowed. OK?
  8. Joined
    04 Aug '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 05:301 edit
    oh, here we go again. You're the one that came out with such a ludicrous idea as to put heaven and hell (places that a "soul" is supposed to go after we die) far far away in our universe. Don't tell me to wear a special hellmit (it's spelled helmet, btw).

In the end, however, I agree. It is a ridiculous question...only very fitting to such a ridiculous claim for the existence of heaven and hell in our universe (but very far away).

and I like the post early in the thread that states god is a terrorist. funny. if he's anything like the crazy god in the old testament, he sure is a terrorist. osama is a joke compared to the biblical god's terrorism.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 20:231 edit
    oh, here we go again. You're the one that came out with such a ludicrous idea as to put heaven and hell (places that a "soul" is supposed to go after we die) far far away in our universe. Don't tell me to wear a special hellmit (it's spelled helmet, btw).

In the end, however, I agree. It is a ridiculous question...only very fitting to such a ridiculous cl ament, he sure is a terrorist. osama is a joke compared to the biblical god's terrorism.
    Like I said, the people aboard the Titanic who warned the passengers urgently that the ship was sinking were terrorists.

If when you were a child your mother warned you not to place your hand on a hot stove or a hot iron or not to walk out in the street ... well she was a terrorist.

The people who put labels on poison to warn people not to drink it or they might die ... well they too were terrorists.

If your dad didn't let you run wild at home and do whatever mischief that entered your heart to do ... well then, he was a terrorist too.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 03:301 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Like I said, the people aboard the Titanic who warned the passengers urgently that the ship was sinking were [b]terrorists.

If when you were a child your mother warned you not to place your hand on a hot stove or a hot iron or not to walk out in the street ... well she was a terrorist.

The people who put labels on poison to warn people o whatever mischief that entered your heart to do ... well then, he was a terrorist too.[/b]
    Nobody on the Titanic worshipped the Titanic or the ocean and demanded obedience to either. I don't know about yours, but my mother never insisted I worship the freeway or the stove to keep it from hurting me. Same with poison.

In any case, I thought Christians were about free will. Since when are random Christians my parents? Why do they feel entitled to treat us like their child?

Osama bin Laden and most of the rest of the current crop of terrorists have religion too you know. They think they're out for humanity's best interests too.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 10:315 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Nobody on the Titanic worshipped the Titanic or the ocean and demanded obedience to either. I don't know about yours, but my mother never insisted I worship the freeway or the stove to keep it from hurting me. Same with poison.

In any case, I thought Christians were about free will. Since when are random Christians my parents? Why do they feel e ...[text shortened]... orists have religion too you know. They think they're out for humanity's best interests too.
    ==================================
    Nobody on the Titanic worshipped the Titanic or the ocean and demanded obedience to either. I ======================================

The analogy does not have to be equal in all respects to make my point.

Nobody on the Titanic was absolutely righteous or the eternal creator of the other passengers either.

====================================
    don't know about yours, but my mother never insisted I worship the freeway or the stove to keep it from hurting me. Same with poison.
    ================================================

Did your mother say "You can call me Mom if you want. But if you prefer just address me by saying - 'Hey girl !'. That will be Okay too." ?

Did your mother say "In the morning it be nice to her you say 'Hi Mom. But if you want just say "Hey bitch! Where's my breakfast ! ' Just talk to me any old way you want. I want to be totally permissive here. No need to be sactamonious .' " ?

===========================================
    In any case, I thought Christians were about free will. Since when are random Christians my parents? Why do they feel entitled to treat us like their child?
    ==========================================

In the analogy if I wanted to exclude free will then there would be no warning. You simply FORCE people not to drown.

==========================================
    Osama bin Laden and most of the rest of the current crop of terrorists have religion too you know. They think they're out for humanity's best interests too.
    =====================================

Manufacture excuses as many as you please and for the rest of your life.

Some of us realize no one, but no one, has come along like Jesus Christ. We believe that He is Lord. And we delight to praise and worship Him.

Besides, many of us realize to enjoy God and live in oneness with God is the worship which we require.

DId you ever notice that feasts of the children of Israel. Essentially, their worship which God prescribed was a feast with all kinds of great food to enjoy.

Our worship is to feast of the life of God in Christ.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 10:40
    I think in the Old Testament God had to demonstrate His hatred for sin. Otherwise it would mean little to us to know that He sent His Son to die for our sins.

Even with the backround of His hatred for sin, many people still don't realize the amazing step God took to save us from its penalty.

First man had to realize that sin was an abomination to God. The Old Testament graphically portrayed that to path the way for an all-inclusive redemption in the Son of God.
  13. Joined
    04 Aug '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '08 00:28
    Let me get this straight.

1 - God tells us not to eat from the tree of knowledge (or the special apple tree...whatever fruit tree it was) because he wanted us to stay ignorant to the world around us and liked us running around unknowingly naked.

2 - Eve decides she wants education, haha...she wants to "know" stuff.

3 - The talking snake (with legs) is responsible for the punishment of all snakes thereafter by being rid of its legs as a species. Likewise, eve's and adam's "sin" is responsible for all the hurt among us now.

4 - god is all powerful, yet decides to let the world go nuts, he kills a LOT of people and eventually gives us the laws (why did he kill anyone before he even gave us the laws?). He's jealous, mean, and vindictive. He gets some counseling or something that makes him completely loving (although still damning) in the new testament.

5 - the ALL POWERFUL god decides that, after showing us that he could crush us time and time again, he wants to crush his son (who is also himself) and even turn away from his son (himself) in his son's darkest moment (which is really his darkest moment). He sacrifices his own son (himself) to brutal death always knowing that instead, he could simply forgive us and point at the past as an example for why we shouldn't cross him.

How does that make sense? Please. I'm begging for someone to make sense of this story. Why did he have to let his son get tortured (himself get tortured)? Why not simply forgive us? Why not simply get rid of the devil?

I thought that tempting someone to do something is a sin. Being tempted is not a sin, apparently, but tempting someone is a sin. Did god not tempt adam and eve by telling them "hey, all this other stuff is cool, but just don't eat from this tree...this one tree that will give you too much knowledge....you don't want to know what you don't know...just don't eat from it. Ok. Now I'm gonna go away for a bit but DON'T eat from that tree." Isn't that hardcore tempting?

and please explain, again, why he can't just get rid of the devil in the first place. Why does the devil even think he can win if he supposedly knows that god is gonna win? The devil and the angels have free will and the angels automatically start off in heaven? We have free will but don't get to go to heaven unless we pass the test? Angels get to KNOW god exists but we have to have "faith" (except those who were LUCKY enough to have been around when god didn't mind showing off his stuff)? Why would the devil, knowing god could beat him, even TRY to go against him (exerting his free will)?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Oct '08 00:41
    Let me get this straight.

1 - God tells us not to eat from the tree of knowledge (or the special apple tree...whatever fruit tree it was) because he wanted us to stay ignorant to the world around us and liked us running around unknowingly naked.

2 - Eve decides she wants education, haha...she wants to "know" stuff.

3 - The talking snake (with legs) is ...[text shortened]... god could beat him, even TRY to go against him (exerting his free will)?
    Yep ... ok. its all there in the company manual. So what?
    You want the guys the street to tell you why the boss wrote that?
    Ask him yourself.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '08 00:52
    3 - The talking snake (with legs) is responsible for the punishment of all snakes thereafter by being rid of its legs as a species...
    How do you know that the serpent had legs? He was living in a tree, and was punished by being forced to slither on the ground. It was symbolic of ALL creatures (and all of the physical world for that matter) being driven away from paradise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree