1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 06:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't know if you were.
    I heard about heaven and hell as a child and don't think I was harmed in the least. Why do you not want children to hear about it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 06:55
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I heard about heaven and hell as a child and don't think I was harmed in the least. Why do you not want children to hear about it?
    For the reasons and in the circumstances that I mentioned in the answer I gave only a few moments ago which you appear to be ignoring.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 06:57
    I heard about heaven and hell as a child and don't think I was harmed in the least.
    Good for you. Weren't you abused by a Christian cult for 24 years before you manged to escape?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Good for you. Weren't you abused by a Christian cult for 24 years before you manged to escape?
    Abused in what way?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    For the reasons and in the circumstances that I mentioned in the answer I gave only a few moments ago which you appear to be ignoring.
    Why do you think a child suffers psychological abuse if they hear about hell?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:07
    FMF: Good for you. Weren't you abused by a Christian cult for 24 years before you manged to escape?

Abused in what way?
    If you weren't abused, then so be it.

When you told the story last year it seemed to be related as a tale of prolonged abuse. You even used it as an excuse for your poor behaviour on this forum.

If you now would have it that you weren't abused, then OK.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:10
    Why do you think a child suffers psychological abuse if they hear about hell?
    By "hell" I am referring to the threat of never ending torture in flames for not being superstitious in a very specific way. If you don't think holding the prospect of such a threat and fate at the hands of an angry vengeful supernatural being over young children might not amount to a form of psychological abuse, then I am OK with that.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you weren't abused, then so be it.

When you told the story last year it seemed to be related as a tale of prolonged abuse. You even used it as an excuse for your poor behaviour on this forum.

If you now would have it that you weren't abused, then OK.
    I merely shared how I was involved in a cult for 20 odd years, you seem to think that I was abused or that it is an excuse for my supposed odd behavior.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:19
    I merely shared how I was involved in a cult for 20 odd years, you seem to think that I was abused or that it is an excuse for my supposed odd behavior.
    Your description of your experience was one of being abused.

Shortly afterwards you cited that experience as an excuse for your bizarre behaviour.

If you now claim you weren't abused, then OK, that's what you now claim.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your description of your experience was one of being abused.

Shortly afterwards you cited that experience as an excuse for your bizarre behaviour.

If you now claim you weren't abused, then OK, that's what you now claim.
    According to your mindset the things I described seemed to qualify as abuse in your eyes.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:30
    According to your mindset the things I described seemed to qualify as abuse in your eyes.
    Like I said, if you now claim that you weren't abused, then so be it.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I said, if you now claim that you weren't abused, then so be it.
    You are they one who has always claimed that I was abused. Now you are making it sound like I am changing my story, when in fact it has always been your claim.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 07:49
    You are they one who has always claimed that I was abused. Now you are making it sound like I am changing my story, when in fact it has always been your claim.
    If you are now claiming that you haven't changed your story and that I have got it wrong, then so be it.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 09:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you are now claiming that you haven't changed your story and that I have got it wrong, then so be it.
    So you agree that you were lying?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 09:24
    So you agree that you were lying?
    No. I honestly and sincerely interpret your story about life in your cult as being one of over two decades of abuse and deprivation ~ circumstances you were relieved to escape from, and which - all these years later - you are perhaps still inclined to blame for the odd and unpleasant way you interact with people. And I still do. If you say it wasn't so, good for you. I don't really care.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree