Christians/Muslims

Christians/Muslims

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
In a way conducive with the copy/pasted description of religious cultish abuse which you posting in a thread here as Fetchmyjunk some moths ago and which you attributed to yourself and used as a pitiful excuse for your posting style in here.
So which part did I copy and paste? Are you going to admit that you are a liar? Of course not.

F

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
So which part did I copy and paste? Are you going to admit that you are a liar? Of course not.
If you think this is zooming in to the heart of what has transpired here, then I think you are mistaken.

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Well that's the thing with lying, you need to have an excellent memory.
I see you are talking out of experience here. We all know what you lied about. What do you think I lied about?

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
If you think this is zooming in to the heart of what has transpired here, then I think you are mistaken.
So you are going to tell me that I was abused even if I never felt abused. Ok FMF.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Jun 17

So you are going to tell me that I was abused even if I never felt abused. Ok FMF.
Are you going to address any of the recent posts put to you?!

Your own words described a situation that was clearly abusive, and the link you yourself provided detailed horrific examples of abuse, both physical and financial.

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
"I grew up in a legalistic 'Christian cult' where I was indoctrinated from a young age to believe that the teachings of my church was true and that all other churches that didn't believe exactly what we believed were lost. I was indoctrinated to follow laws that weren't even in the Bible. I was not allowed to talk to the opposite sex, watch tv, liste ...[text shortened]... ents would disown their children if they decided to leave. "

Sure sounds like abuse to me.
Of course you are going to support your pal FMF. Who do you think is in a better position to decide whether or not they experienced abuse, the supposed victim or someone who was never in their shoes?

Which part of the 'abuse' definition are you trying to apply here:

1. use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.
or
2. treat with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

?

Moves
05 Jun 17

Well, the site he linked to said:

"True stories of broken people and destroyed families, of obscure traditions and rituals, of excessive beatings and virginity tests, of obscure credit transactions and diamond deals, of debts involving millions, of secret agent activities supporting the apartheid regime."

Perhaps he has a different understanding of what constitutes abuse?
Are we discussing my experience or someone else's?

F

Moves
05 Jun 17

I am now going to tell you that you might well be in denial. You posted what you posted. You posted the link you posted. And you even blamed your interpersonal dysfunction on having been in a cult.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Jun 17

Of course you are going to support your pal FMF. Who do you think is in a better position to decide whether or not they experienced abuse, the supposed victim or someone who was never in their shoes?
The person being objective?

F

Moves
05 Jun 17

Are we discussing my experience or someone else's?
We are discussing the experience you described and the content found at the link you provided to back up your story.

Moves
05 Jun 17

The person being objective?
Ok which part of the 'abuse' definition are you trying to apply here:

or

?

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I am now going to tell you that you might well be in denial. You posted what you posted. You posted the link you posted. And you even blamed your interpersonal dysfunction on having been in a cult.
Since we are quoting things would you mind quoting the part where I said I suffered from 'interpersonal dysfunction'?

F

Moves
05 Jun 17

or

?
You are in denial. Read what you wrote about how you were treated. Read the web site you told us to look at.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Jun 17
1 edit

or

?
"I grew up in a legalistic 'Christian cult' where I was indoctrinated from a young age to believe that the teachings of my church was true and that all other churches that didn't believe exactly what we believed were lost. I was indoctrinated to follow laws that weren't even in the Bible. I was not allowed to talk to the opposite sex, watch tv, listen to non Christian music etc, and believed that I needed to confess every bad thought that I had to a counsellor in the church who would pray with me for God to forgive me. Women in our church were not allowed to wear trousers or jewelry, and you weren't allowed to be romantically involved with the person you wanted to marry. You had to marry someone from the same church. You had to 'hear from God' who the person was that you were going to marry and you weren't even allowed to talk to them before you got married. Anyone who questioned the rules of this church were excommunicated and everyone in the church believed they were going to hell and shunned them like lepers. I was born into the church and for 24 years I believed that everything they taught was the absolute truth. Parents would disown their children if they decided to leave. "

The above falls into the category of psychological abuse. (At the very least).

Edit: You know my profession, right?

Moves
05 Jun 17

Originally posted by FMF
You are in denial. Read what you wrote about how you were treated. Read the web site you told us to look at.

or

?